PDA

View Full Version : bruce lee vs. mike tyson: from a gamers forum

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-12-2004, 04:29 PM
i quoted some of the best things said in my post which ill quote here. some pretty amusing stuff.

[edit] ... you may or may not want to bother reading my responses. they have been said here at least a thousand times ....

http://www.majistic.net/%7Eazaroth/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4819&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

there are many rumors surrounding bruce lee and i have seen almost everyone of these vomited forth on this thread.

ill try to address as many as i can.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bruce lee beat world champion MA's in less then 1-2round matches. he also is famous for fighting blackbelts without them even getting 1 block in (in 3 strikes).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

who did he fight. name one person.

quote:
another amazing thing he couuld do is the "1 inch punch" where you can stand that close and launch someone 8 feet from a punch.

i can do the one inch punch. and if i put a chair two feet behind you you're going to fall over it. it's a parlor trick that is used to give visual drama to a very non-mystical body mechanic.

quote:
anyways... him and his friend and later wc grandmaster william cheung (http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=22) are amazing athletes and martial artists.

he's on the bottom. that's emin boztepe on top.

quote:
so you take 8 punches per second x 8 and you got 1600 footpounds of damage per second. mike tyson at his best hits for 300-450 pounds per second.

?

quote:
bruce lee blocks and hits him 6 times in a second.

followed by mike hitting bruce once.

quote:
Anyone who knows **** about martial arts will vote Bruce Lee.

lol

quote:
Well, I'm fairly educated in the world of martial arts and fighting. When I say that I think Mike would win, it is not without thought. However, since it is totally hypothetical, and no real answer will come, to pursue this argument is pointless.

finally some sense.

quote:
there are excersizes for iron body/palm training that martial artists like him practiced to toughen up their bodies using breathing excersizes, medicine balls and more...

i'm familiar with some of these exercises and they arent going to help you if tyson punches you in the bread basket. they are going to help you if i punch you in the bread basket.

quote:
even mike tyson with a sword would get his ass kicked.

holy ****.

quote:
many believe he was poisoned by people while he was in china who had been threatining him for his last decade for teaching kung fu and white people outside of china. thats why later masters i believe moved out of china so they could teach more freely, such as william cheung, but thats just an assumption.

actually the one challenge match he did fight that we know of for sure was against wong jak man who had already been teaching kf to whites in china town for several years. here's a link about the fight:http://martialarts.about.com/gi/dyn...t/brucelee.html

quote:
how would a person that is in perfect health, excersizes ritually, doesn't do drugs or alcohol ...

well it's also been said that he did indeed do drugs and alchohol. it's all hear-say and i can't prove anything, but have you ever heard the dude talk on an interview? my guess is that he at least ate teh cannabis.

quote:
bruce lee was the best martial artist to ever live

holy ****!

==============================================

ok all of that said i am a big fan of brue lee's and i have a poster of him on my wall that is generally the first thing i see in the morning (for the record im not 16 ... i have a 4 year old and a wife and still have that ****ing poster up). the man was awesome. he was an incredible athlete, a very good martial artist, and most likely a really decent fighter. but that doesn't make him a superman.

one of the first things he wrote home to his friends about after moving to america was the fact that he was going to have to start doing something to compensate for his size. he said the guys in america were huge and were gonna crush him if he took a hit. i believe this is quoted in art of expressing the human body as well as other sources. as a small guy in the martial arts myself i can tell you that size definitely does matter .... i know it and bruce knew it. before i got sick i was able to hit like a truck. i don't mean hard for a little guy ... i was hitting ****ing hard. but no matter how hard i can hit it's not going to change the amount of damage im going to take from someone who outweighs me by 100lbs blasting me full force ... nor would it change the amount of damage bruce would take from mike. size doesn't have to be the winning factor in a fight but it is a factor. a big one.

bruce had tremendous power and his ridiculous speed is well noted by martial artists such as gene lebelle and chuck norris, but the odds are still stacked in incredibly in tysons favor. im not saying it's impossible that bruce could have one, but i do think it would be highly unlikely.

i dont mean to come across as an *******, but the links and info i have provided have been provided to me over years of the same argument and i guess it's an argument i have grown tired of.

rubthebuddha
03-12-2004, 04:36 PM
gda -- you sure that wasn't from a gheymer's forum?

honestly, some of that stuff just hurt to read. :(

David Jamieson
03-12-2004, 04:45 PM
man, just let the dreamers dream already for cripes sake.

