PDA

View Full Version : Tendonitis of the hand,,, Please Help

ghoyd
06-11-2001, 07:00 AM
I have been diagnosed with a case of tendonitis. The problem started about nine months ago, but I have been going to the doctor for 6 weeks. They put me in a splint, and are giving me naproxen (an anti-inflamatory). They are also giving me iontopheresis, where they use electrically charged ions to put medicine in the area. It seems nothing is working. I teach martial arts, so this is really effecting me!

I have pain in the big tendon that runs from my thumb up the side of my wrist. Also, if I push back -towards the elbow, on my first three fingers (where they meet the palm), I have pain deep in my wrist.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I would certainly appreciate them.

Gary Hoyd
http://www.geocities.com/ghoyd/
MIDWESTERN JUN FAN FIGHTING ALLIANCE

honorisc
06-11-2001, 06:05 PM
If you came to my neck of the woods I could d Hands-Over, that should help at least temporarilly or some with the pain to be less there. I can try it with you whee ever you are and me where ever I am. I would start with making the pain less there. Then I would work~ on making it not bad. 11|37a.m. Eastern time.~. Please let me know if it hurts worse.

...Or-ish tuck your thumb into your palm, make a Vee (two fingers spread)make clockwise circles with the fingerprint part of those fingers(touching the flat surface, not pressing against it). Extend and contract the shoulder to get the forward, backward movement. Use the shoulder to get the left right motion. Keep the circles while breaking contact with the flat surface. extend the elbow untl it is straightish. Just before straightdip , leading with the middle finger, three o'clock to six o'clock to midnight(12 o'clock); when your middle finger is at noon and you can see the back of your handrotate it so that your thumdb points to youthen your thumb points to the cielingand your palm faces you with middlefinger begin the final run around the clock at the three o'clock I mentioned.:-)

Very some such,perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

walkthecircle
06-11-2001, 06:46 PM
That's a very serious problem that needs to be handled by a western/eastern medical professional...taking bogus/mis informed information via the net could land you in the operating room.

Asian body work therapy can help greatly but must be done frequently.

I've helped a few people w/tendonitus with shiatsu.

(again choose your therapist well...many low level people out there claiming to do asian body work.)

â€*

Gold Horse Dragon
06-13-2001, 09:51 PM
Chinese acupuncture combined with Tui Na (Chinese massage and acupressure) works very well for tendonitis...you will need to find a qualified person in your area. It is important to treat ASAP to prevent more adhesions.
GHD

honorisc
09-17-2001, 05:06 AM
How's it going for you?..with your tendonitis as of recently.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

origenx
09-18-2001, 01:49 PM
Often, pinched nerves in the spine get misdiagnosed as carpal-tunnel syndrome, according to my chiroprator. Particularly, those at the base of the neck caused by a hunched posture from sitting in front of the computer all day.

If this is your problem, then in the short term you can do yogic "arm flings" to alleviate the tension - bend you arms so your hands touch your shoulders (palms down, fingers pointing straight back), then fling your arms straight out forward with fists closed (but don't hyper your elbows) and then fling your hands open. That's real simple and seems to work good. In the long run, work on straightening your posture.

For professional treatment - my friend had real bad tendonitis in his elbow also. Western doctors could only offer to cut the tendon! So he went to a well-reputed acupuncturist in the area and had it basically fixed in one treatment! He had needles up in his ear down his arm - and said he could feel the heat go straight down! He's a believer now.

bodhidharma90
09-23-2001, 07:02 PM
I am a Shiatsu therapist, and a Qigong instructor.
Many of my patients have experienced tendonitis once in their life, and all of them say that shiatzu worked very well, and also moxibustion.
I have researched that this kind of disease can be cured effectively with shiatsu and Qigong.
Please, try to get a good shiatsu therapist, and be patient, because it takes some time to be cured completely. may be a few months.
Thanks.

Repulsive Monkey
09-24-2001, 12:58 PM
Problems with tendons usually denotes a Liver disharmony. Possibly Liver Qi Stagnation.