PDA

View Full Version : My New Workout Regime

blooming lotus
02-28-2004, 02:13 AM
ok...moving back to China and just constructed my new daily plan, tell me if I missed something...

rise...soft qigong..maybe some brocades etc...

15mins - 1/2 hr stretches

run to park (f*ck knows distance...)

Fords HIIT routine...

taiji with the locals

run home..

floor routine...push ups, squats, tris, abs, bis, chest, bar routines( ie...pullups/chin ups ..play a lil :p )

shower/ work/ break midday for like maybe 2hrs

emei via video...maybe more abs, pistols, more qigong
foot/bag work
back to work

evening.... maybe some light yoga
and if time run to and from more taiji with loces
jump on a bus, head out to shaolin for nght clas of ??hsing yi or emei + drills

go home....die ???

what d'you think...am I covered??

rubthebuddha
02-28-2004, 02:17 AM
you need more reps.

:D

Kristoffer
02-28-2004, 09:18 AM
Just outta curiosity, how long are you planning to stay there? You have any job on the side? I wish I could train all day............... :(

DeathTouch
02-28-2004, 09:56 AM
yeah me too man, do you work or are u so loaded with cash you can train all day , shoot if not tell me your secret bro

SevenStar
02-28-2004, 10:39 AM
That may be a little much, depending on the distance, reps, etc. you are talking about. Be careful - you don't want to overtrain.

SevenStar
02-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by DeathTouch
yeah me too man, do you work or are u so loaded with cash you can train all day , shoot if not tell me your secret bro

not bro, sis...

blooming lotus
02-28-2004, 04:35 PM
LOL...I'm not loaded by any stretch of the imagination....I teach English to foreign as a second language...most schools provide accomodation, meals, facilities, good living, transport and enough cash to (especially in China) live prosperously and save a lil on the side.....

I did recently get offered a decent packet to model elsewhere, but as a martial artist, we sometimes make rthese sacrifices...It's a matter of priorities, and for now I wouldn't rather be anywhere else....I guess I'll be there for maybe 18mths, then I'll go either to NY to study with LIpeng or Vancouver to study TaishingPekkwar with Gm Chan....then F*ck Knows, I'm shooting for international comp level then I guess I'll either go back to temple full time or have another look at modelling or acting??

As a buddhist, detatchment to stuff is an integral part of my philosophy...once you get over yourself, and your need to "keep up with the joneses"..the rest is pretty easy...

As for over training, I don't think I understand...I spread my workout evenly over whatever my objectives are for the time, but Ideally, I'm training like up to 12hrs a day...studying something and working pt time min...occasionally let myself get away with 5- 8hrs ...I dunno,..... training in "western " mindset, where 20mins to 1hr a day is a good effort is a a totally different concept to eastern training where they work or study full time AND train like troupers for all they're worth...

mad lifestyle...wouldn't have it any other way ;) :D :D

KWUsCRD
02-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha

you need more reps.

:D

You stupid idiot, if you did your troll tags right you wouldn't be able to see them like mine.

:p

Chang Style Novice
02-28-2004, 05:56 PM
I was going to grammar and usage troll you on the difference between a regime and a regimen, but it turns out that according to Merriam Webster, a system of diet and excercise is an appropriate definition for both. Well, you learn something new every day.

KWUsCRD
02-28-2004, 07:04 PM
oops, I just realized I didn't even contribute to your thread.

I believe if you can and want to do that then there's not much to discuss. :D

It sounds good to me, I think I'd be curled up like a newborn by noon if I followed that right now, but if thats what it takes to keep yourself in shape and challenged then good luck and enjoy!

Kristoffer
02-29-2004, 01:24 AM
I'm really jealous of Blooming :D
I kinda miss China.. miss the food too

DeathTouch
02-29-2004, 11:13 AM
hey BL , my bad for callin you bro, please forgive me sis but hey congrats on the lifestyle sounds great

IronFist
02-29-2004, 01:08 PM
I think you need to add at least 17 more hours of ab work :D

Gangsterfist
02-29-2004, 05:52 PM
I was always told you should stretch for at least half the time of your work out. So if your work out is going to be 2 hours, you should stretch for an hour.

