PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Frank

Fu-Pow
03-01-2004, 12:48 PM
FirstlyFrank,

Its getting kind of old how you always frame things as a thinly veiled question to which you already have the answer.

There's a name for this kind of thing....it's called TROLLING!

If you want to say something then just say it. Don't ask a question unless you want to actually have a dialogue with another person.

Secondly,

In another thread you called me and I quote "fu pow you lame ass limbo bound clf monkey" and "i understand you have no real lineage to hold on to so you hold on to the chan side of things."

I'm not sure if you realize it but your second comment is highly offensive not only to me but to my Sifu, my classmates and anyone else that was a student of Lee Koon Hung.

Because we all share the same lineage....which is part Jeong Yim and part Chan Family. We align ourselves with the Jeong Yim side of things but make no mistake that our lineage is very mixed up.

And, BTW, because our forms and training draw from both sources and have for a very long time, we have the best of the best. Where as by limiting yourself to one side of the equation you'll never be nearly as good as us.

SifuX-HSK
03-01-2004, 12:57 PM
lets's get something straight.

i will never disrespect lee koon hung for he himself is a known hung sing supporter.

as long as you have been on this forum, all the hung sing and buk sing students have questioned your loyalty.

you tell me.....was lee koon hung a hung sing man, or a chan family man?

you yourself are a chan family supporter with no desire to dig up the hung sing history.

unlike you, i will keep talking until proven wrong. i d my research, talk to who i need to talk to and then present my findings.

you are a punk. i will not hide that feeling from you.

frank

SifuX-HSK
03-01-2004, 01:07 PM
you said the best of the best, and as good as who?

are you as good as me?

what are you talking about? forms aren't how you base you ablitlities are they?

who said you are the best. or that lee koon hung's school is the best? why are you making that assumption?

frank

Fu-Pow
03-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Was LKH a Hung Sing man or Chan Family man?

Well to tell you the truth.....publicly he aligned himself with the Hung Sing side but he was either partially ignorant or intentionally obscured the truth about the other influence on our forms and training.

But pay attention here Frank,

LKH is considered a great man because he was open minded. Much like Chan Heung he took the best that he learned from many skilled martial artists and consolidated it into a unified and workable art. This included many people in the CLF community as well as outside it including Shek Kin for one.

He was unifier. He brought people together. His goal was not to divide them apart.

He was a great promoter of his style. He had not only the skills but the flare and showmanship to draw people to the style. He held widely attended tournaments, published books and generally worked to make CLF well known.

You could learn from his example Frank. Rather than make everything a "either/or", "black/white" and "our side/their side" argument. What have you or your school done to promote CLF outside of your precious little Futsan Hung Sing circle?

Fu-Pow
03-01-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by SifuX-HSK
you said the best of the best, and as good as who?

are you as good as me?

what are you talking about? forms aren't how you base you ablitlities are they?

who said you are the best. or that lee koon hung's school is the best? why are you making that assumption?

frank

Forms, fighting, attitude, lion dance...you name it...we are the best....in the US at least.

SifuX-HSK
03-01-2004, 01:24 PM
do you realize i have 5 different books in project? they are all on choy lee fut!

do you know what i am doing when i am not on this forum?

lau bun is of the hung sing branch. the hung sing school all the way back to fut san feel we are the true founders of clf.

you are a chan family supporter, blinded by the chan growing number of forms, the sway of their claiming lineage holdings.

you are a lost little sheep.

you need to find your way. you do sound a little like doc fai wong.
go ahead and jump ships. i don't care.

let me ask you something? in the real kung fu world, what is the opinion of someone who jumps ship, and learns all types of styles at once?

frank

SifuX-HSK
03-01-2004, 01:26 PM
forms, fighting, and the rest, huh?

i bet you you would lose to me, though. in fighting, forms, weapons.

YOU are not that good!!!!!!

you are kinda soft.

frank

SifuX-HSK
03-01-2004, 01:32 PM
fu pow

you ask what we are doing to promote choy lee fut?

why dont you ask my sifu?

what are you doing to promote the hung sing branch?

your sifu is of the hung sing branch, so why have you strayed from his beliefs and went over to the chan side? the number of forms? the lineage claims?

what will you do when the chan side of things fall apart?

we are doing more than you know.

i am doing far more than you know.

you survive on the forum, and complain when i get more recognition than your boring posts.

check yourself fu pow.

out of respect for lee koon hung i will not say anything further.
i will not be drawn out to insult your late grandmaster.

keep on talking **** on how great you and your school is, i will stop biting my tongue and set the record straight from my point of view.

frank

Fu-Pow
03-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Enough tongue wagger.....you know who you remind me of that dude on Lord of Rings.....the Wormtongue guy who whispers poisonous thoughts into everyone's ears.

