PDA

View Full Version : This month's issue of Classical Fighting Arts Magazine - Good Article

Kymus
03-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Generally, the only martial arts magazine i really read is Kung Fu Tai Chi, but I still try to see if there are any interesting articles in the others when I go to the book store. In this month's Classical Fighting Arts mag, they have the last article on "The Complete History of Tae Kwon Do". I haven't read the 3 articles prior to this one, but I am considering ordering some back issues because of this. The whole article was very long, and very indepth and talked about how TKD went from a mixture of Japanese arts (like Shotokan) to a complete re-hash and something basically Korean-made. I really enjoyed reading it, I'd really suggest it as a good read for anyone else. Has anyone else seen this article? What did you think?

rogue
03-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Those are some really well done articles. I'm just ****ed that my wife thought my old Dragon Times were just old newspapers and donated them to a Boy Scout paper drive.:mad: :( :eek:

Kymus
03-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by rogue
Those are some really well done articles. I'm just ****ed that my wife thought my old Dragon Times were just old newspapers and donated them to a Boy Scout paper drive.:mad: :( :eek:

omfg... that sux man!

rogue
03-15-2004, 09:58 PM
Yeah but it's only paper.

Kymus
03-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Paper full of memories.

I dug up a really old MA mag from 95 or later one day, and I read this really long interview with Benny The Jet. I tottally don't remember reading that before. It was really awesome tho. A lot of my old mags have kinda magically disapeared.

SevenStar
03-15-2004, 11:28 PM
I've got some issues of black belt and of karate/kung fu illustrated from 1986 laying around.

cerebus
03-16-2004, 01:17 AM
I have some really great old issues of Inside Kung Fu, Black Belt, Official Karate, Karate Illustrated and Secrets of Kung Fu from the '70s. '70s MA mags are really interesting to look at, a "blast from the past". :D

mickey
03-16-2004, 05:49 AM
Greetings,

I have about five hundred martial arts magazines. They tend to help my psycometric memory. When I pick up one to read, I get a lot of memories from the time the magazine came out. For that reason it is hard to let them go. I have been planning to cut out the articles that I liked, just to create room; it has been ten years already and I have yet to start doing that.

mickey

Dim Wit Mak
03-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Hey mickey, you're a "keeper" just like me. Im married to a tosser, so other types of marital stress, such as finances, take a back seat to the "Why don't you throw this crap away?" arguments.

rogue
03-16-2004, 10:21 AM
I've got a couple from the mid to late seventies. Helluva lot more informative than the new crop of mags.

Kymus
03-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by rogue
I've got a couple from the mid to late seventies. Helluva lot more informative than the new crop of mags.

I wouldn't be suprised. I remember I used to read these video game mags when I was like 13 or 14 and each one was huge. Packed with all kinds of stuff. Now days, they're thin as ever. what the heck?

mickey
03-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Yes I am a keeper, Dim Wit Mak,

And it may be for that reason alone that your wife married you (you would never throw her away) and she is not even conscious of it. :)

mickey