I'll bet you steal candy from babies and pop balloons at the zoo too:mad:

:D

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-12-2004, 05:12 PM
i know i know ...

i almost ignored the thread, but it kept catching my eye ... over and over until i thought i'd just take a peak ... to humor myself more than anything else.

next thing i know im pounding on my keyboard like a viking miget with a mohawk.

rubthebuddha
03-12-2004, 05:30 PM
sometimes, gda, i think you have a direct connection to my imagination, because the thoughts you conjure up are as vivid as reality.

silly midget. :D

backbreaker
03-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Everything here is the most incorrect imaginable
Do these people have nothing better to talk about? WTF?

IronFist
03-13-2004, 12:42 AM
So who do you guys think would win? :D

Kristoffer
03-13-2004, 02:01 AM
quote:

lol :D

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-13-2004, 05:30 PM
that's the funniest one ... because in the context of the rest of the post it's ****ing serious.

bruce would own him in 30 seconds? agreed. maybe less. hell it depends on if he wanted to fight him in a match or kill him like on a street fight. those are two different stories.

a boxxer is a boxxer inside or out of the ring. a martial artist is a weapon when they are not in a tournament.

i do wing chun, and it often is not used in tournaments do to pressurepoint striking, eye gouging, throat hitting ect. many martial art forms are limited in compititions for safety reasons.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-13-2004, 05:31 PM
what's really funny is that on this forum we would all be absolutely certain that anyone saying anything like that was definately a troll ... and a fairly funny one at that.

.... but he's not ....

SevenStar
03-13-2004, 08:30 PM
"a boxxer is a boxxer inside or out of the ring. a martial artist is a weapon when they are not in a tournament."

I love this...:rolleyes: :D

FatherDog
03-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
"a boxxer is a boxxer inside or out of the ring. a martial artist is a weapon when they are not in a tournament."

I love this...:rolleyes: :D

Ten bucks says that the person responsible for that comment IS a weapon, in the sense that he's light enough that we could use him as a javelin or heavy enough to use as a siege weapon.

Kristoffer
03-14-2004, 06:54 AM
lmao

Chang Style Novice
03-14-2004, 10:12 AM
"Yeah, I reckon that's true, 'cause, if you were sending someone undercover to infiltrate the chinese mafia, you'd definitely want the world's most famous chinese film star, right?"

The word 'maroon' lends these wienerdogs unearned dignity.

Vash
03-14-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
"Yeah, I reckon that's true, 'cause, if you were sending someone undercover to infiltrate the chinese mafia, you'd definitely want the world's most famous chinese film star, right?"

The word 'maroon' lends these wienerdogs unearned dignity.

Indeed. But "moron" seems closer to fitting the bill.

Chang Style Novice
03-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Hey, I'm quoting Bugs Bunny here!:p

Former castleva
03-14-2004, 10:59 AM
i'm familiar with some of these exercises and they arent going to help you if tyson punches you in the bread basket. they are going to help you if i punch you in the bread basket.

Ha,ha.

Shaolinlueb
03-14-2004, 11:25 AM
only reason i think BL would have a chance over MT is because boxers dont know how to kick and are close range fighters. BL like to use a lot of kicks for long erange. but boxers arte quick with the feet and im sure could deliver devestating blows. so tis a 50/50 he said shge said type thing.