Only your not as smooth as him....cause when you get called out you blow your top.

SifuX-HSK
03-01-2004, 01:56 PM
tops are never blown, just your cover !

themeecer
03-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Hahaha ...... hahahahahahaha .... *gasp* .... hahahahahaha

I love it.

Pork Chop
03-01-2004, 04:52 PM
Best in the country in lion huh?

yah....

:rolleyes:

Je Lei Sifu
03-02-2004, 01:58 AM
BMore Banga,

Cut that out, I know who you are.

Jerry Battle.:D

Pork Chop
03-02-2004, 07:02 AM
hey man gimme a break, them's usually fightin words. :D

'sides, even if he means "just in the clf family"; our other "farn gwut" friend (uncle ping) may have some personal stake, in addition to "his Overlord-ness". ;)

point taken tho... I'll keep my mouth shut... 'sides my head snappin days are over.... ooohhhhh those were the days... :p

SifuX-HSK
03-02-2004, 01:11 PM
man,

i think that was a pretty bold statement you made that your school is the best in all those categories.

well, as far as i know, yau kung mun and the white crane schools here is sf are world champions in lion dancing.

i thought the white crane school might like to see what you said and they said they will be getting in contact with you soon.
oh, i hope no one from ykm is on this forum. they may take that as an insult.

ya know, the last time the white crane and ykm clashed some people ended up hurt and even stabbed. if i were you i would take that comment back before its too late.

so you also claim that your school is the best in fighting. so your people have beaten buk sings shane lacey, then?!

i'd hate for shane lacey to hear what you just said.

i hope sifu mak doesn't find out about this.

frank

Fu-Pow
03-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Gosh yeah Frank, I hope my Sifu doesn't find out that I was touting his school as the best. What's he gonna think...that I have massive pride for my school??!!!! Gosh that would be awful. Your thinly veiled threats and accusation roll off me like water off a ducks back. And BTW nice try, trying to get me to bad mouth other schools. God...you're such a chump. Do you have like 80 IQ points?

SifuX-HSK
03-02-2004, 01:40 PM
no not 80 iq points, 81.5, sucka!

get it straight.

but at least i didn't put my foot in it and **** off a whole bunch of world champ schools.

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...............

i hope you washed your toes first before you inserted them.

take care buddy,

frank

oh do let us know what the white crane schools have said to your sifu for us okay?

CLFNole
03-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Fu-Pow:

As much as the two of you might not get along kung fu is supposed to teach us to be humble even when provoked. We all have pride in our sifu's and schools but we must try to keep an even temper and refrain from boastful statements as it can only get oneself in trouble. Remember there is always someone out there better than us: be it fighting, forms or lion dance.

Frank (I posted this on another thread and don't think you read it):

I respect your intentions, although sometimes you come off a bit harsh you live and die CLF.

Personally I choose to stay out of the politics and care more about my own kung fu and the betterment of it. I never try to use my father-in-law's name for the sake of reputation or anything, I prefer to keep a low pro and practise hard.

The only problem I have with the Jeong Yim history is that things seem to change. A long time ago you posted about Chan Hueng and Jeong Yim creating the 8 initial CLF sets (tai, ping, tien, kwok, etc...) Recently you said that Ping Kuen, Sup Gee Kow Dah and another were created by Chan Ngau Sing from a form called In and Out Baat Kwa that was taught to Jeong Yim from Ching Cho War Sherng.

History needs to be more consistent. That being said just becuase Chan Yiu Chi wrote his version history down on paper doesn't make it the end all truth either. I mean he was the grandson of Chan Hueng and how much do you or I know about the lives of our grandfathers with 100% certainty.

History is great and fun to talk about but none of us were there and there is no one left alive who was there either and therefore nothing is 100% certain and is subject to speculation. I think if people in general were more about promoting CLF and less about promoting themselves or their lineage we would be much better off as a style. Look at the problems hung gar and wing chun have had and for what, who followed Lam Sai Wing, who followed Lam Jo, which wing chun sifu was better, its all pointless and has no bearing on an individuals kung fu.

I look at kung fu like this: I have been practicing dilligently for over 10 years and my kung fu is at a fairly good level. But there is always someone better so that always motivates me to improve and work harder. If I don't get good practice in during the week and just teach I get quite grumpy becuase I do kung fu for me. I like to teach and try to help others but bottom line is kung fu is for me.

