PDA

View Full Version : Choice of gf

Chinwoo-er
03-12-2004, 04:10 PM
If you could choose, would you like your gf to train martial arts ? If so, which style ? Same so you two can identify with each other ? Or different so there are more to talk about ?

And what level ? Beginner so you will forever be the source of their knowledge so they have to worship you ? Equal to yours ? Or well above you so you can have a goddess by your side ??

Me ? I would choose someone who is on the same level as I am that trains two or more japanese arts, hopefully with weapons experience.

Sigh........ I guess I will die, never having tasted the sweetness of love......:(

edit: no, you may only select items related to martial arts. Looks and other...... interesting qualities are irrelevent

red5angel
03-12-2004, 04:20 PM
my wife's going to take taichi, real taichi, not hippy stuff.

rubthebuddha
03-12-2004, 04:31 PM
my fiancée can already kick my ass, and she's never trained in a thing. :o

Chang Style Novice
03-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Yeah, but what if she lets go of the leash and horsewhip?

Pork Chop
03-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Like what kinda gf is it?

I mean is it the "worship the ground she walks on" kinda thing?
The type where it's not even so much looks based (albeit it plays a significant role) but you can't stop thinking about her, you're crazy about her, you can't get enough of being around her, and you're like goin nuts.
Coz if so, I think I'd dig just about whatever she was into, doubt I'd even have a choice.

Or is it "we cool friends just hangin out" kinda thing?
Like you think she's attractive and she turns you on, but you go out mostly because she's cool to hang out with....
In that case, she could elevate her hotness by being into an MA, preferrably something like BJJ (no sick oral jokes here).
Tai chi wouldn't be so bad either, but I think I'd rather have a c0cky grappler chick than a granola eater.

Skill level's not a big deal. Wouldn't be a big deal if she was able to slap submissions on me at will (i mean that's kind of the game in the first place), she'd still probably be open for a ground and pound (you dirty, dirty little wankers...). :p

Someone of say Jenna Castillo's caliber, or Susie P could probably knock me out at will; but otherwise I doubt I'd really be looking to compete with my girl on that level. I have a real hard time hitting back in sparring sessions with females; which is selfish I know, but at the same time just doesn't feel right.

Don't know that I could see myself going through with marrying the second one, but I've got a feeling the second one's the one you end up living better with.

rubthebuddha
03-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Yeah, but what if she lets go of the leash and horsewhip? then it loses a lot of the fun value. :(

honestly, i'd like it if my fiancée was into it as well, but at my own skill level. she may one day wish to learn, but right now it holds no value to her other than 1. it makes me happy, and 2. it will keep her safe. outside of that, she doesn't give two ****s about martial arts.

inic
03-12-2004, 05:31 PM
I've identified the woman of my dreams already...... but it turns out she's not even real. ever read the alien vs predator 3 book series? The main character is machiko something. Good God what would I give to have her materialize in the real world.

I attached a pic of the covers.
The girl on the bottom right is a painting a I bought. Kind of has the "essence" of the girl i'd want to be with. Same with the bottom left.

inic
03-12-2004, 05:34 PM
^ drool :p

Pork Chop
03-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Dunno why I like this chick but:
http://www.yeahyeahyeahs.com/
Voice, personality, some of the lyrics on the last album, the new york thing, i dunno....
Weird when you don't think someone's all that hot but you dig 'em.... like a lot.

I could go with the old standbyes of Pink, Allysa Milano, JLo (till she started singin), Jessica Alba (who I lost almost everything for after first time hearing her interview, but finished the deal with that movie *shiver*), the blonde from the Sopranos, Kelly Hu, brooke burke, shannon elizabeth, and anybody else who could fall into that category on looks.

But media gals don't usually do all that much for me; at least not for a while.

Then again, I haven't had a good ole crush on anyone for a while.

Vash
03-12-2004, 06:16 PM
I prefer a girl that's about as tall as me, maybe a bit taller. A good tan is nice, but it's not a requirement. Can't be a stick figure, either; girl's gotta be athletic. She has to lift weights. Martial arts is a friggin good thing (till you start dating inside the school, then you're fugged).