PHILBERT
03-14-2004, 05:14 PM
My personal favorite was

Originally posted by pgwyd
i'm sick of this argument, bruce lee would kick tysons ass even with just his chi'.

hehe, that is great.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-14-2004, 11:09 PM
i almost feel bad for the one guy you're arguing with philbert.

sometimes he makes sense and you realize he's not a complete moron, but then you spits all his delusions in your face and it makes you want to put rusty nails through his peepe.

SanSoo Student
03-15-2004, 12:22 AM
"bruce lee would kick tysons ass even with just his chi"

That guy is starting to sound like dimmakseminar...CHI BLAST!!!

PHILBERT
03-15-2004, 07:21 AM
Oh, God, I am in the library at school here giggling, cause I am trying to keep quiet, yet laugh. People are looking at me with weird expressions, I wish I could just burst out laughing without being kicked out. Thanks for that picture btw.

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-20-2004, 04:17 PM
yeah ... this is pretty childish bragging, but i owned that pawnd guy on the game.

i saw his character killing stuff so i stealthed up and robbed him. he then attacked my theif, but i had already stolen his bandages and he had no way to heal. i chased him around for a good 5 minutes yelling BRUCE LEE SUCKS over and over. he finally ran in his house where i couldnt get him before dying though.

SevenStar
03-20-2004, 10:35 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

dodger87
03-21-2004, 05:02 AM
What's funny is all of you guys joined that forum just to speak on that post and after that all the gamers just shut up except for a couple.

But in a fight wouldn't Bruce Lee be striking areas like the groin, kneecap, neck, arm pit and stuff like that? I don't think boxers are trained to defend those areas.

htowndragon
03-21-2004, 06:44 PM
bruce vs mike? hard one
1. bruce lee's one inch punch was reportedly to have a force of 300 pounds.
2. bruce was friggin fast
3. good martial artist, and had good footwork, something that tyson is lacking
HOWEVER..
1. tyson's boxing, if you have ever seen his low stance punch training on tv, was said by elder generation chinese martial artists to look like xinyi liu he chuan, and tyson was reportedly supposed to have gotten training form chinese martial artists.
2. boxers get additional training from martial artists, i have personally met one when i went to go wait for my sifu at grandmasteryee's tong long school, a big guy (forgot his name, supposedly ex-golden glove), who learned taiji and wanted to learn tong long.

odds can go both ways, but one is dead so i think tyson won using his "chi" at a distance without even touching bruce.

:D

Meat Shake
03-21-2004, 08:17 PM
I think I would win, so stop this stupid argument.

Vash
03-21-2004, 08:25 PM
Whomever first applied the Cinnabar Palm would be victorious.

Barring that, I think Royce'd choke both dem biches the hizzle out.

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by htowndragon

1. bruce lee's one inch punch was reportedly to have a force of 300 pounds.

It's also a known parlor trick...

2. bruce was friggin fast

and tyson hits friggin hard...

3. good martial artist, and had good footwork, something that tyson is lacking

Good hands, awesome knockout power, and a size advantage in tyson's favor.

1. tyson's boxing, if you have ever seen his low stance punch training on tv, was said by elder generation chinese martial artists to look like xinyi liu he chuan, and tyson was reportedly supposed to have gotten training form chinese martial artists.

who reported it? Is that documented anywhere?

2. boxers get additional training from martial artists, i have personally met one when i went to go wait for my sifu at grandmasteryee's tong long school, a big guy (forgot his name, supposedly ex-golden glove), who learned taiji and wanted to learn tong long.

not all of them do. I would venture to say that most of them don't. However, boxing IS a martial art.

htowndragon
03-21-2004, 09:16 PM
sevenstar-
whats the use of being big and strong, if you cant hit the other person? in your 7* mantis, does size matter? doesnt technique and skill matter more?

looks like people are losing faith in TCM. :(

CaptinPickAxe
03-21-2004, 09:19 PM
no, we're just being realistic.

