PDA

View Full Version : Mantis Method of Pressure Point Striking

Vash
02-29-2004, 10:38 AM
I know zilch about mantis, except for what I've seen in Thundering Mantis (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6305310807/002-1774975-4933653?v=glance)
My question: is pressure point striking/manipulation considered an important aspect of Mantis training?

Mantidland
02-29-2004, 11:10 AM
The Dolemite collection.,,,,,Amazing.

Vash
02-29-2004, 11:17 AM
There are many more in that pimptacular collection.

Chinwoo-er
02-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Vash, if you look at the basic "8 places the strike & 8 places not to strike", it seems that that particular poem shows the basic idea of pressure point striking. While there are plenty of pressure point striking knowledge involved in mantis, I personally don't see the need to be THAT lethal. Common mantis hands are bad enough as they are

Vash
02-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Chinwoo-er
Vash, if you look at the basic "8 places the strike & 8 places not to strike", it seems that that particular poem shows the basic idea of pressure point striking. While there are plenty of pressure point striking knowledge involved in mantis, I personally don't see the need to be THAT lethal. Common mantis hands are bad enough as they are

Thanks for the reference. I'll take a look at the poem.

As for the level of lethality pressure points bring, I think it'd be good to at least have a basic working knowledge of where stuff is gonna do a decent amount of damage. I'm rather interested in pressure point striking/seizing because of my karate studies, and the obvious importance of vital points in said art.