PDA

View Full Version : stretching help

gaijin
03-08-2004, 03:59 AM
Hi,
I know this subject has probably been covered many times before but i am looking for as much info as possible about stretching.
I have found many sources of different stretches/stretching technique,but not many cover subjects such as how many different stretches should you do for each muscle?how many times a day/week should you stretch?
Any advice would be aprieciated

Gaijin

Anthracis
03-09-2004, 11:47 AM
You should stretch a little everyday. I would say 20-30 minutes of stretching is great. Stretching is probably going to be even better after a workout because you can sink deeper into your stretches due to fatigued muscles. The muscles fight you less after they have been worn down. Stretching is also good to do pre workout as well. If you workout three times a week and also stretch during those times, it is a good idea to do some stretching at home in addition to those days, during your off days from training.

In addition, you should do 2-3 stretches per bodypart. Try different ways of stretching until you build a good base. It is a personal endeavor and you will find some stretches that will work better for you than others.

Good luck and happy stretches!

gaijin
03-10-2004, 03:59 AM
Thank you for the help.I'll put it into practice!

Gaijin