Tyson is a real fighter, Lee was an actor. Plain and simple.

htowndragon
03-21-2004, 09:20 PM
anyone think that lam sang (jook lum mantis, very small guy) can beat someone up whose twice his size? three times? four times?

my sifu's friend in china, xu shi xi of chang qing lian's yin fu bagua zhang broke a K-1 fighters leg even though master xu is a very small guy...

im not saying bruce would win, and that doesnt matter cuz hez dead, but im talking baout size here

htowndragon
03-21-2004, 09:23 PM
tyson fights on HBO!!!!...:D

bruce lee was a real fighter too, and the only "actor" who was a real martial artist and actor at the same time

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-21-2004, 09:34 PM
no one's saying that little guys can't ever win. however pretending that size doesn't matter is ridiculous. it doesn't always have to be the winning factor, but it is a factor.

no one wants to take anything away from bruce either. he was better than most of us could ever hope to be. but that doesn't make him a superhero, and even if he had a chance at beating tyson he's certainly the underdog in the matchup.

FatherDog
03-21-2004, 09:36 PM

my sifu's friend in china, xu shi xi of chang qing lian's yin fu bagua zhang broke a K-1 fighters leg even though master xu is a very small guy...

Which K-1 fighter? When was this? What were the circumstances?

htowndragon
03-21-2004, 09:38 PM
no idea

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 09:50 PM
sevenstar-
whats the use of being big and strong, if you cant hit the other person? in your 7* mantis, does size matter? doesnt technique and skill matter more?

looks like people are losing faith in TCM. :(

c'mon, be real.... do you honestly believe he's so fast that Tyson would NEVER hit him? I hope not.

As for SevenStar, that's merely a screen name that I liked. I did a few years of longfist, but I'm mainly a bjj/judo/muay thai guy.

htowndragon
03-21-2004, 09:55 PM
well, we need to see the circumstances of this imaginary fight.
is it all out fuill contact, anything goes? if it is, i think bruce lee would have a chance if he finished it QUICK, hitting vital points get tyson before tyson can land anything solid on him. otherwise, tyson would probably win. who would win? doesnt matter, one is dead, would he have a chance tho? likely.

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 09:57 PM
anyone think that lam sang (jook lum mantis, very small guy) can beat someone up whose twice his size? three times? four times?

im not saying bruce would win, and that doesnt matter cuz hez dead, but im talking baout size here

if size didn't matter, there would be no weight divisions. Take us, for example - I'm a big, strong guy. let's say our skill level is equal. If I fight you, I have an advantage because I am stronger (assuming, since I've never met you, but I know how strong I am) That strength will come in handy as it is the one advantage that I have. Also, being bigger, I can absorb more damage than you. If we go to the ground, I've got more weight to put on you. Size definitely factors in.

Oh, which K-1 fighter was this? Did you see it? Did anyone tape it?

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 10:01 PM
tyson fights on HBO!!!!...:D

bruce lee was a real fighter too, and the only "actor" who was a real martial artist and actor at the same time

That's not true. Jackie Chan has more accounts of fights than Bruce lee. So do Samo hung and yuen biao.

htowndragon
03-21-2004, 10:03 PM
no idea, sorry i cant back that up, it was something my sifu told me but we didnt really go into detial about it. ill ask when i talk to him.

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 10:03 PM
We can also add billy blanks, lorenzo lamas and chuck norris to that list. What about Don Wilson? The list is actually pretty long.

htowndragon
03-21-2004, 10:06 PM
sorry, i cant back that one up at this point. my sifu told me about it about two months back, but we didnt go into too much detail on that ( we were discussing something else and it just came up to that) i will ask him when i talk to him again.

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 10:07 PM
no idea, sorry i cant back that up, it was something my sifu told me but we didnt really go into detial about it. ill ask when i talk to him.

Please do. I really, REALLY wanna know. No offense, but sometimes, you have to question things like that. here you have a professional level fighter who trains 5-6 hours a day, seven days a week, and someone who undoubtedly trains less than him...

