PDA

View Full Version : Zen Alarm Clock?

kungfu cowboy
03-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Anybody try one of these? (http://www.now-zen.com/) I absolutely HATE the standard alarm clock he LL noise, and would like to be awakened by something a little more pleasant, but wondering if it would even wake somebody up, or just give them a dream that they were the Dalai Lama or something equally not woken-up-able.

red5angel
03-10-2004, 10:28 AM
intriguing idea, I hate waiting up to the horn I have now. My only concern is that I would have to stagger the alarm a little since it rings once then waits 3 minutes for another ring.

norther practitioner
03-10-2004, 10:39 AM
There are the other ones too, the zen alarm clocks (not the digital).

Water Dragon
03-10-2004, 10:44 AM
I'm going to create one that has a woman having sex. At first, it will be just low moans. By the time she orgasms, she'll be screaming, which should wake you up.

If not, at least you'll have pleasant dreams.

norther practitioner
03-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Dude, my neighbor has already complained about my girl, I don't need to add something like that into the mix.

Water Dragon
03-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Why not? He'll think you're a big pimp having a Menage-a-Trois-fest

@PLUGO
03-10-2004, 11:11 AM
I sleep right through them...

yeah the little "chime" is pleasant & if you're a light sleeper it would probably work...

Me, I usually need like 2 alarm clocks set at different times and in different locations just to remind me that I'm still in bed.

Morning person I'm not.

On another note I figure a real Zen Alarmclock would be one that doesn't wake you up in the mornings... well in that case this would work for me.

norther practitioner
03-10-2004, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I think it is a little cheasy too, the whole play on wakening and whatnot...

red5angel
03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm going to create one that has a woman having sex. At first, it will be just low moans. By the time she orgasms, she'll be screaming, which should wake you up.

put me down for six!!!

Dude, my neighbor has already complained about my girl, I don't need to add something like that into the mix.

Tell your neighbor I'm sorry but I can't help it, they just do that sometimes..er, or is this when your home?

norther practitioner
03-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Tell your neighbor I'm sorry but I can't help it, they just do that sometimes..er, or is this when your home?

LOL...

dude, now you're really, really, freakin' me out. I guess that'd almost make sense if my girl either lived with me, or if we spent more time there than at her house, but, I guess that would explain why all the dogs in the neighborhood have been scared to walk by the door (I see why you wanted to go to vet school).

Oh, and to recap, Dude you're sick.

red5angel
03-10-2004, 12:47 PM
we (that's the royal "we") don't like to refer to it as "sick" so much as abnormally creative.

norther practitioner
03-10-2004, 12:48 PM
And thats why we (the real we, as in everyone else) think that you're sick.

GeneChing
03-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Never used it much - the 'pleasant ring' wasn't as amusing as the morning radio show and the snooze bar. Now I just use the sun as an alarm clock. That works best for me, except for around daylight savings time.

kungfu cowboy
03-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Curses! Sounds lame! I didn't see the every three minute ding thing. That is not well thought out. Oh well! Anybody got one of those "Who let the dogs out"-only playing alarm clocks! Those rigiddy rock!

kungfu cowboy
03-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Actually, they should offer a Zen Alarm Gong for heavy sleepers. Like the one in the beginning of Jungle Boogie by the Commodores.

kungfu cowboy
03-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Or maybe the Zen Alarm Mime.

@PLUGO
03-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Mimes are already alarming . . . no?

David Jamieson
03-10-2004, 07:56 PM
i thought the zen alarm clock was just your circadian rythyms telling you that you no longer need to be sleeping?

in which case, you already have one.

now if someone can figure out a way to keep overly ambitious people asleep i think we can find balance in society. :D