PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts around University of Chicago

Taomonkey
03-03-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm going to be in Chicago for a week next month, at the University of Chicago. I would like to train with some one when I'm there. Any reccomendations?

Water Dragon
03-03-2004, 09:22 AM
You're more than welcome to come play with us.

Shuai Chiao, Muay Thai, BJJ, San Shou. What's your flavor?

Taomonkey
03-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Where are you located? Any places near the Wrigley Building. I wont have a car, and will depend on PT.

Water Dragon
03-03-2004, 10:48 AM
We train in North West Indiana.

If you want to go to Shuai Chiao/Sand Shou, Crippled Avenger lives about 4 blocks from the U of C and can scoop you up.

If you want to do Mauy Thai/BJJ you can take the train from 59th Street. It drops you off 1/2 block form the gym.

Taomonkey
03-03-2004, 03:19 PM
tell me more about this "Crippled Avenger"

Water Dragon
03-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Not much to say really. He's just some whiny little punk who started hanging around. Every time I throw him, he runs into the corner to cry while sucking his thumb.

But his mom gives me a check every month to be his friend, so I can't really tell him to go away. It is my understanding that the poor schmuck has no friends.

Oh yeah! He also posts here. His version of the story might be a little different than mine. But you don't want to believe him. I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

rubthebuddha
03-03-2004, 03:35 PM
*struggles to keep the giggles in* :D

norther practitioner
03-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Water Dragon
Not much to say really. He's just some whiny little punk who started hanging around. Every time I throw him, he runs into the corner to cry while sucking his thumb.

But his mom gives me a check every month to be his friend, so I can't really tell him to go away. It is my understanding that the poor schmuck has no friends.

Oh yeah! He also posts here. His version of the story might be a little different than mine. But you don't want to believe him. I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

WDs funniest post to date.. which isn't that hard I guess, but this is pretty darn funny.;)

Taomonkey
03-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Then why would I want to go train with him,, ? Or do you think I would enjoy whippin up on him.

Water Dragon
03-05-2004, 10:30 AM
If you come by to train, and let him win, I think I can get his momma to write you a check.

rubthebuddha
03-05-2004, 05:47 PM
*ganders around*

where's crippy? :confused: pitching someone **** isn't as much fun if they aren't around to get splattered by it.

CrippledAvenger
03-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Sorry boys,

I've been real busy with work and conditioning this weekend.

Anyhow, I think WD's just jealous 'cause he recently found out his wife's been paying ME to go easy on him because he's an old man. Make him feel like he's winning, she tells me.

And this is the thanks I get? :p

rubthebuddha
03-08-2004, 11:15 AM
[throws gas on fire]

c'mon, crippy, you gotta be more offensive than that.

also, how much did she dock you in pay for breaking his toe?

[/throws gas on fire]

Water Dragon
03-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha

also, how much did she dock you in pay for breaking his toe?

STFU! I broke the little toe on the same foot Thursday night.

Thanks for stirring up THAT painful memory

CrippledAvenger
03-08-2004, 11:19 AM
It's his womanly legs, I tell ya. All that shaving makes the bones softer.

;)

rubthebuddha
03-08-2004, 11:24 AM
****it, WD, we told you to stop breaking your toes. you're going to be confused with a judoka soon if you keep this up. :(

CrippledAvenger
03-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Well, seeing as we only do "bad Judo" (tm), that's to be expected.

:rolleyes:

:D

rubthebuddha
03-08-2004, 02:12 PM
if it's bad judo, does that mean you guys should have more or fewer broken toes? :confused:

i'm just talkin hypothetically. don't step on WDs toes just to prove a point. :p

CrippledAvenger
03-08-2004, 02:28 PM
It's not my fault that half of my leg is made of metal. Take that up with the Loyola University rugby squad. ;)

It's all good. WD uses his reach advantage really well in sparring, so I get popped in the face a lot for every broken toe.

I really gotta work on my footwork. :o

rubthebuddha
03-08-2004, 03:25 PM
It's not my fault that half of my leg is made of metal. you sure you don't want to do muay thai instead? :D

CrippledAvenger
03-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
you sure you don't want to do muay thai instead? :D

Oh, I do. :D Makes checking kicks a lot of fun!

SevenStar
03-08-2004, 09:26 PM
How much does a metal leg cost these days? I could use a couple.

SevenStar
03-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Water Dragon

STFU! I broke the little toe on the same foot Thursday night.

Thanks for stirring up THAT painful memory

which technique were you doing?

Chang Style Novice
03-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
How much does a metal leg cost these days? I could use a couple. I think Crip just salvaged his off a chair from a middle school cafeteria.

SevenStar
03-08-2004, 10:03 PM
ah - he got the economy leg?

Water Dragon
03-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by SevenStar

which technique were you doing?

Sweep from Spider Guard. I got my toe caught between the mat and the other guys knee.