PDA

View Full Version : The New Guy

YoungWilliam
03-05-2004, 12:35 PM
How are you all doing? My name is William. I am interested to learn a Taijiquan form, but i just recently moved from Miami, Fl (where the instructors are endless) back to Oklahoma City, Ok (where the instructors are nowhere to be found)...I figured it was a long shot, but no one happens to know anyone willing to instruct this form in oklahoma do they?...if not, oh well . I guess I will just have to get my kicks on the message board. Nice meeting all of you!

Ray Pina
03-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Don't worry, you'll find something.... welcome.

YoungWilliam
03-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Hopefully so, and thank you.

bamboo_ leaf
03-05-2004, 06:15 PM
http://www.gaostylebagua.com/classes.htm

http://www.emptyflower.com/xingyiquan/teachers.html

Gazza99, and Chris M. are very active on many websites and promote very realistic and sound training method for IMA that are suited for a wide range of students and interest.

Located in OK.

i am sure they can help you
:cool:

Felipe Bido
03-05-2004, 09:18 PM
YoungWillam:

Listen to Bamboo: Gary R. and Chris McKinley are the perfect choice for Taiji in OK. Hopefully, they'll chime in here soon.

Good luck

Walter Joyce
03-05-2004, 09:40 PM
And by all accounts Chris McKinley can point you in the right direction for ba gua as well.

backbreaker
03-06-2004, 04:29 AM
:rolleyes: Those guys like to bad mouth other schools. In particulaer I remember them saying how bad Vincent Chu and Gin Soon was.:rolleyes: From my experiences of 16 years in IMA , but also judging from short video clips, I give it to Gin Soon over Gao bagua or Erle montague taiji due to spiral energy. I see more spiral in the Gin Soon Press technique.Silly matchup really, probably due to politics and wanting to sell videos. As far as Iron Palm, no point in even bringing it up.

There was a thread about Erle Montaigue on this very forum a few months ago. Some people had some concerns about his lineage; that it was perhaps Cheng man ching style and not Old Yang style, or something like that.

Emptyflower proves it's not the mecca of IMA info they like to have an image of. Emptyflowers main asset is their Chen Taijiquan info and they ride on those coattails, but mainly they're into Yang Taijiquan, Gao Bagua, and Hsing I and they especially love the "street" vs "sport" debate

backbreaker
03-06-2004, 04:37 AM
Anyways, I'm waiting for the results of all the challenge matches those guys were making, and saying how they're gonna beat Gin Soon, and then if the others if they even got past Gin Soon. I'm not intending a flame like the EF boys will think, just an alternate perspective from my dealing with them on the internet

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27147&highlight=check+out+these+clips

Walter Joyce
03-06-2004, 06:43 AM
Huh????

Gin Soon is in his 70s.

I have trained with him.

Last I heard he isn't accepting any challenges.

bamboo_ leaf
03-06-2004, 08:48 AM
(I figured it was a long shot, but no one happens to know anyone willing to instruct this form in oklahoma do they)

Gary and Chris, have very strong and sincere view points on IMA and teach accordingly. Weather one agrees or not with their approach one couldn’t go wrong in just checking them out.

backbreaker
03-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I really don't know them, but alot of **** goes on on the internet, between people who might be friendly in to each other in person.

Buddy
03-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Backbreaker
You're just being silly. You got your pantys lifted on EF and your opinions based on clips are absurd. And you certainly never read any comment by Marcus Brinkman about anyone. YW: Marcus will teach you far more than just form.
Buddy

backbreaker
03-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Panty's lifted, how is that. I'm just saying things like everyone on EF says, things like that I see nothing on video to put you above The Gin Soon club or Cheng Man Ching style so why do these guys think they're so much better, and talking about fighting against Iron Palm what is silly. Spiral energy in throwing, where is the spiral energy to throw the opponent over even in a sommersault?

shawnsegler
03-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Hey Backbreaker!

Don't be an ignorant maggot, please.

Love from all your EF buddies.

S

scotty1
03-08-2004, 08:31 AM
LOL!! :p

YoungWilliam
03-12-2004, 07:02 PM
Lol, well I see people on this board are opinonated?..Thanks I did happen to talk to Gary and set up some schedules, although I cant start till i can afford to pay him...lol. Thanks for all your help, when the ball starts rolling on my finances again and I begin training, you guys will definately see more of me here. :thumbsup: