PDA

View Full Version : it's almost that time!

doug maverick
03-15-2004, 08:57 AM
ladies and gentlemen! thursday that right this thursday is the opening for: White Eyebrow and the Destruction of Shaolin , come check it out i promise you'll enjoy yourself, real kung fu by real martial artist.(URL:http://www.whiteeyebrowplay.com) trust me it's worth the price admission. the play is this thursday the 18th, tell sunday the 21st. check out the site for more details.

p.s.
the guy doing the sloppy halberd is me(i wasn't prepared when they shot i was just goin through some moves and i didn't know they were filming me.)

Hungfutkune
03-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Hello Doug,

Came across this post by accident but I am very happy that I did.
I used to be a Martial Artist (trained Hung Gar for 4 years). I also trained as an Actor for about 6 years doing everything from film and TV and lots of stage work in Canada. Yes that's right Theater where most of the people that do Stage combat come from a Shakespeare or english style of fighting (eg. fencing).

I have always wanted to find plays that would blend my past experiences together.

I applaud you and your group for doing a Martial Arts style play, which I rarely if ever seen. I have a small Theater company in Vancouver BC which I have produced and directed a number of plays. I would be extremely interested in reading some of the Martial arts Plays that you have come across or written.

I am currently living in Shanghai, but when I return to Canada I will definetly produce another Play. Please feel free and pm me and we can discuss this further if it interests you. Hope to hear from you soon!

doug maverick
03-19-2004, 12:13 PM
i sent you a pm yesterday! i hope you got it i have plenty of ideas as well as the playwrite for this play David Blanc, he has a ma in english from combia and he's one of the best writers (besides myself of course,LOL) i know. like i said in the pm i would love to work with you. i'm writing you a treatment for a play i had in mind for wu song from the liang shan marsh outlaws. okay man peace and keep in touch.

Hungfutkune
03-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey Doug,
I just sent you a PM. It's got my contact info on it. Shoot me an email when you get a chance.
BREAK A LEG!!!!!