PDA

View Full Version : Bagua application demo-by Marcus Brinkman

gazza99
03-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Hello everyone, I have a treat for you......

My last project was to help a friend of mine produce a few instructional DVD's.

Marcus Brinkman is the senior disciple of Bagua Zhang teacher Luo De-xiu. It has been a pleasure being his friend, and learning some excellent baguazhang from him while he has been here in town! He is an extremely skilled and nice guy.

I just wrapped up his first DVD, we did a demo clip to promote the material. (yes thats my ugly mug in the demo with him)The lighting is better in the actual DVD as we filmed the demo at a different location, but you get the point.

Go here for download

http://pressurepointfighting.com/public_html/video/ssdemo.wmv

(Its better to right click and save it to your computer before viewing so it runs smooth.)

Lets hear what you think! You will be able to purchase the DVD shortly from his website www.gaostylebagua.com

regards,

Gary R.

joedoe
03-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey Gary, long time no see. How have you been?

truewrestler
03-03-2004, 10:15 AM
I am a bit confused after watching the demo. Does this DVD teach fighting for say -- a San Shou tournament?

gazza99
03-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Ive been good joe, keeping busy!

Truewrestler:
" am a bit confused after watching the demo. Does this DVD teach fighting for say -- a San Shou tournament"

It teaches how to practice san-shou, which in this case is a specific baguazhang drill. Then it teaches applications from that context.

Gary R.

Unmatchable
03-04-2004, 04:52 PM
I was unimpressed.

Xebsball
03-04-2004, 08:22 PM
the video didnt work for me, cos i got an old version of windoes media thingy, so i cant see shyt and i dunno how good/bad it is.

but i like the guys first name, id say its an almost perfectly beatiful and powerful name.

are there hot chicks on teh video?

truewrestler
03-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by gazza99
It teaches how to practice san-shou, which in this case is a specific baguazhang drill. Then it teaches applications from that context.

Gary R. oh, ok... i see

have or do you guys participate in San Shou competitions? ...or just spar in practice? It would be cool to see some competition or sparring footage. Any on the DVD or online somewhere? Thanks

gazza99
03-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey Truewrestler,

I spar in class daily, but I dont compete in tourneys, just not my bag.

Marcus Brinkman (the guy doing the apps in the clip) doesnt to my knowledge compete either, however his junior class mate Tim Cartmell competes in various tournaments on a regular basis, he just won some jj tourny I think? His site is www.shenwu.com .

Gary