PDA

View Full Version : Broken Arrows

PaulH
03-15-2004, 09:23 AM
Hendrik,

Since you brought this interesting subject up, I wonder if you can clarify this question. How is it that when you do pole work, it is not broken arrows but it is when your arms are extended outside the circle drawn from your other free leg? When you kick or punch with the intention of driving him through his position, wouldn't the limbs fully be extended at some point for a full power release?

Thanks,
PH

Phenix
03-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by PaulH
Hendrik,

Since you brought this interesting subject up, I wonder if you can clarify this question. How is it that when you do pole work, it is not broken arrows but it is when your arms are extended outside the circle drawn from your other free leg it would be? When you kick or punch with the intention of driving him through his position, wouldn't the limbs fully be extended at some point for a full power release?

Thanks,
PH

Great questions.

May be after you experience no broken arrow you will tell us why?
Let you holistic body tell the story but not the logical theoritical mind. :D

Beside, if I told you she is blonde and sexy, you might think it is Kim Basinger and I mean Diaz. Because you have never saw Diaz before.

Example:
you still asked me "When you kick or punch with the intention of driving him through his position, wouldn't the limbs fully be extended at some point for a full power release?" :D

I have told you not to use spear to strech poke but using arrow and bow to shoot right? is it a sending art or a strecthing art? :D

Mind theoritize work only after you attain the holistic experience. otherwise, it is just a fantasy no different then the scene in the movie theather. That is very important to know. To live beyond mind is first has to understand not using the mind. But open the heart and observe. If one keep using one type of logic patten and keep derive with it, one is locked in one's mind and cannot live beyond one's mind. Zen is about knowing when to shut off this logical theoritical looping mind and thoughts to experience something fresh. Like Jamba juice or starbuck coffee experience :D

cant drink tea all the time because the Zen master tell you to empty your tea cup. Next time when the Zen master repeat the same old same old slogan. Invite him to Starbuck for a espresso with paper cup. :D

As for the pole question, think, when we grap a big General kwan knive are we grap it so that it dead rigid mount on one's hand or one makes use of the momentum of the big kwan knive.. That is level two.... motion. and one cannot solve level 2 issue with level 1 experience based logic.

What do you thing? :D

Ernie
03-15-2004, 09:59 AM
hey

don't hold the power
release [ shoot ] the power from a stable platform

if you hold the power it will take you with it
if you just shoot it your platform and balance will be uninterrupted

to much thinking will cause you to hold as well
so don't worry just do it , the body allready knows what to do , t's the mind that is stubborn

Phenix
03-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Ernie

so don't worry just do it , the body allready knows what to do , t's the mind that is stubborn

Ernie,

you are more Zen then Paul. hahahaha

Now quit that fighting fighting mind of you too. those sucks. :D
It is Paris Hilton not Diaz this time.

watch it and dont think!
see, wave surfing is great, one can be both cold and hot. If you know what I am talking about. hahahahahaha ;)

Go back to Nguyen Mai......

Phenix
03-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Oh, I collect royalty if you use my Broken Arrow term, the drawing circle way to teach yourself and kids or your students or your grand student.....

So, you need to pay me with An Open heart a day to quitely listen to one person ( not the same one everyday :D range from your Sifu, to your Gf's mom, or your mom, or... me or yourself ) you feel boring or whining at you, open the heart find out what he and she really wants and how she/he thinks with patient. That is the fee for royalty store in the world OPen heart bank! :D

In the mean time, I am sitting in the beach experience those cold and hot. Pual, nah, not Diaz, it is Paris :D

BTW. I am not John Travota but trying to open my heart to understand/ experience What the heck he is Doing with those Saturday nigh fever move. :D Those moves are a no no for Traditional Chinese like me, but those moves might be good for a lively spine. :D

Ernie
03-15-2004, 10:21 AM
hendrik

new question but along the same lines , I spent some time with some of the visiting wing chun students yesterday .
they have been training for over 10/15 years very devoted and strict .
we were discussing punching and power , one in particular was very proud of his ability to punch very fast , he said I can punch 25 times in 3 seconds . and he tried to show me . he though I would be impressed
after he was done I just laughed and asked him what the hell are you doing . he didn't like that and continued to tell me how he could hit me so many time's
I said cool called his bluff and said hit me , I put up a hand and walked right through his punches sure it stung little
but would never stop me from coming in .

he looked amazed said my wing chun is very good , I said no it's not that you just don't have any power
I explained that the faster you repeat an action the less time you have to build power , no time to let the mind and body relax and contract with intent , I said better to hit 1 or 2 times with explosiveness and get good results then to hit 50 and just be tired

I explained he used a long triangle were the ends of the hands contained all the energy instead of using a medium or short triangle were the body is the propulsions system .