Anyway I have been rambling to long and kind of went off on a tangent.

Peace.

CLFNole
03-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Also please try to keep Lee Koon Hung's name out of the arguement as both of you don't actually know a lot about his beliefs regarding this issue. As far as being a Chan Man or Jeong Yim Man, there are things that don't need to be stated on an open forum that might suprise you, however it does not relate to your arguement.

Peace.

SifuX-HSK
03-02-2004, 02:03 PM
clf nole:

yes i am a die hard hs clf man. i won't deny it. but i have done my research, and since i have been to fut san and saw their records i am more sure now that our branch holds all the chips.

yeah i come on strong. yet, i am mostly alone here fighting off an army of people. lets face it, the chan side will go down fighting about their history, but so will the hung sing people.

yes i said that there were said to be 8 original forms. but the more i keep doing my research i am learning more and more new things.

the one thing i am sure of is that the chan family is working hard at trying to convince the world of their story. and that's all i have a problem with. i have never said anything bad about anyone's clf. i am just particular to lau bun's clf, his methods, his mindset, his approach. plus it doesn't hurt to have a sifu who has been down in the trenches using clf in real life combat on the streets.

come on, first every single chan family man on earth fought the green grass monk idea, but for them to fold and try to shift the green grass monk over to their side by claiming he was actually monk choy fook. that was where they went wrong.

now the hung sing people see that as an opportunity to tell the world that the chan family doesn't have the true history.

i do agree, that the development of your personal gung fu is paramount. i work on that every day. i am a clf man to the bone.
if anyone told me my clf is wrong they would have to prove it to me first in combat, and i mean not in the ring, either!

clfnole, it is hard to stand my position and believe what i believe while i see hung sing members out here afraid to speak up. if you truly do the research and put aside the chan family records for a second, one may understand what i mean.

there is far more to clf than what was written by chan yiu chi.
if not then why does their story stop at chan heung?

***the history of choy lee fut was never truly recorded as it happened. there are no documents available dating back to the early 1800's. they claim to have proof because someone in their brnch wrote the history according to the chan clan.

so if that history is true, then why does the hung sing and buk sing branch resist what the chan clan claims? aren't we all supposed to be part of the same lineage? so why are there 4 families in the choy lee fut family? the 4th being strong winning founded by chan koon pak.

now look at this loong gee choy question. it makes sense when you look at it and understand the time in china back then.

sorry to those i offend with my harshness, but i am a hung sing soldier. i know my history. so if i am wrong, then prove me so beyond the shadow of a doubt. make me believe chan clan history. until then, i'll keep up the fight to promote the fut san hung sing kwoon history.

frank

SifuX-HSK
03-02-2004, 02:11 PM
for your own sense of relief.......

i know much about the drama going on within. i have been told by people that truly know but will remain nameless.

i have been told by them that lkh was a fierce supporter of the hsk.

but my sifu did train me right, regardless of the massive opinion of the chan clan. i have not or will not discuss openly here nor is it my place to hold any judgement.

i have held my tongue for a long time on what i know. but will never disrespect an elder such as lee koon hung.

but i do apologize for any insinuations, though!

frank

CLFNole
03-02-2004, 02:22 PM
Frank:

I am all for the true Hung Sing story if the truth is really out there (like Mulder would say). However the Chan people saying the Green Grass Monk was actually Choy Fook is no different than your clain the Lung Chi Choy was Cheong Yim.

This is my whole point about history we can all argue til the cows come home and never resolve anything. Is it all worth it?

You always post to people "what do you do for CLF?" To me what one does for CLF is not about correcting or changing history or writting books. Its about taking students and teaching them "mo duk". Teaching them to be humble and good people. Holding true to the teachings of the sifu and maintaining the good name of CLF. If we all hold true to our sifu's teachings and good ideals than CLF will be the better for it. That is doing something good for CLF. All this arguing and bickering over who taught who and what not only weakens our strenght as a group.

All branches have great things to offer each other and this is what should be remembered.

One thing you stated before about doing your research got me thinking on something. Do you really think that the current Fut San school is truly accurate on its history. I mean it was only reestablished recently through help by the government. Without mentioning names, one need not dig to deep to also know who is really behind the scenes there handling the teaching & instructors.

Anyhow, we would all do well to work together rather than always fight. The hung gar folks are working together now, why not us?

Peace.