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 10:09 PM
BTW, welcome to KFO

htowndragon
03-21-2004, 10:11 PM
jackie chan got more stunt training than actual martial arts (but in the jackie chan adventures though, him and uncle and jade and the rest of the j-team rock the house, they can even do chi spells :D). he also got hit by bruce's nunchaku in enter the dragon (read I Am Jackie Chan by...Jackie Chan), in that book it also said that sammo hung fought bruce lee and sammo stated that they were "about equal". sammo can fight, i agree with that, considering how many bar fights he was in, i think if he really fought bruce, his size probably gave him an edge, but no one saw the fight so i dont know if it is credible. chuck norris i think is a joke. steven seagal is supposedly pretty good. van damme is cut, but the majority of muay thai people ive talked to state that his muay thai sucks.

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 10:15 PM
notice that van damme and segal aren't on my list.

chan has had several real fights. He was with sammo during many of his fights back in the chinese opera days.

As someone who trained at one of Norris' schools, and also knowing that he's skilled both stand up and in grappling, norris is no joke.

htowndragon
03-21-2004, 10:16 PM
seven star-
thanks for welcoming me in.

to answer your thing about K-1 fighters training 5-6 hours daily, well my sifu told me that master xu trains 8 hours daily and his internal skill is exteremly extremely good. his fa jing (unleashing energy) is extremely powerful. he is a short stocky guy, and his picture and bio can be seen on the black taoist website www.blacktaoist.com

htowndragon
03-21-2004, 10:23 PM
my apologies about norris.

i have an example of brawn vs. internal power: an american (sorry ill get the name later) who was pretty buff went to see my grandmaster gong bao zhai (of gong bao tian bagua) in taipei. he stacked a pile of bricks up and smashed it. my grandmaster placed a stack flush on a table, laid the edge of his palm on the brick, and without pulling back up, gave his wrist a slight turn, and all the bricks broke. si gong gong bao zhai is a skinny and small man, but his internal skill was very high.

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm familiar with that site - several of it's contributors post here. What does this 8 hours consist of?

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 10:39 PM
my apologies about norris.

i have an example of brawn vs. internal power: an american (sorry ill get the name later) who was pretty buff went to see my grandmaster gong bao zhai (of gong bao tian bagua) in taipei. he stacked a pile of bricks up and smashed it. my grandmaster placed a stack flush on a table, laid the edge of his palm on the brick, and without pulling back up, gave his wrist a slight turn, and all the bricks broke. si gong gong bao zhai is a skinny and small man, but his internal skill was very high.

Awesome.

dodger87
03-22-2004, 06:50 AM
But what kind of fight will this be? All out full contact like a street fight where you can hit the groin etc...? I think Bruce Lee would win in this sort of fight.

CaptinPickAxe
03-22-2004, 06:53 AM
mike tyson...no holds barred...watch your ears...watch for elbows...

red5angel
03-22-2004, 08:28 AM
I like how everyone has a habit of writing off Norris, since he "only did" karate, while Bruce Lee is some sort of martial arts god.

SevenStar
03-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by dodger87
But what kind of fight will this be? All out full contact like a street fight where you can hit the groin etc...? I think Bruce Lee would win in this sort of fight.

Because....?

If tyson has the conscious thought of biting off an ear, I guarantee you he can "fight dirty" Plus, streetfighting is nothing new to tyson...

SevenStar
03-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
I like how everyone has a habit of writing off Norris, since he "only did" karate, while Bruce Lee is some sort of martial arts god.

me too.

MasterKiller
03-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by FatherDog

Ten bucks says that the person responsible for that comment IS a weapon, in the sense that he's light enough that we could use him as a javelin or heavy enough to use as a siege weapon. C'mon....we're talking about people on an Ultima message board. I don't think we should take their martial arts discussions too seriously. I imagine their actual fighting knowledge is limited to A-S-W-D technqiues, much like their dating knowledge is limited to ICQ all-nighters.

IronFist
03-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by SevenStar
BTW, welcome to KFO

Dude isn't it KFM now? I thought KFO had it's own, seperate board now.

Anyway, htowndragon, welcome to here, wherever here is.