PDA

View Full Version : Home movies

dodger87
03-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Do any of you guys ever use your kung fu skills to make home kung fu videos?

The zerogravity guys at www.wushucentral.com do a really good job with their home movies.

Ren Blade
03-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Zero Gravity's really good. I like the old school stuff that KWOON done. www.thekwoon.com

I did some home made movies before and they can be fun. But choreographing a fight really challenges your creativity and is difficult. Performing the choreography can be a tiring and a mentally draining process as you have to do retake after retake of the same sequence of movement over and over again. Here's the last one I did with some friends last October. My friend Pete did the camera work, and editting. Our friend Onassis choreographed it. And my friend Jeff and I performed. I'm in the black shirt/white pants mostly staying on the right side. Jeff on the left in all black did Kendo and Tae Kwon Do and was taking his shot at performing Kung Fu and willing to do it all.
www.neo-modus.com/stuntpeople/pete/rehearsal2.mpg

Shaolinlueb
03-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Ren Blade
Zero Gravity's really good. I like the old school stuff that KWOON done. www.thekwoon.com

I did some home made movies before and they can be fun. But choreographing a fight really challenges your creativity and is difficult. Performing the choreography can be a tiring and a mentally draining process as you have to do retake after retake of the same sequence of movement over and over again. Here's the last one I did with some friends last October. My friend Pete did the camera work, and editting. Our friend Onassis choreographed it. And my friend Jeff and I performed. I'm in the black shirt/white pants mostly staying on the right side. Jeff on the left in all black did Kendo and Tae Kwon Do and was taking his shot at performing Kung Fu and willing to do it all.
www.neo-modus.com/stuntpeople/pete/rehearsal2.mpg

i liked the little trapping part you had going on in the center. that was :cool: old school too.

norther practitioner
03-09-2004, 09:59 AM
good stuff Ren.

I liked the breif close up of the foot/leg action.

Ren Blade
03-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Thanks. I wish we had a couple more days of practice before we filmed it. After we learned the choreography and practice for over an hour, Pete pushed to have it filmed right away so the result wasn't as smooth as we would've liked it. But I think it's ok for what we have.

The trapping and the fight was all choreographed by Onassis from www.thekwoon.com. I think his name is subutai on this messege board. Pete is a film student and he did the camera work and decided to do a close up on the footwork. I added the last Mantis strike with the wrist and the jump kick at the end.

dodger87
03-14-2004, 06:38 AM
Is there any other videos like zerogravity and the one you just had? because i basically downloaded all the minimovies on zerogravity and most of the kwoon ones i downloaded don't have much fighting just a bunch of funny **** they do.

Kristoffer
03-14-2004, 06:51 AM
home movies rule

I dig yours Ren