CLFNole
03-02-2004, 02:25 PM
If you are referring to Poon Sing, his story has even changed over the years. I met him back in 1997 and when I spoke with him about history and lineage it was quite different from what i think you believe.

If you want to PM me I would explain more.

Peace.

Fu-Pow
03-02-2004, 03:13 PM
CLFNole-

You are right we should not be discussing LKH and what he may or may not have thought. I don't really know for sure what his stance was. But we do know that we have influence from both sides. For Frank to criticize me as being a Chan Family supporter is to criticize all of LKH's students as Chan Family supporters. The fact that I don't edit the true history makes me a supporter? Whatever.

As for the being humble, I won't. I believe in myself, my school and my Sifu. Until someone proves me otherwise I will say we are the best and put my money where my mouth is. That's my attitude and I'm sticking too it. And Frank, I didn't a flying f*** if some White Crane school calls my Sifu. He's gonna laugh in their face just like he did to anyone else that tried to start trouble for me. He doesn't buy into this crap like you do.

For the record here's my official position in terms of the Hung Sing/Chan Family debate:

I really think the Jeong Hung Sing side of things is incomplete. I think the Bak Sing side is even more incomplete. Because of the nature of CLF and the purpose it was created for it was desseminated all around Southern China in a not very orderly fashion. Things were lost and modified along the way. Don't get me wrong, Hung Sing/Bak Sing have produced good fighters based on the limited range of techniques that they do have. But the Chan Family has the whole system, the Chi Gung, Dummies, Animal Forms, Baat Gwa Sets, Push Hands,etc. They have a whole unified "system" of training.

Hung Sing/Bak Sing have filled in the holes in their systems with a patchwork of other forms from various sources. (And in some cases a whole lot of B.S. rhetoric and posturing). That's why there is such a patchwork of different forms and 20 versions of the history (outside of the Chan Family).

I'm not a Chan Family "supporter" but I definitely think that I could learn something from them by learning some aspects of their system (ie animal forms, baat gwa forms, Chi Gung). It might shed some light on things that I'm already training and take it to the next level. My aim is primarily selfish, I want to improve my own kung fu.

I talked to a guy (who will remain nameless) who trained for a long time with my Sifu in Hawaii. He said the LKH CLF forms fit "very nicely" with the Chan Family stuff. So I don't think it would be too much of stretch to learn it. I even asked my Sifu if I could train with this guy and learn the Chi Gung sets. He had no problem with that. Unfortunately, I screwed up on the date and missed the seminar for the Siu Lohan set.

I guess I'm a traitor to Hung Sing also because I train Chen Taiji. My Chen Taiji has improved my CLF immeasurably. But...wait...wouldn't Frank be a traitor to Hung Sing too....because he trained some stick fighting?

Jamesbond_007
03-02-2004, 04:09 PM
CLFNole:

I never try to use my father-in-law's name for the sake of reputation or anything

Is your father-in-law LKH?

CLFNole
03-02-2004, 05:48 PM
Fu-Pow:

As far as "buying into this crap", no I don't people on the other side of a computer shouldn't scare anyone and to be honest some take this stuff to seriously.

When Seng Au told you that our sets fit nicely thats because most (if not all) of our CLF is from their side.

But can you honestly tell me that you believe Chan Hueng created 180 forms, weapons, internal sets and 18 dummies. Must have had a hell of a lot of time on his hands. Forms had to have been added over the years. So if Hung Sing and Buk Sing added forms is it any different.

I have heard few CLF sifus say that learning the internal sets is essential, however if someone has them and another doesn't its easy to say that the other is lacking the "complete" system. Our style was designed for fighting, 1st and foremost. When my sihingdai visted with Shek Kin he was telling them that in the begining many styles didn't have forms at all. Rather just combinations such as chin lahn poon kiu chop choy, etc... He went on to say the many forms were created to entertain the emperor. Why would yo need forms during the 1800s anyway, its not like there were tournaments and trophies given out. I also believe that forms are more of a modern phenomenon.

Oh and by the way about being the best at lion dancing, unless you are doing the crazy stuff up on the high poles like YKM and Bak Hok you might want to take that one back. The best lion dancing is in Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong. I got a recent VCD from a competition and Singapore and it was freakin crazy.

007:

You read between the lines well.

Peace.

Fu-Pow
03-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by CLFNole
Fu-Pow:

But can you honestly tell me that you believe Chan Hueng created 180 forms, weapons, internal sets and 18 dummies. Must have had a hell of a lot of time on his hands. Forms had to have been added over the years. So if Hung Sing and Buk Sing added forms is it any different.