Don't know how beneficial/needed that is. I kind of stay true to it because my work outs usually last an hour, and I stretch for about 30 min before hand.

blooming lotus
02-29-2004, 11:38 PM
I don't know about stretching 1/2 as much as actual work load, but in my every day, I am always stretching..like every opportunity. :D In western countries you don't get that too much in public, but very cooly, in China EVERY BODY does that :D :D ...you go out for a break, and everyones stretching, you're on a train, and everyones stretching...I couldn't count the amount of time I spend doing it, but I rarely even sit without streching something...

...helps our bodies stay supple and flexible :p ;)

IronFist
03-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Stretching too long is bad for you. You can lose elasticity which results in lost strength. If you workout for 2 hours there's no reason to stretch for 1 hour. I'd say 10-15 minutes is probably the most you'd want to do regardless of your workout, unless you're recovering from an injury or something.

blooming lotus
03-01-2004, 02:10 AM
lol..ok...so we're back to this "i make a comment and you go all out to prove me wrong" trip......:p

...I can deal with that ....:D

Begging to differ here...Flexibilty has always...at least in the past few yrs ...been one of my strengths....I am still strong enough to get the job done....as in, execute the move I need to with as much power as is neccessary.....Martial arts isn't just about strength though, it's about an all round good execution, and if your techhnique is good enough, even if what you're saying is true, you should have that bit of strength to spare....It beats been loaded wwith a lot of muscle that you can only use 60,70,80% of...I'll take the FULL range of motion thanks;) :cool:

dodger87
03-01-2004, 08:24 AM
Cool Workout. Looking at your workout you've stopped using weihgts?

blooming lotus
03-01-2004, 02:20 PM
yah..I'm still pretty big on resistence, but just not with actual weights...I'd raher use extra body weight and slower, stronger movements...I also have an ab-doer, so I use that little bit extra resistence for things like abductor extensions and circles, can get get an awesome inner thigh workout ;)...also good light bi-tri work...My bi and tri heads are looking good at the moment, same with delts, so I'm figuring it's enough

:D cheers

Gangsterfist
03-01-2004, 02:36 PM
My sifu's wife is a balet dancer. I was told that the hard core balet dancers hold their stretches for 5 minutes each. Thats a long time to stretch, and they all have very strong legs. So I don't see how it makes you less strong. I was also told if you do this for 6 months your flexibility will increase 10 fold.

Btw, just curious, what styles of martial arts do you train BL, and how long have you trained? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Do you plan on competing? Your work out routine seems very good and definately exceeds mine.

I do 150 push ups (all various kinds working different muscle groups), a few hundred crunches and other ab works, stance training, pull ups (just got a pull up bar) and some calestenics. I usually switch it up every other day to work different muscle groups and give the other ones a rest. Once it gets a bit warmer here I will start doing some more cardio.

blooming lotus
03-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Gangsterfist
My sifu's wife is a balet dancer. I was told that the hard core balet dancers hold their stretches for 5 minutes each. Thats a long time to stretch, and they all have very strong legs. So I don't see how it makes you less strong. I was also told if you do this for 6 months your flexibility will increase 10 fold.

CAN'T ARGUE WITH THAT...I CAN HOLD MY STRETCHES JUST ABOUT INDEFINATELY..IN FACT, i DON'T KNBOW HOW OTHER FOLKS CAN'T BE BIG ON STRETCHING, AFTER WORKING HARD ITS NEARLY AS GOOD AS SEX.....MMMMM GOOD...

Btw, just curious, what styles of martial arts do you train BL, and how long have you trained? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. Do you plan on competing? Your work out routine seems very good and definately exceeds mine.

