PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good Tui Na references

illusionfist
07-12-2001, 03:06 AM
Hey folks, i was wondering if anybody knew about some good books on Tui Na. I'm putting a course pack together for a continuing education class at my local university and i would like to include info outside of the instructor's teachings. I would like to use the other sources to help broaden the aspects of Tui Na. Anybody who practices Tui Na knows that there are so many different techniques that it becomes overwhelming at times.

Any help is sincerely appreciated

illusionfist
07-24-2001, 01:58 AM
bump

Kung Lek
07-31-2001, 06:58 PM
Hey there I-fist-

Many books that deal with acupuncture will have reference to Tui Na as well as cupping and moxibustion treatments.

If you can find "Acupuncture" by Dr.Stephen Chang there is a few pages on Tui Na and as well "the web that has no weaver" contains a few pages on it.

The Tui Na I learned was all taught to me by my sifu. It is a most excellent method of massage especially for martial arts soreness and injuries.

peace

Kung Lek

illusionfist
08-18-2001, 11:38 PM
Are there any students of Bill Helm here? Anything that you could offer?

Peace :D

phantom
08-27-2001, 06:43 PM
if you go to Barnes&Noble.com, there is a section where customers give star ratings, like we have here for the threads, for the books they have read. I beleive I have seen some Tui Na books reviewed on there, for I am interested in finding books on this subject as well. Sorry I could not be of more help, but I figured this would be better than nothing. Peace. :D

illusionfist
09-01-2001, 01:57 AM
The only problem with that is that most of the books that are good TCM references are not printed here in the US and you can't obtain them from places like amazon and BN. Also a good majority of books that ARE out there tend to be very new agey and not scientific. They combine stuff with reiki, crystals, and all sorts of nonsense that doesn't pertain to Tui Na, or TCM in general.

Peace :D

phantom
09-20-2001, 06:59 PM
www.hsing-i.com (http://www.hsing-i.com). It shows some tui na techniques on there. I hope this helps. Peace. :D

Tangsoo
10-25-2001, 06:42 AM
Bill Helms wrote one on TuiNa a couple of years ago. I have the book. It is very good since the main conbritutor is Sifu Share Lew. The book is very good. It details the 13 hand techniques that are used in tui na.

phantom
10-25-2001, 09:20 PM
could you please tell me where I can buy this book? Thanks in advance.