PDA

View Full Version : Pan Nam WC in NYC???????

Phil Redmond
03-14-2004, 07:45 AM
I just sent some Pan Nam clips to be uploaded at http://www.wck-media.co.uk . They're not up yet. Anyway,the SLT and CK forms looked familiar to me. While I was still in YMWC I studied a mainland version of WC at a school in NYC called the Five Tigers School located at 120 Duane St. There were five Sifus teaching there, hence the name. One was Nelson So (So Shin Kai -SP)? who taught Northern Shaolin, The Grandmaster of Shuai Jiuao, a Wu Mei Sifu and two other Sifus. It was probably in the late 70's and I don't remember the WC Sifu's name but the SLT form I learned was like the one on the Pan Nam clips I uploaded. At that time I didn't understand that there were different lineages in the WC family and I didn't think it looked like WC was "supposed" to be like so I only stayed a couple of months. I only learned SLT, but I watched my SiHings do Chum Kiu. From what I remember the forms look like the forms in the PNWCK clips. Does anyone here know if there was ever a Pan Nam Sifu in NYC back then?