PDA

View Full Version : Are they one and the same?

SifuX-HSK
03-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Loong Gee Choy = Jeong Hung Sing
Are they one and the same?

Lets think outside the box for a moment. I've been sitting on this one for a good minute. I'm talking about the possibility that loong gee choy and jeong yim being one and the same person.

lets compare both the chan and hung sing versions of these two people. the chan family claims according to their records that chan had 18 original students, all of them with the name of chan except for one.

the only one without the last name of chan was loong gee choy, he was the only outsider within the chan village.

according to the records of the hung sing branch, jeong yim was the only outsider at that time.
all 3 branches agree that jeong yim arrived when he was 12 years old.

lets take a look at this and see if there is a good chance they are one and the same.

LOONG GEE CHOY:
1) was the only outsider in chan heungs original students.
2) was the "eldest" of chan's students.
3) Not much is known about his past.
4) No known Photo, or sketchings.
5) No traceable lineage of students
6) Went to Singapore, Hong Kong, Quangxi, and Fut San.
7) helped out chan koon pak.

JEONG YIM

1) was not let in at first for being an outsider.
2) No known photo
3) Not much is known about his previous background.
4) Was with chan heung prior to the establishing of choy lee fut.
5) According to chan records went with chan heung to-Singapore, Hong Kong, Quangxi, and Fut San.
6) in 1839, jeong yim opened the fut san hung sing kwoon.
7) According to hung sing elders, it was jeong yim who taught chan koon pak.

Lets face it, according to both families, loong gee choy and jeong yim were both outsiders. not much of the personal histories are known. they both were the eldest students of chan heung. they both travelled to the same places such as singapore, hong kong, quangxi, and fut san to open schools. and neither of them have known phot's or sketchings.

aside from loong gee choy having no traceable lineage of students, everything else is basically identical between the two.

the signs the they may be one and the same are clearly obvious, alittle too much to be just a coincidence.

i know this one won't go away without a fight. but seriously i feel it is worth checking out.

i mean if you know china's history, it was common for someone running from capture by the manchu, you will know that most people had more than one name. chan ngau sing, dr sun yat sen, etc. it was a matter of life and death in those days. so disguising yourself was the only way to go.

so let's go!!!!!!!

sifuX-HSK

Fu-Pow
03-01-2004, 12:19 PM
What are the implications if

Lung Gee Choy=Jeong Yim?

SifuX-HSK
03-01-2004, 12:45 PM
what are the implications if they are one and the same?

you figure it out.

but our boy joseph just strengthened my view by repeating what some chan guy said about loong gee choy teaching clf to lau buns master yuen hai.

it is well known that yuen hai may have come from vietnam. his name is possibly nguyen (win) hai. it is well known that yuen hai was jeong yims student. he never learned from chan heung.
why would a chan man ever try to tell us about our own history.

there is a story about yuen hai and his students helping our fong fu shu's people in a jam. yuen hai came to fong yu shu's rescue.

if loong gee choy and jeong yim are one and the same person, then what's next you should wait to see.

frank

Serpent
03-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Jeong Yim taught Chan Koon Pak, Chan Heung's own son!? What, was Chan Heung doing the washing up at the time or something?

SifuX-HSK
03-08-2004, 12:05 PM
:D ;) :D

:eek: oh **** i think they actually are one and the same!!!!!!