My girlfriend currently is about as tall as me (when she's not wearing shoes), looks athletic (though she isn't), has a perfect face and perfect body . . . don't see no way to improve . . . except for her favorite color . . . it's friggin blue. If it were red, then you know she was heaven sent. But BLUE?

Chinwoo-er
03-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Oi ! martial arts only !!!

Pork Chop
03-12-2004, 06:30 PM
kristen kreuk's uber hot.

thinking about the girl i had the biggest crush on in my whole life; who recently started talkin with me again after a long time of not hearin from her. planning out what I want in a girl doesn't seem to correlate exactly to when I completely fall for one.

like i said, tough one to call...

my ideal girl's cute, with big doe eyes, petite, not too boney (which might be "really boney" for other folks- hard to give a metric), some curve to the behind, but stretching out the back of the jeans isn't necessary (or even all that good in some extreme cases), not huge into chest, just don't want her looking too sickly I guess...

But then I end up falling for these girls that are a little higher up on the "voluptuous" scale; closer to what everyone else likes...
Visually it's not as appealing to me, but being up close and personal's a different story.

Think I still fall in the Xebby category right now for chix...
I could probably get out of it, but I'm really picky.
But I think I'm starting to realize what I really want and not holdin out for what's just visually appealing.
I'd probably do a lot better if I actually talked to girls, regardless of what I look like these days. hehe

Vash
03-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Ah. My apologies.

I'd want a girl that did Liu He Ba Fa . . . !

inic
03-12-2004, 07:04 PM
I honestly prefer a girl who does more european fighting..... I'm in the SCA and at events, I love watching these girls do archery, fencing, broadswords, stickfighting, etc.

hotness.

But in general, as long as the girl knows how to kick some butt, its hotness by me!

SevenStar
03-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by BMore Banga
Dunno why I like this chick but:
http://www.yeahyeahyeahs.com/
Voice, personality, some of the lyrics on the last album, the new york thing, i dunno....
Weird when you don't think someone's all that hot but you dig 'em.... like a lot.

I could go with the old standbyes of Pink, Allysa Milano, JLo (till she started singin), Jessica Alba (who I lost almost everything for after first time hearing her interview, but finished the deal with that movie *shiver*), the blonde from the Sopranos, Kelly Hu, brooke burke, shannon elizabeth, and anybody else who could fall into that category on looks.

But media gals don't usually do all that much for me; at least not for a while.

Then again, I haven't had a good ole crush on anyone for a while.

you've got good taste. Also, don't forget Gabrielle Union, Eva Mendez or Gwen Stefani.

Back in the day, I used to really be into Daisy Fuentes.

And I agree - kristen kreuk is hot.

SevenStar
03-12-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Chinwoo-er
If you could choose, would you like your gf to train martial arts ? If so, which style ? Same so you two can identify with each other ? Or different so there are more to talk about ?

And what level ? Beginner so you will forever be the source of their knowledge so they have to worship you ? Equal to yours ? Or well above you so you can have a goddess by your side ??

Me ? I would choose someone who is on the same level as I am that trains two or more japanese arts, hopefully with weapons experience.

Sigh........ I guess I will die, never having tasted the sweetness of love......:(

edit: no, you may only select items related to martial arts. Looks and other...... interesting qualities are irrelevent

As far as MA, I wouldn't be selective in that way - I want her training something that she will be able to use practically. Doesn't really matter the style. In the case of Mrs Star, boxing and grappling...almost. I can get her t box, she loves it, but she's not into judo or bjj. The idea of getting thrown or armbarred scares her.

However, I try and stress to her that if she were to run into someone who intended to rape her, he wants her on the ground. Consequently, she should be able to fight from there.

Shaolinlueb
03-12-2004, 08:23 PM
any gf who trained inb kung fu would be cool. she could do tkd maybe, not karate unless she was really hot. :o

the best would be a wushu girl, that is really good. she could teach me some wushu stuff, she could help me run my school in the future :o :D :p or a girl who trained in the same stuff i did. or a chick who trained in monkey style :o :D :p

PHILBERT
03-12-2004, 10:27 PM
I no longer have a girlfriend who could train. But yeah if I had a girlfriend, I wouldn't mind if she trained in something. Other than what I train in, so we could have some fun with style vs style.

