PDA

View Full Version : TCM and headaches...

baji-boy
08-16-2001, 10:19 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before, but I was wondering if there are any treatments for the common headache?

Nexus
08-16-2001, 11:29 PM
maybe by GLW some time back about certain pressure points on the hand that can be massaged to reduce or get rid of a head ache. Search for that.

- Nexus

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you. - Sartres

Repulsive Monkey
08-19-2001, 11:25 AM
depends on what kind of headache it is. As far as syndromes( i.e. recognized complaints/conditions) are concerned, you treat a set of symptoms of a condition depending on how you got the headache. If the headache has of its origin say a condition like Liver Yang Rising ( Temporal headaches of heat created by excess Yang in the Liver Rising up to the head region thus causing a headache) then one would treat it differently (and use different points) then maybe a headache got through Wind Cold Invasion of the Lungs (occipital headaches).

origenx
08-19-2001, 06:43 PM
No, but a "headache" is a good western treatment for s*x...

fiercest tiger
09-24-2001, 03:16 PM
boil ginger with a couple of pieces of chicken or any meat you want for flavour, drink the broth!

sends energy to the head and opens channels, hope this helps

cook for 1 and half hrs. :D

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Aramus
09-25-2001, 05:42 PM
This is difficult to answer to the ambiguity of the question. It could be something serious such as your spine out of alignment. If that is the case seek a quality Chiropractor to solve the problem. Be aware it my take a month (or months) to undo the damage already done.
It maybe due to stress, learning coping skills or ways to release stress (Qi gong, tai chi, stress ball, talking, exercise).
It could be due to doing exercise wrong, not getting enough oxygen to the right place at the right time.
It could even be something you have yet to solve in your life that keeps coming back as a headache. Rubbing your temples, pulling your hair at the sides of your head, massaging your webbing between your toes are all ways to relieve but not solve the problem. Pain is a sympton that something isn't right. Look for a solution.
Good luck, be strong.

Repulsive Monkey
09-26-2001, 12:19 PM
not trying to slight your helpful comments, but, drinking the broth may not be a good idea if the headache is heat related. If it is heat related then heat needs to be cleared from the body and as heat rises it will inevitably contribute to and probably develope the headache further. knowing the nature of the headache and its cause is the key.

fiercest tiger
09-29-2001, 09:13 AM
i put info here like everyone else, im no Dr. he should get a check up before attempting anyones post here regardless.

but you are right on what you said! cheers...

;)

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Repulsive Monkey
09-29-2001, 09:34 PM
I thank you, I didn't want to step on your toes with that comment, but it's nice to know that people like you and others obviously have good contributions and intentions towards matters of other peoples health.

It's that kind of compassion via knowledge that keeps the world moving, and a better place.