PDA

View Full Version : Southern Dragon Style Forms

FIRE HAWK
03-09-2004, 10:56 PM
What are the names of these Southern Dragon style forms in english and what do they mean , Sup Luk Dung, Sam Tung,Bic Bo Sam Tung, Lung Ying Ying Jow, Lung Ying Mor Kiu , and are there more forms in Southern Dragon Style ?

Just a Guy
03-10-2004, 12:19 PM
These don't match up exactly to the naming conventions for these forms in my school, BUT, I think these are the forms you've named, in order:

Sixteen Holes
Passing Bridge Three Times
????
Eagle Claw
Touch Bridge

Yes, there are more forms, a lot of them. There are a few books I'm aware of that will be on the market soon which will offer detailed information on this style.

Ao Qin
03-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Hi Firehawk,

16 Movements
Passing Bridge Three Times
Shuffle Step Three Ideas (?)
Dragon Form Eagle Claw
Dragon Form Touch Bridge

There are over 50 forms in Dragon Style, including a base of about 20 hand sessions, 20 weapon sessions, and 11 two-man forms. This base does not include some of the "older session" sessions and material still preserved from Lam Yiu Kwai's first Hakka - based art.

Cheers - AQ

David Jamieson
03-10-2004, 03:25 PM
Shuffle Step Three Ideas (?)

Hey Ao

Is this not "Bot Bo" of Bak Sil Lum?

I have heard NorthernShaolin refer to Bot bo as a similar name to this. INteresting if this is so.

cheers

FIRE HAWK
03-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Just a Guy who will be the authors of these Southern Dragon style books and do you know when they will be out for sale ?and where can one buy the books ? will they be for sale in the U.S.A. ?again thanks guys Robert

Just a Guy
03-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Information will be forthcoming in one to three weeks. That's the best I can do. ;)

FIRE HAWK
03-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Ok I can wait thanks for the information and I will be waiting to here from you in three or four weeks .You have got me real excited about these books .

Gangsterfist
03-16-2004, 05:19 PM
My sifu knows a few southern dragon forms from the fujikan (sp?) region. In this paticular style one arcs their back to swallow any kind of low attack and also extending the length of their reach of their arms. Punching is similar to wing chun, where one fist replaces the other. However, in this dragon form the punching does not chamber in the center line, they switch places using small archs. I really really like that technique and have added it to my wing chun. It looks kind of like you are turning a wheel that is angled.

The form he knows is a short form, there is also a long form for it as well, but my sifu does not know it.