PDA

View Full Version : heads up on Gracie Seminar!!!

blooming lotus
03-08-2004, 05:27 PM
ROYCE GRACIE SEMINARS hit Australia and NZ!

For anyone interested, dates follow

Sydney March 13-14th

Melbourne March 18th

Perth March 20th-21st

Auckland Nz March 22nd

more info at www.Gracieseminars.com

sounds worth checking out
;) :D

jon
03-08-2004, 06:49 PM
fark cool, now all i need is the money to attend :(

Ka
03-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Jon
Don't tell me you do BJJ now?:D good to see.;)
Royce came out last year as well,a friend went and said it was good,but would ahve been better if people stopped asking him about Street fighting.
BL
Are you and Aussie?Where you at?

SevenStar
03-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Royce gives a decent seminar. If you are able, go.

Xebsball
03-09-2004, 11:52 AM
yeah

Xebsball
03-09-2004, 11:55 AM
totally

norther practitioner
03-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Xebs.. very good finds.:D

blooming lotus
03-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Ka
Jon
Don't tell me you do BJJ now?:D good to see.;)
Royce came out last year as well,a friend went and said it was good,but would ahve been better if people stopped asking him about Street fighting.
BL
Are you and Aussie?Where you at?

ah no...portugese/ lil NZ / lil tongan

been in Aus off an on for yrs...just taken teaching contract in Zhengzhou...so... no...

by the way, have you guys heard wheel of life is touring, dates begin Perth nxy tuesday....looks like a younger crew and wouldn't mind knowing who's comming out, but the most information I can get is that they're from "tibet" :rolleyes: ...glad we cleared that one up :D

Toby
03-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
...portugese/ lil NZ / lil tongan ...
Interesting mix. Surprised you're not built like a house with Tongan and NZ (Maori or white?). You don't have a Kiwi ekcent do you? :p

BL, I got Wheel of Life tickets for my b-day. I'm in Perth, so I'll give ya a report after the show (next weekish).

blooming lotus
03-10-2004, 03:58 PM
god*am it....I'll be in Shaolin any minute but ...I wanna see the glitter!!!:p :D ...do tthat...and hey..get some pics or something...look forward to the feedback...oh..an happy birthday :P :D

I'm mainly portugese...just a dash of tongan...and my Nz sise( since none of them but the maories came from there anyway..)is english...it's kinda odd...all my cousins etc are Freakin huge..and my mom is smaller than me??

No I have no Nz accent...I teach english and they train us to speak US lingo...so I guess it's kinda an original version of that...they seem to dig to it ??:p

backbreaker
03-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Xebsball is the greatest.

blooming lotus
03-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by backbreaker
Xebsball is the greatest.

ok......well glad we got that one out in the open:D

Ka
03-12-2004, 11:20 PM
I hope you guys arn't honestly impressed by what the Wheel of life boys do???(unless its the making money side)
Give me Bjj any day.
For Sydney Boys there is a free demo of Japanese Trad MA (Kendo Kyudo etc)at UNSW Roundhouse Tue 16 6pm.

blooming lotus
03-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Ka
I hope you guys arn't honestly impressed by what the Wheel of life boys do

:rolleyes:

Toby
03-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Ka
I hope you guys arn't honestly impressed by what the Wheel of life boys do???
Probably. I'll tell you next week. I was impressed by Cirque du Soleil too. Been to 2 of their shows. It's entertainment, not a fight night. If I wanted to see a fight, I'd be going to Green vs Sullivan on Saturday night, not Wheel of Life on Friday.

Ka
03-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Yeah, Roger, as long as you realise its entertainment.Not boxing and certinly not Buddhism.

blooming lotus
03-15-2004, 03:52 PM
shaolin kungfu has nothing to do with buddhism......sure mate.....thx for the tip.......

please see threads..what is shaolin

Ka
03-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
shaolin kungfu has nothing to do with buddhism......sure mate.....thx for the tip.......

please see threads..what is shaolin
Yeah this forum is a hallmark of truth:rolleyes:
Have a chat with the Wof L boys in chinese.
Heard your on the way to shaolin? Enjoy the circus.
But seriously if you think that W of L is Buddhism I think you should keep looking.

blooming lotus
03-16-2004, 06:16 PM
ok..here we go again...I don't know exactly who is on this leg of the tour nor have any information about them, but I have done searches before and got profiles etc..there ARE monks on that tour right?? and to be a monk you need to make some sort of ascetic committment right?...even if your kungfu is an aspect of that.

See,...the way I find relevance is partly this...

firstly for me, buddhism promotes thye idea or concept of being born with "unlimited potenetial"...which amongst other things is TOTALLY relevant to iron skills...the main "puller" of the show....and because ch'an buddhism originated with beliefs of cultivating self discipline ( possibly also self reflection, right thought, right action, right will, right effort, right medidtation etc)...

as health concious peeps, or at minimum, folks trying to reach higher levels of kungfu apptitude, this is all relevant...and for me promotes the mind frame of continual growth...so the instant I reach a new level of acheivement, ( thx to the whole no limit thing) I immediately step it up, have not reached my goal and so plug on...comming always closer to that potential - integral to high lvl kungfu performance, in training and apllicately...which again is relevant to every aspect of life.....without that spirit, kungfu is NOT kungfu...your kungfu becomes wushu ....

argue, don't argue, like it , don't...

whatever:D :p :cool:

Ka
03-18-2004, 07:58 PM
As always I think you miss where I am coming from or the point I am making.I posted the same before so feel free to keep talking past people.

Serpent
03-18-2004, 09:37 PM
blooming lotus - you teach only spoken English, right? Not written English. Please say you don't teach written English!

;)

blooming lotus
03-21-2004, 08:02 PM
LOL....as a matter of fact :p :D :D