PDA

View Full Version : How does dit da jow work?

phantom
07-20-2001, 10:17 PM
Could somebody please tell me exactly how dit da jow removes injuries, the "science" behind it, if you would? Thanks in advance.

bearpaw
07-21-2001, 10:05 AM
Dit da jow works the same as any topical mixture.

Dale Dugas
07-24-2001, 02:12 PM
Dit Da Jow herbs usually fallinto a few categories. Most of the herbs are blodd movers. They will move the dead blood cells in and around the area where you apply the Jow.

Some formula have herbs to stop pain, decrease swelling, move the qi through the area to reestablish the homeostatic state of the body.

Some joes are weak in action and some are very strong and toxic to ingest. If you dont know if your jow is one of the other you should not use it in cuts and keep it out of your mouth.

Hope this helps.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

Abstract
07-24-2001, 05:12 PM
in liquid form, what color should the Jow be? Green? Brown? My accupuncturist gave me some pills, the bottle says "gu die de jiu wan"(sp?) or something similar to that...he said this would do for the bruises I had, and if i get them worse than usual, we'd go from there. anyone?

Dale Dugas
07-25-2001, 02:21 PM
I have never seen a green jow, so I would avoid that. Most herbs will turn dark brown to black depending on the herbs used. The herbalist gave you a patent medicine for internal bruise pills. They are used for minor injuries. He also gave you good advice, in case you have something more serious where they need to prescribe more potent herbs. He would create a prescription just for you using an internal dit da formula. Hence he told you to come back and you would go from there.

Hope this helps.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

Abstract
07-25-2001, 04:08 PM
I appreciate it, man. The jow I have IS brown, what a relief....I bought it then wondered afterword if I bought the right thing. I can't read Chinese to well, save for 'wing chun', 'shaolin', and some feng shui related things....Do you have any recommendations as to who's written a good book for the layman regarding TCM?

wisdom mind
07-25-2001, 08:26 PM
it was very weak smelling and i did not want to use any of it, so i did not.

it was commercial grade with a preying mantis on it..not sure the school.

dunbarj01
07-26-2001, 01:51 AM
Herbs and any botanical extract for that matter all vary from location to location and from each harvest. This is all due to differences in climate, rainfall and soil conditions. This is probably why you see variations in colour, solid content and potency much in the same way that wines vary from country to country.

Cheers,

fiercest tiger
07-28-2001, 01:24 PM
i have a green snake oil that is used for muscles and sprains etc. i bought in hongkong from a snake shop with dit dar clinic...its a good jow, very mentholy as well.

its used for fung sup- wind dampness!

they also had drinking internal jows and you could buy the jar with the snakes in it, but customs would have had a field day on that! ;)

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com