PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitos medicine

harry_the_monk
08-01-2001, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know of a harmless repellant to mosquitos? A natural one rather than one you buy at the pharmacy... :)
Also does eating certain foods do this naturally anyway?

remo
08-01-2001, 05:45 PM
You might try:

www.cactusjuicetm.com/ (http://www.cactusjuicetm.com/)

joedoe
08-02-2001, 03:56 AM
Heard eating garlic works.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Fish of Fury
08-02-2001, 05:35 AM
taking B vitamins is supposed to repel mossies (don't know if it works...maybe you can let me know :) )

citronella is the most common natural insect repellant (you can get citronella candles)
Neem is also used

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

harry_the_monk
08-04-2001, 11:56 AM
Cool, don't know if its the B-vits or the Garlic, but I haven't been bitten all year yet(tempting fate I know..) even when I got a few of them flying round the room.
Maybe I'll give the citrenalla candles a go, if they smell nice, might help block the constant smell of sweat-drying sports kit in my room :D

Peace...

The Whyzyrd
08-05-2001, 01:45 PM
I just spent a month in Thailand and over there everyone uses Tiger Balm as a mosquito repellant...and surprisingly it works. That's all I used after I found out and didn't get one nible though I got chewed on before.

"The Wolf does not regard the barking dog"

dunbarj01
08-06-2001, 07:42 AM
I've heard of Tiger Balm for bites but I didn't know that it could be used as a repellent. I've also heard that citronella is not a very good repellent but it was used because it was one of the few fragrant oils that could withstand the relatively high temperatures such as in candles. I think it was more anecdotal than concrete.

Cheers,

The Whyzyrd
08-08-2001, 01:49 PM
Well, as far as usuing it on bites - I have no idea BUT that's what the locals told us to use as a repellent and, sure enough it worked (yes - I was VERY surprised).

"The Wolf does not regard the barking dog"