Kristoffer
03-13-2004, 01:52 AM
my gf is awsome! she's everything I ever wanted in a girl, honestly. She used to train Aikido n she'll probebly pick up some CMA within a few years. I dig it

FatherDog
03-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Ideally, I'd have a gf who studied a grappling art and a striking art. Then I'd have someone to drill with at home, when I couldn't get to class.

David Jamieson
03-13-2004, 11:59 AM
i married mine :D

hope the same can happen for you guys who are still just "wanting".

cheers

sticky fingers
03-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by FatherDog
Ideally, I'd have a gf who studied a grappling art and a striking art. Then I'd have someone to drill with at home, when I couldn't get to class.

Yes , I'd drill my gf regularly whether she was into martial arts or not.

Vash
03-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I'd drill your girlfriend, too.

Kristoffer
03-13-2004, 02:54 PM
I drill your ***** every friday

AshidaKimFan
03-13-2004, 04:13 PM
I dig older ladies and Chinese ladies, so my ultimate gf would be GM Lily Lau of Eagle Claw...

Anyone hook me up with her? Is she married? :D

http://www.lilylaueagleclaw.com/

Chinwoo-er
03-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Yes, I am pretty certain Lily Lau is married.

Shaolinlueb, why monkey style ? I dunno, as far as my love for monkey style, I personally find a lady doing it to be less appealing than, dare I say it, TKD

Shaolinlueb
03-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Chinwoo-er
Yes, I am pretty certain Lily Lau is married.

Shaolinlueb, why monkey style ? I dunno, as far as my love for monkey style, I personally find a lady doing it to be less appealing than, dare I say it, TKD

i dont know. monkey wushu. i havent seen a lot of authentic pek kwar. but its back to wushu chicks.... flexibility...:o

AshidaKimFan
03-14-2004, 12:41 AM
dayum...maybe I could challenge her husband to a duel to the death out in the marsh....

MasterKiller
03-14-2004, 10:02 AM
mmmmmmm.............Sarah Silverman.......mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Shaolinlueb
03-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
mmmmmmm.............Sarah Silverman.......mmmmmmmmmmmmm

that post is worthless withoput pics. ;D

Kristoffer
03-15-2004, 10:14 AM
:)

MasterKiller
03-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb

that post is worthless withoput pics. ;D Yousa crazy. My wife looks like a Puerto Rican mix between Sarah Silverman and Liv Tyler.

http://www.everwonder.com/david/silverman.html

norther practitioner
03-15-2004, 11:21 AM
I met my girl in taiji...

quiet man
03-15-2004, 12:31 PM
I wish I had a girlfriend who trains ninjutsu and one day she would go to invisible mode and make love to me so I could tell all my friends I had sex with an invisible ninja woman.

Somebody help me, please.

omarthefish
03-15-2004, 03:29 PM
Bagua man!!! It looks awsome when girls play it. It's main characteristic is being sinewy and snake like and emphasising a flexible waist. Bagua chicks are HOT.

SanSoo Student
03-16-2004, 12:09 AM
Just like in black sash, that blonde chick in that show was pretty bonerific...:D

Mutant
03-16-2004, 03:38 PM
my fiance' kicks azz. you would never think she was a fighter by looking at her because she's cute and friendly. :p
i met her in wing chun class a few years back. she was one of the senior students there, she has about 6 yrs experience in wing chun. before that she did several years of jujitsu and some kind of knife fighting, kali i think it was. now she's been training san shou with me for almost 2 years and she's planning to fight san da rules in a tournament soon. its great having a girl who is as crazy about martial arts as i am. we can keep the same workout schedule and push eachother to train harder. she's the first girlfriend i had that was like this, before i was always in the dog-house for spending to much time at the gym. now we're both there together. she is fiesty. when we get into fights over things it can get dangerous:eek:

norther practitioner
03-16-2004, 04:06 PM
Yeah, it can get dangerous dating a girl who actually know how to hit.... still can't hit em back, but they can now get annoyingly close to knocking you tf out.

