PDA

View Full Version : What is chi and how does it work for you?

mickey
03-04-2004, 05:03 AM
Greetings Everyone,

After suggesting the idea that combining chi practice with vertical jump training might yield greater results than vertical jump training alone, I realized from a couple of responses that there are varied perceptions about chi development and potential applications. Rather than let that realization hang, I created this thread to find out more.

Please do share with me your perception of chi and how it works for you.

Thank you for taking the time to share,

mickey

dodger87
03-04-2004, 07:29 AM
Someone on here told me to sit down cross legged and breathe in for 4 seconds and exhale for 4 seconds with my eyes closed. I don't know how its helping me but i do it anyway.

Ford Prefect
03-04-2004, 07:30 AM
To me chi is just combining structure, movement, and breathing as well as deep concentration on the action.

Toby
03-04-2004, 07:56 PM
While I'm essentially a noob in the MA world, I'm a certified skeptic. So I like things that are explainable by science. I'm in Ford's camp. Luckily my teacher is also more of a physicist than a mystic so he is more in line with my view than that of some members of the forums.

Interesting thread, but you probably won't get many replies here. Try the main forum.

rubthebuddha
03-05-2004, 12:57 AM
buy it or not, it gives me something to focus on during breathing exercises after a nasty workout. even if that tingle in my hands is really just in my head, it's better that i think about my breath when i'm trying to relax or stretch than bills, work, deadlines, my wedding planning, the dishes, etc.