FP: Maybe not all of them but many of them. Especially the handsets. If you added up all the handsets it wouldn't be 180 forms. Probably more like 40 or 50.

I have heard few CLF sifus say that learning the internal sets is essential, however if someone has them and another doesn't its easy to say that the other is lacking the "complete" system.

FP: Well from my perspective the internal aspects are very important. Maybe it's because I also study Chen Taiji. The subtle movements of the spine, torso, hips and shoulders are very important to the overall way that you move. In addition, how you breath, your "intent" and your overall mindset are hugely important. These component are what I consider to be "internal." Maybe the Chan Family Internal sets are more meditative/medical and aren't as integral to the fighting aspects as they are in Taiji. However, most style of Kung Fu have this internal training so why wouldn't CLF? A lot of the Hung Sing guys do Taiji also. Why? Maybe they are feeling that their art is missing this more meditative/subtle component.

Our style was designed for fighting, 1st and foremost. When my sihingdai visted with Shek Kin he was telling them that in the begining many styles didn't have forms at all. Rather just combinations such as chin lahn poon kiu chop choy, etc... He went on to say the many forms were created to entertain the emperor.

FP: Well, I doubt that the CLF guys were entertaining the emperor if you catch my drift.

Why would yo need forms during the 1800s anyway, its not like there were tournaments and trophies given out. I also believe that forms are more of a modern phenomenon.

FP: I don't think that's necessarily true. Forms were a convenient way to transmit information to the next generation. When you had a group of people that were largely illiterate it was probably the best way to pass info on.

Oh and by the way about being the best at lion dancing, unless you are doing the crazy stuff up on the high poles like YKM and Bak Hok you might want to take that one back. The best lion dancing is in Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong. I got a recent VCD from a competition and Singapore and it was freakin crazy.

FP: You should note, however, that that type of lion dancing is not traditional Southern Lion. It is using the Southern Lion in a Northern Lion type of way. As far as traditional my Sifu is still King. BTW, he has been invited to judge many of those "high flying" competitions.

Peace.

CLFNole
03-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Fu-Pow:

As far as the internal sets go, I think that hei gung/chi kung exercises are good. However as far as sets go so-called internal and external are two different ways to the same end result.

External starts hard and develops soft, whereas internal starts soft and gets hard. If you learn to develop your CLF correctly you will learn to develop "internal power" through proper movement, etc... I think the chi kung exercises are good for breathing but I don't think doing CLF slowly will necessarily make you better.

About the lion thing, the old style is nice but it has died out somewhat. I mean jumping onto the legs or jumping straight to the shoulders is kind of basic. The new styles are very exciting to watch and very difficult to do. I do prefer the older style of drumming, however the new style fits the manner the new lions move. Also the new lion style looks more alive to me than the old style. As far as kung fu I am very traditional and like the old ways, however I really enjoy to watch the new lion style. My sisuk Li Siu Hung has his guys doing the poles now and at Chinese New Year it was really cool to watch.

Peace.

Pork Chop
03-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Wasn't the Freestyle comp in San Fran supposed to be the only traditional lion competition?

It would be a good thing for traditional lion dancing, especially on the west coast, if it turned out to be true.

On the east coast you just have to go to any big city's chinatown on chinese new year's to see who's the best in that big city's region.

Just make sure you don't go there with a lion saying you're the best in the states, coz you'll be expected to prove it, and I don't know if having your lion ripped in half is worth it.

I imagine if that traditional lion competition is legit on the west coast, than the White Crane and Yau Kung Mun schools will strut their stuff there as well.

Does anybody in Hong Kong know that your sifu's calling himself the "king of lion in hong kong"?

Fu-Pow
03-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by CLFNole
Fu-Pow:

As far as the internal sets go, I think that hei gung/chi kung exercises are good. However as far as sets go so-called internal and external are two different ways to the same end result.

External starts hard and develops soft, whereas internal starts soft and gets hard. If you learn to develop your CLF correctly you will learn to develop "internal power" through proper movement, etc... I think the chi kung exercises are good for breathing but I don't think doing CLF slowly will necessarily make you better.