Banjos_dad
03-16-2004, 04:16 PM
My girlfriend & I live together. She loves it that I train & is super encouraging & helps out. She is more into yoga & hiking, snow sports. She knows some self defense stuff. I'd like it if she trained too, but she's barely 30 & I'm 36, when I train I'm sweating & blotchy & gasping sometimes, I doubt she wants to see that. I also read a magazine article with a quote from I think a Choi Li Fut sifu who said, "Never let your girlfriend see you spar," kind of makes you think.
But yeah, if she hypothetically magically received kung fu and was a kung fu girl, of course that would be cool.

red5angel
03-16-2004, 04:17 PM
my wife's never had any formal training but she was a gutter punk for a while and apparently leanred to hit pretty solidly then. I can attest to that.
turns out NP's girl "beats" me pretty hard too.

norther practitioner
03-16-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey, welcome to the forum banjos_dad

Your guys school did that flag thing at the Alb. tournie (if I remeber correctly)... were you there?

Banjos_dad
03-16-2004, 05:36 PM
It was my senior kung fu brothers and sisters who were there, Sifu's pretty particular about who's selected to represent the school. Maybe someday! Our Sifu is Charles Lin, Lin's Martial Arts Academy/Chinese Culture Center.
Was it the Desert Dragon tournament? I hope you did well & also had a good time in Albuquerque, there's not exactly an overwhelming bonanza of good things to do here especially in winter.
I guess the cat's really out of the bag now since I confessed some kung fu sins on that other thread. Sorry Sifu & my friends from the morning class. No one else from school does/did those things!
We work tan tui constantly, while progressing through a curriculum of other forms. Sifu's from Taiwan & was immersed in martial arts all his life so we're real lucky to have him to learn from.
What's your school like? Im assuming you're Northern Shaolin too. Aren't we lucky to have found it or that it found us?
Glad to meet you & thanks for welcoming me. I've mainly been reading the posts so far.

blooming lotus
03-16-2004, 06:55 PM
I don't know about girlfriend..'cause I'm kinda not doing lesbian this life...but If I WAS going to hook up with a guy, he'd definately...without comprimise (nearly) have to be equally fit, or at minmium committed, equally competant in at least one art and willing to spar and/or trade notes....

or at least share a freakin workout session....

if I was looking........

who's got time for a partner anyway?????

MasterKiller
03-17-2004, 07:25 AM
BL,
You're gonna be hard-pressed to find someone as physically committed as you are...Your workouts scare me. :eek:

who's got time for a partner anyway?????

If you do not take the time, how can you ever find the time?

Mutant
03-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
Yeah, it can get dangerous dating a girl who actually know how to hit.... still can't hit em back, but they can now get annoyingly close to knocking you tf out.

aint that the truth brother...
but its certainly good for working your blocking and parrying skills.

norther practitioner
03-17-2004, 10:24 AM
aint that the truth brother...

word..

I'm just glad you didn't bring up pimp slappin'..

bl.. when you do, you'll realize a few things..

blooming lotus
03-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
BL,
You're gonna be hard-pressed to find someone as physically committed as you are...Your workouts scare me. :eek:

If you do not take the time, how can you ever find the time?

hard pressed?? ....LOL...you're telling me :p :D LOL again.....

I don't thinkI ask for that much in a partner, but I spend alot of time working out so if I can't share tat with you at least some of the time....baby, we just aint ever gonna see each other...

I 've done the whole boyfriend fiance trip...and don't get me wrong here because I lurv all my male friends, but EVERY DAY????

I know, as far as that goes I can be harsh, but honestly, I'm a softy...I just happen to have some serious goals and not enough time for interviews

cheers anyway :p :D :cool:

blooming lotus
03-17-2004, 05:38 PM
PS...I have been in love and he died...so now I'm over it and just a bit busy :eek: :cool: :)