PDA

View Full Version : This is martial spirit!!! (UFC related)

Ray Pina
03-05-2004, 12:06 PM
http://www.mawn.net/ki9.htm

MasterKiller
03-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Maybe...also sounds like a sales pitch.

ShaolinTiger00
03-05-2004, 12:29 PM
It's a shame for his to jeopardize that position by competing and being beaten in the UFC."

We didn't see any of them trying to get in did we? but even at 51, Ron did.

The only undefeated man is the one that never tests himself.

Face2Fist
03-05-2004, 12:44 PM
this article is old.
the UFC or any MMA organization has evolved from the trailer trash fighters, kung fu artists and brawlers to the cross trained fighters of today.

van cliff was like the rest of those MA practioners, they thought they could kick a** and ended up beaten

Ray Pina
03-05-2004, 12:56 PM
I think that was what he was trying to say about himself and his peers but in a less offensive way.

By your tone you imply that only "cross-trainers" can handle themselves. From that stament, I'd have to gather that you are a "cross trainer."

What do you cross train in? What skill sets do you bring? Who have you fought and under what organizations have you tested your method?

I ask, because that seems to be the point of this article. Resting on the reputation of being Sugar Foot Wallace is no different than resting on the reputation of Brazilian Jujitsu, or MMA or that I train with Master Chan Bong.

We each have to learn and train and test ourselves. The individual martial artist and his individual skill set.

I figured that article was dated, but I found it uplifting. I also figured others would try to belittle it.

All styles have their strenghts and weaknesses, their preferred range. I rarely hear fighters dissing long range or short range or ground. Why? Because they have been kicked hard at long range, upper cutted at close range and tapped out on the ground.

ShaolinTiger00
03-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Sugar Foot Wallace

LOL!

Bill "Super foot" Wallace...:p

Mantidland
03-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Why is Robocop listed under "More Exciting Martial Art Superstars" in the photo archive?

Knifefighter
03-05-2004, 05:52 PM
"And I'll tell you something else for certain: until they do step into the Octagon themselves, they are in no position to criticize anyone. When it comes to the UFC, there are only two categories of fighters: those who speak from experience, and those who speak from ignorance."

Truer words were never spoken.

Chang Style Novice
03-05-2004, 06:09 PM
It is an interesting question, though - how would Leroy "Sugarfoot" Bonner (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDSUB040403052002390756&sql=X954335) fare in MMA?

Archangel
03-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Great interview, it's a shame more people didn't think like him.