I then used short structure to bounce him , then the same idea to hit him . he was very confused

how would you have explained this idea to him

Phenix
03-15-2004, 10:31 AM

how would you have explained this idea to him

O, you have to clearly know who is Paris yourself.

1, hahahhaaha, do it your way but start with an open heart to listen ( remember Mun Sau?:D). He is not going to know who is Paris but keep thinking Diaz.

2, you make him watch the opera of Paris until he is sooooo attracted and want to find our who is she with all cost, even sold his underware. :D

3, theN you use the circle, the triangle.... WHAT EVER as analogy /rule of thumb......etc... and tell him to shut up (n since he is willing to even sell his underware, he will do it. :D) but repeat and practice and explain in his own words to you what are you talking / asking him to do about until you satisfied --- meaning he can do the shoot. ( sorry that is the job of a sifu, you want the title, you pay for it. :D)

Repeat 1,2,and 3 again and again. until he "experience" it, then explained.

UKTUNG! DONOT EXPLAIN WHO IS PARIS WHEN HE IS KEEPING THINKING DIAZ AND HAVE NO IDEA WHO IS PARIS.

IT IS ZEN, USING THE EYES TO KNOW PARIS, NOT USING THE MIND WITHOUT A CLUE OF PARIS.

Ernie
03-15-2004, 10:37 AM
got to get past his mind/ego first :)

back to the full or empty tea cup thing

sadly i don't have time , they will return to there own countries soon , all i can do is show a different way

but what happens if you fly to paris to meet diaz :D

Phenix
03-15-2004, 10:41 AM

1, got to get past his mind/ego first :D

2, but what happens if you fly to paris to meet diaz :D

Got him so high that he thinks he is BRUCE LEE !

Then you have a double problem man.

Your GF might think you "Fly with paris hilton to meet diaz" with her logic :D .

Phenix
03-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Paul

Broken Arrow or not?

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?aid=187318&item=328054

hehehehehe

PaulH
03-15-2004, 10:53 AM
What do I think?

I feel Zen today. Ha! Ha!

Regards,
PH

PS. The turtle is wholesome enough for Parisian soup!

Phenix
03-15-2004, 11:05 AM

PS. The turtle is wholesome enough for Parisian soup!

you mean PARIS - in -a soup? :D

What Broken Arrow has to do with paris? :D

Phenix
03-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Pual,

http://www.zombo.com/

I love this. Sound like Bodhi Dharma /Damo speaking english.

He is saying ZEN-BO.com meaning Zen Pole, Not Zombo.

So, asked Damo man. He knows it all in Shao lin. :D

PaulH
03-15-2004, 11:12 AM
You know Frenchies love turtle soup. I thought it would be ideal for another Babette's Feast in Paris. No. Broken arrows has nothing to do with Paris. You guys answer my question. Thanks.

Phenix
03-15-2004, 11:19 AM
You know Frenchies love turtle soup. I thought it would be ideal for another Babette's Feast in Paris. .

which paris are you talking about?

http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?aid=631935&item=421281

or

http://www.hilton-paris.com/

:D

PaulH
03-15-2004, 11:30 AM
My eyes hurt. It's hard to decide between the simple heart's desire and soaring imagination and aesthetic grace! Ha! Ha!

Phenix
03-15-2004, 11:34 AM
My eyes hurt. It's hard to decide between the simple heart's desire and soaring imagination and aesthetic grace! Ha! Ha!

Good, atleast now you dont just think you Open your eyes to LOOK. :D

Phenix
03-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Hey guys,

I am going to vacation again. So have fun and keep LOOK!

PaulH
03-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Great, Hendrik! Bring us more tidings of your tales later! Bon Voyage!