REALLY.??......CHEERS DUDE....IN THE PAST I'VE TRAINED in something or other since i was a little chick...my dad was an olympic qualifying runner so it really couldn't be helped...lol..had no choice...TRAINED IN TAE KWON DO, VARIOUS BOXING STYLES, AIKIDO, LIL WIN CHUNG STICK, NINJITSU, WRESTLING, VARIOUS TAI JIS..QIGONG, HAVE ALL MY FITNESS, NUTRITION INSTRUCTIONAL CERTS ETC..LOL...EVEN GOT OFFERED A POSITION TRAINING THE NZ ARMY RECRUITS... ..HAVE A LITTLE SHAOILN AND I DUNNO WHAT ELSE, I'M SURE THERE'S MORE...LIKE MY LIL BRO IS HUGE ON SWORD ARTS AND WE SOMETIMES SPAR AND TRADE NOTES WHEN WE;'RE IN THE SAME TOWN...OH AND DIM MAK,,,DID I MENTION THAT...IT'S GOOD BUT NOT AS GOOD AS HIS...AND IRONBODY...LOVIN THE IRON SKILLS...BUT I ALREADY SAID QIGONG RIGHT.....I HAVE NEVER COMPETED IN MA..BUT I'M PRETTY SINGLED MINDED ABOUT MY HEALTH AND PASSIONATE BEYOND DOUBT ABOUT MA..IT'S MY LIFE YA KNOW....... FEELING JUST A LITTLE CONFIDENT AT THE MOMENT ....WITH SOME GODD FURTHER INSTRUCTION AND UNDISTRACTED TRAINING, THERE'S NO REASON WHY I WONT ACHIEVE MY GOAL... .

.I'M ABOUT TO PICK UP SOME HSING YI AND EMEI OUT AT SHAOLIN, THEN TAISHINGPEKKWAR (MONKEY STLYINGS FROM HONGKONG) IN VANCOUVER...I GUESS THEN OR EVEN BEFORE I'LL ROUND IT OUT WITH LIPENG (WHO I CAN'T SPEAK HIGHER OF) IN NY..I'M SHOOTING FOR 2008 CLIMAX BUT I GUESS TO QUALIFY I'LL HAVE TO PRESENT AT COMPS OCCASSIONALLY ALONG THE WAY...ONCE IT GETS CLOSER TO SERIOUS COMP TIME THOUGH , I'LL GUESS I'LL STEP IT UP A FEW NOTCHES...ALL GOOD ...JUST LIFE...

I do 150 push ups (all various kinds working different muscle groups), a few hundred crunches and other ab works, stance training, pull ups (just got a pull up bar) and some calestenics. I usually switch it up every other day to work different muscle groups and give the other ones a rest. Once it gets a bit warmer here I will start doing some more cardio.

sounds like you have yourself a good plan....good luck with your gong ;) :D

Gangsterfist
03-01-2004, 03:41 PM
well good luck in your training as well. Right now I train in yip man wing chun and in yang taiji. After I get a few more years under my belt of taiji and WC, I think I might get into choy lay fut kung fu. Taiji is a hard martial art to master, so I take it with great patience where wing chun is designed to train the body to fight in a shorter period of time.

I also practice qigong. Luckily for me my sigung is here in town and knows a lot about qigong. I just recently went to a seminar of his on qigong, and hopefully I will get more from him in the future. Feeling the yin and yang energies is a trip, and also very spiritual in a way. However, I am not that religious of a man, so some people get different things from it.

I am still out of shape lol and need to get in the habbit of having a better diet. I am sure beer does not help me at all. But then again, one thing at a time right.

IronFist
03-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
lol..ok...so we're back to this "i make a comment and you go all out to prove me wrong" trip......:p

...I can deal with that ....:D

I'm glad you can deal with it, cuz I was pretty much agreeing with you in the "not stretching for 1/2 the time of your workout" point.

Anyway, if a lot of stretching works for you, that's awesome. I just meant that as far as optimal strength goes, there is such a thing as too much stretching.

blooming lotus
03-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Iron, dude...you and ford are on the same boat here...your priority is in th gym and alot of us have ours elsewhere....

I do not even half doubt your phisology and body science perspective...and if yu're prepared to comprimise a lil every now then, I sincerely believe with both schools of training together, you should both turn your selves into crazy competitive martial artists...you just gotta be prepared to step down a lil sometimes and you never know what you're gonna pick up..you can put it all together later...

you feeling that?:cool: ;)

Gangsterfist..that qigong seminar sounds very cool..I'm sure you got alot out of it...I'm not OTT religious myself, but I am firm in my convictions...funny how it sonmetimes comes off that way, but if committed is religiously devoted..slap me twice and call me buddhist ;) :D