PDA

View Full Version : Insufficient blood?

Taone
08-02-2001, 03:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to have an insufficient volume of blood?? I used to have all the symptoms of low blood pressure and anemia, although these were not the problem (& I was not iron deficient). Circulation issues, pale, light-headed, etc. And now sometimes during... *erm*... sexual activity :) I find that I get really light-headed and sort of pins and needles all over the top half of my body, including face (I figure when blood flow is diverted downstairs) ?!
Any thoughts?? And if this is a potential problems - ways to increase plasma production?? Thanks

Nexus
08-02-2001, 08:25 PM
find the approporiate information to aid you in your question. At this time, I do not have it sitting in front of me, but I have worked with people who have had blood (issues) such as yours in the past.

Highly recommended idea: Go see an acupuncturist. In China, this would probably be considered a problem with your qi flow. This could be the best solution, check it out, ask the TCM acupuncturist what they think.

More on this later..

- Nexus

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres

Repulsive Monkey
08-05-2001, 12:06 AM
The 3 main organs concerned with blood in C.M. are the Liver, Heart and Spleen. The hearts cirlulatory function obviously pushes around but also in C.M. stored the Shen(Spirit) and when blood in general in deficient then the Shen is disturbed which can cause insomnia, problems getting to sleep, being easily startled and mental unrest. The Liver stores the blood and enables the smooth flow of Qi in the whole body, and being related to it affects the blood circulation and storage. The Spleen is important as it helps create more blood and also is responsible for keeping blood inside the blood vessels. In C.M. these 3 altogether are responsible for blood levels. The tingling pins and needles sensation could be a sign of a Liver deficiency maybe Liver blood stagnation. This isn't as bad as it sounds but all the same indicates an imbalance. It may very well be of interest to you to visit a Chinese Doctor or herbalist. It could something else but it sounds like a Liver blood disharmony of sorts.