PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Paranoia...

SanSoo Student
03-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Something that bothered me tonight...
I went to the movies with my girlfriend, and there was only one line open. The movie, Passion of The Christ, was about to start in like 5 min. ( saw it because my gf wanted to, I'm Buddhist, but it wasnt a bad movie, pretty good), so I was pushing the guy in front of me alittle to hurry up. He was trudging along, and so I get my wallet ready, following him closely. Suddenly, he turns around while paying for his ticket and yells, "EXCUSE ME, you being too close, can YOU move back?!!?"

I say," Sorry man, I'm in sort of a hurry, just trying to speed things up."

Then he says, " I have a problem with people standing behind like that, MOVE BACK!"

I'm getting alittle annoyed so like the jack-ass that I am, I continue to prod at him," What the F*** is you problem man, I'm not going to mug you or some sh!t, I'm just trying to get to my movie with my girl." Then he looks at me, like he is trying to start a fight and walks away shaking his head.

Has anybody ever met someone as anal as him? I mean this was in a pretty safe/rich neighborhood, Anaheim, where the crime rate is next to zero. I just don't understand how people could ever get that paranoid. Maybe the guy just got out of prison, and was made a prison-b!tch all these years....:confused:

Ikken Hisatsu
03-02-2004, 01:09 AM
real nice san soo. if that was me I would of decked your aggravating little ass right in front of your girlfriend. some people are more sensitive to others standing behind them, how do you know this guy hadnt been assaulted before? christ, and you want us to be on your side? f*ck off chump.

scotty1
03-02-2004, 02:25 AM
He he. Yeah, I wouldn't be very happy if you crowded me, let alone actually touched me like you did this guy, and spoke aggressively.

You're lucky you didn't pick on the wrong guy, and by the sounds of it you're lucky that he didn't decide you were worth responding with aggression to.

Finding it hard to think how you're going to defend your position, when you've basically just told us you acted like a pr!ck.

EDit:

Hang on....

"like the jack-ass that I am, I continue to prod at him"

If you mean verbally prod him then that's not so bad, but I would still think you were a d!ck.
:)

David Jamieson
03-02-2004, 05:26 AM
ah the personal space conundrum.

it's true san soo, according to your story, it was you who had the problem in that line.

"I'm a buddhist"...lol whatever dude. About as much as that guy was a christian I guess lol.

cheers

dodger87
03-02-2004, 07:13 AM
You did the right thing. People with phobias shouldn't be allowed to movies.

Tiger_Yin
03-02-2004, 07:31 AM
dodger87 You did the right thing. People with phobias shouldn't be allowed to movies.

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahhaha...*coffcoff* :rolleyes: Just be happy you didnt walk out with a shoe stuck up ur rear :D

Water Dragon
03-02-2004, 07:52 AM
Nice move Slick.

SanSoo Student
03-02-2004, 08:01 AM
What do you define the limits of person space??
I was like a good 1-2 feet away from him...thats normal waiting in line...:confused:

I dont understand how he defined that as getting close, thats what ****ed me off.

Xebsball
03-02-2004, 08:07 AM
pushing people is asking for a fight, boy

you should be happy he didnt kick your ass

SanSoo Student
03-02-2004, 08:16 AM
HAHA right...well I am a *******, but I wasn't looking for a fight this time.

I just want to know what is the normal boundary of personal distance. Isn't it an accepted fact that people will be closer than 1 feet away from you when waiting in a line?

norther practitioner
03-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Just be glad you didn't get decked and your wallet and girl taken.:rolleyes: :)

scotty1
03-02-2004, 08:59 AM
You didn't say you were simply standing in line behind him.

Most people would be cool with that.

But...

"I was pushing the guy in front of me a little to hurry up,
following him closely,
I continue to prod at him."

norther practitioner
03-02-2004, 09:10 AM
How I translate that, I was annoying the guy in front of me and now I'm wondering why he got ****ed.

Ray Pina
03-02-2004, 09:47 AM
No big deal really, we've all been ina rush at times and drove a little closer than would be safe to the slow poke in front, ect.

However, no matter what the majority thinks is the "correct distance," this human being expressed that he was uncomfortable and as another human being -- buddhist, christain, devil worshipper -- you should have complied.

Also, as a budhist, slow down and enjoy the moment: waiting in line-ness. Maybe their was a lesson to learn at that moment ... apparantly.

Knifefighter
03-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by SanSoo Student
so I was pushing the guy in front of me alittle to hurry up. You were pushing the guy and wonder why he got mad? You have the problem, not him.