PDA

View Full Version : zheng gu shui vs. dit da jow

wuwei
06-07-2001, 09:41 PM
In everyones opinion which product is better for bruises? joint pain? sore muscles?

What is dit da jow in MAndarin?
thanks!

Losttrak
06-07-2001, 09:58 PM
Maybe it means Zheng Gu Shui? =p Anyways, I have never used ZGS, but I know my sifu always has some around. Only endorsement I need.

walkthecircle
06-08-2001, 02:27 PM
watch out for joint pain.

could be many things that cause it.

some old chinese mixtures just hide the symptoms and after a few years you'll be stuck with an acute problem.

Retired Taoist
06-14-2001, 06:56 AM
zheng gu shui = dit da jow, the first being the Pinyin transcription of the Madarin. Still, there are more than one recipes for Dit da jow/Zheng gu sui.

Dim Dam Doum

WongFeHung
06-18-2001, 08:11 AM
zheng gu shuie is NOT Tiet Da Jow and it is certainly not the translation of the other. Jeng guat soi, is the translation of zheng gu shui and it means heal bone water, it is a hot linement containing menthol and camphor, and other herbs and is used to restore local circulation, primaraly for fractures, but tiet da jow is used to break up stagnation of blood and lymph,dissolve clots,increase circulation,used mainly for bruises and contusions, and sprains.

JE
06-18-2001, 06:15 PM
Zheng Gu Shui can be translated as Rectify Bone Water. It is a formula that says it is designed for treating broken bones. If you look at the ingredients, however, you will see it is lacking in herbs that are traditionally used for mending broken bones. It is quite warming and creates a strong sensation on the skin due to the high percentage of menthol (cool) and camphor (warm). The irritative nature of the formula stimulates the Wei Qi (defensive qi) which will help to clear bruising and promote healing.

Dit Da Jow (Cantonese) is Die Da Jiu in Mandarin. It is often translated as Iron Hit Wine or Fall and Hit Wine. Fall and Hit is more acurate as doctors of this branch of medicine are known as Fall and Hit Doctors. The Iron part comes from it's association with Iron Palm Training.

As for which formula is better that would depend on your formulas... Die Da Jiu is a generic name and there are thousands of formulas. To know if your formula is better or worse than Zheng Gu Shui would require knowing the ingredients and production methods of both.

Regards,

Justin