PDA

View Full Version : How many of you practice TCM?

Sil Lum Palm
07-01-2001, 12:37 PM
How many of you out there practice TCM? I am starting in a few months and I am very interested in hearing from others whom practice it as well. In my Kwoon it is taught that "if a man can break a bone, he should be able to mend it as well". Also, several cancer deaths and my father's recent episode with Hep C has also drove me to learn more about medicine. I've just about lost my faith in the busy, over-worked, stressed out western doctors of today. In my family two deaths have allready happened because of mis-diagnosis and by doctors not taking enough time to really figure out what the problem was. My father was mis-diagnosed for ten years as well, and it turned out he had Hep C. If they would have caught it ten years ago they could have stopped it, however due to lack of care ,or lack of training ( or both)he may never be cured. I don't hold any grudges I just feel like there should be more doctors that spend less time driving benzs and playing golf and more time concentrating on each patients needs. If you can't handle it, you have too many patients to care for.

origenx
07-01-2001, 07:30 PM
Western "medicine" is a hi-tech farce - if it quacks like a duck, it's quackery.

woliveri
07-01-2001, 07:53 PM
Actually this is rather an incorrect statement. Western Medicine does have it's place and I have seen many a TCM Doctor rely on Western Diagnosis to aid in their understanding of the problem (such as blood work and ultrasound). Also, TCM Doctors in China also utilize Western techniques to aid in treating patients. I think the problem is more like Sil Lum Palm states where Western Doctors are too hasty in their diagnosis and are closed minded in relation to TCM.

There is no spoon. "The Matrix"
There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. "The Matrix"

lukrion
07-01-2001, 07:59 PM
I grow my own medicinal herbs, and make tinctures etc. I am interested in TCM but don't realy know where to look for some good solid information.

I'm also interested in learning about accupuncture but here again I'm not sure where to begin.

As far as herbs I have read several books not just what they preach in healthfood stores and on TV so I am not likely to make myself sick on the new miracle herb that gets toughted on the 6 oclock news.

I believe that the body can naturally heal itself if we take the correct route and listen to what it is telling us

joedoe
07-02-2001, 03:43 AM
There is a place for both traditional and modern medicine. The ideal is for them to be used together. Unfortunately, the pharmaceutical industry is unlikely to let this happen without a fight.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Johnny Hot Shot
07-29-2001, 11:39 PM
I'll see a herbalist before a Westren DR.

"Life's a great adventure, mate."
Jacko Jackson