PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Channel show last night!

sakko
03-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Martial Arts: Kung Fu Fighter

Aired at 6pm PST.. did anyone catch it? I thought it owned that XMA show they had a while back. Though I guess I'm biased cause XMA seemed to be more based on karate than CMA, where as this show had alot of shaolin stuff in it.

They showed some kids from this school in beijing demonstrating different forms, man they were fast!

norther practitioner
03-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Do know if/when it will be on again?

sakko
03-03-2004, 11:25 AM
sadly no, i've checked yahoo TV and the discovery channel site but I can't find out when it airs again... :(

brothernumber9
03-03-2004, 12:18 PM
it actually aired a few times before toward the end of last year. And pretty much all the other MA specials on discovery learning, or history channel own the XMA one. Although the top 10 show may not be too far ahead.

MasterKiller
03-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah, Kung Fu Fighter comes on all the time. I have a copy on tape. It's OK, but not very focused. It does like 10 minutes on Shaolin, 15 minutes on Wushu, and then like 30 minutues on Cung Le. I'm exaggerating because I haven't watched it in a while....

Shaolinlueb
03-03-2004, 01:32 PM
cung le... he still fighting those old slobs ad calling himself champ? only matches i have seen him fight against are against slobs with belly's.

brothernumber9
03-03-2004, 02:04 PM
The last time I saw Cung Le fiight was on espn late night, he won the USKA san shou division championship. The guy he fought, who's name I don't remember, was stocky and seemed physically that he was a bit stronger than Cung Le. he didn't have a belly, and his punching skills seemed strong than Cung Le's too but Cung Le had better kicks and his wrestling background and san shou experience allowed him to continually dump the guy on his head, eventually giving him a very solid victory. I guess wether or not someone is a slob is subjective nonetheless Cung Le's take downs were impressive.