FP: Maybe we are saying the same thing, but from my experience its not quite so simple. When you first start practing MA's you are sloppy and uncoordinated. Slowly, through the external movement you learn to relax. Your movement does become "softer" especially in the limbs. That is because the movement shifts from the outside to the inside. The torso, shoulder, hips and breathing become much more important to your overall movment. Eventually, you become so "soft" that you become "hard" again. That is because everything is so well coordinated, like a well lubricated machine that you can issue massive force with seemingly little muscular effort. You can be seemingly soft (like a steel thread wrapped in cotton) or seemingly hard (like a stiff iron rod.) If you have excercises that are designed to magnify your inefficiencies and work on this internal coordination (ie hei gung) then this process will progress faster. But you are right that the end goal is the same.

About the lion thing, the old style is nice but it has died out somewhat. I mean jumping onto the legs or jumping straight to the shoulders is kind of basic. The new styles are very exciting to watch and very difficult to do. I do prefer the older style of drumming, however the new style fits the manner the new lions move. Also the new lion style looks more alive to me than the old style. As far as kung fu I am very traditional and like the old ways, however I really enjoy to watch the new lion style. My sisuk Li Siu Hung has his guys doing the poles now and at Chinese New Year it was really cool to watch.

FP: Not to discredit those guys or the difficulty of what they do. But they ARE doing Southern Lion in a more acrobatic Northern way. That's cool but you can't really compare that with the Southern Lion where the goal is more to make the audience believe that the Lion is actually alive. In this respect my Sifu is the King. The best. I've never seen better. And for the record he was called that when he lived in Hong Kong. I don't believe he gave that title to himself!!

Peace.

hasayfu
03-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Fu-pow,

I have never seen your sifu so I have no comment but CLFNoble speaks wise words. As Lam Sai Wing wrote, "Even Mt. Tai San looks up to the clouds"

In regards to tradtional vs. Modern liondance. Each has their own aspects. Most of the winning schools that win international competions have traditional teams. Even the "Jong" competitions are emphasizing more animation.

I've been to Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong and seen the teams there. Traditional is alive and well but has evolved.

I was also a judge at the West Coast competion. The DVD is out. I highly recommend it. http://www.lion-dancing.com/product.asp?itemid=9

Take a look at the trailer on the home page http://www.lion-dancing.com/nfldc/home.html I'd like to see traditional lion dance head this direction. BTW, Yau Kung Moon won this comp.

CLF Noble, is your si-sook doing the traditional fat san lion dance and keeping the "old" drumming? Just curious. I see too many teams now opting for the Hok San style of lion and drum. Great if that's your roots but these are traditional Fat San based systems like Hung Gar and CLF. The worse are the teams that opt the HS drum but use a FS head.

I think I'll start a new thread since this is really off topic here.

Knifefighter
03-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Arguing about lineage...
Who's history is more accurate...
Who created which forms...
How many forms they created...
Who is the best lion dancer...

I think this thread is a perfect example of why so many kung fu guys can't fight.

CLFNole
03-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Fu-Pow

Your mailbox is full.

Serpent
03-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Knifefighter
Arguing about lineage...
Who's history is more accurate...
Who created which forms...
How many forms they created...
Who is the best lion dancer...

I think this thread is a perfect example of why so many kung fu guys can't fight.

Actually, this sort of stuff makes us better fighters, but you wouldn't understand because you prefer hours of sportified dry humping.

What? Generalisations? Surely not....

:rolleyes:

extrajoseph
03-04-2004, 01:13 AM
Hi Serpent,

What is "sportified dry humping"?

JX

Mika
03-04-2004, 01:37 AM
JoeX, I think he refers to BJJ and the sort.

Knifefighter has a certain image here - which is testified to by our private correspondence - so maybe that friendly push by Serpent is just that: a friendly, humorous one-liner much like the kind Knifefighter himself favors. Or something...:D

What you give is what you get...;)

//mika

Knifefighter
03-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Sportified dry humping= BJJ/groundfighting and training for competitions.

As opposed to jumping around and pretending to fight like a bug or a monkey.

Serpent
03-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Mika is correct.

KnifeFighter is jealous.

:)

k-no
03-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Knifefighter

"Sportified dry humping= BJJ/groundfighting and training for competitions.

As opposed to jumping around and pretending to fight like a bug or a monkey."

I'm starting to like this knifefighter guy.

Hey knife, I think the different styles of fighting integrate very well. I'm working on drilling the charp chui while in the mount position. Either he eats it in the neck and face a few times and taps, or at the very least throws him off enough to fall for a basic juji-gatame. I guess I can always try to just throw punches to the face but....I like to use my CMA when I can and frankly, I think an out and out grappler would be disoriented expecting punches and getting my foreknuckles driven into his cartoid.

k