PDA

View Full Version : Bagua application demo-by Marcus Brinkman

gazza99
03-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Hello everyone, I have a treat for you......

My last project was to help a friend of mine produce a few instructional DVD's.

Marcus Brinkman is the senior disciple of Bagua Zhang teacher Luo De-xiu. It has been a pleasure being his friend, and learning some excellent baguazhang from him while he has been here in town! He is an extremely skilled and nice guy.

I just wrapped up his first DVD, we did a demo clip to promote the material. (yes thats my ugly mug in the demo with him)The lighting is better in the actual DVD as we filmed the demo at a different location, but you get the point.

Go here for download

http://pressurepointfighting.com/public_html/video/ssdemo.wmv

(Its better to right click and save it to your computer before viewing so it runs smooth.)

Lets hear what you think! You will be able to purchase the DVD shortly from his website www.gaostylebagua.com

regards,

Gary R.

PS: The instruction is very clear and concise, in response to the "why learn from a vid" thread, I would say most people are hard pressed to find instruction of extremely high caliber in these arts. Take what you can get, and find a partner to work with to make it work. Then try and travel to the teacher at some point to get corrected in person.

Ka
03-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Good Luck with your Business
One Question,I understood SanShou to be free sparing,while what I see on the tape is Rou shou(circular hands) with applications.Which of the translations is correct?
Thanks

gazza99
03-04-2004, 07:20 PM
I think the term is style subjective as to what they train. Marcus speaks fluent chinese (he lived there for well over a decade), and in fact does alot of translation work, he explained the terms to me, but i forget. Perhaps that is meant to serve as a foundation to do free sparring? I dont know, but ill ask when I see him tommorow.

G

Rurouni Kenshi
03-05-2004, 03:39 AM
from what i heard

Rou shou means "soft hand"

san shou "free hand"

rou shou is where the hands a circling whereas san shou is free sparing.

ps: he video is not working, they ask a password :(

Rockwood
03-05-2004, 12:19 PM
From what I have heard,

Master Hong Yixiang's school calls the arm circling-type drill in question San Shou.

In other schools they call it Rou Shou.

It's got many variations but they are essentially talking about the same thing.

In Taiji they have a two-man set called San Shou.

Full contact Lei Tai fighting is called San Shou in the mainland.

-JessO

Ka
03-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Can anyone post the correct Characters for
San Shou
Rou Shou
or the correct pinyin with tones
I know that roudao is Judo, rou2 representing soft flexible.
But rou4bo2 is hand to hand fighting/combat,using rou4 for meat.
Thanks