PDA

View Full Version : Hurt tricep tendon

ComeToJesus
02-27-2004, 03:52 PM
When I do pushups, bench, or any other exercise involving the tricep, on my right arm, something (the tendon I assume) would seem to "wrap" around the bone (ulna) and kind of click. This has been happening for as long as I can remember, but just lately it has started to really hurt.
I've laid off of pushups and such for now and am applying jow to it, but I seriously doubt that it will do anything.
Anyone here familiar with this kind of problem?
I googled around a bit, and it could be tendinitis, but I'm not sure.
Can anyone suggest any treatments?
Thanks.

blooming lotus
02-27-2004, 04:28 PM
sure..I do bulk tris, push ups etc myself and sometimes getthe same thing..there's a pressure point just in from your wrist in line with your little finger on the inside crease. There's also one on the outer edge of the shoulder, just below the joint between the arm and shoulder...if you apply pressure while you extend your arm out to the side, you should get some relief.....a good one for general pain relief is between the web of the thumb and forefinger

do a search on accupressure , definately worth checking out ;) :D

ComeToJesus
02-28-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks, I'll do a search on that, but I was thinking more like, treatments that trained professionals would perform on me. Not sure I want to go poking around my arm myself hehe.

blooming lotus
02-28-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm nearly offended at your insinuation that tcm isn't a proffessional treatment method...but whatever dude, good luck with your healing

ComeToJesus
02-29-2004, 03:36 PM
I didn't insinuate that. What I meant was that me performing treatments on myself isn't professional. I didn't mean to offend you.

blooming lotus
02-29-2004, 11:30 PM
no problem ;)

what exactly were you after?? are you talking western medine, excercise prescription??? jow of some sort..I think you might need to be a lil more specific

ComeToJesus
03-01-2004, 10:37 AM
I was just trying to see whether people were familiar with the problem I am having and if yes, what kind of treatments they reccomended. Such as that active release thing I've seen a little bit about, or accupressure like you said.
I don't have many, if any TCM practicioners in my town, so I wanted to know what would be likely to work if I went out of town for these treatments.