PDA

View Full Version : If most people think CMC taiji is lame, what is Gao or "Old Yang Dim Mak pressure poi

backbreaker
03-15-2004, 07:23 PM
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10544&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

and

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28741

BAI HE
03-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Yeah, Gao style BGZ is so lame I offered you a free lesson Nancy.
Sorry you can't make it.

I hope you find an art that satisfies your needs, other than eating corn the long way.

Grow up and grow a **** Shirley.

Gat an opinion, get a spine, get some help and try to learn something... anything useful.

This is all the advice I have for you. You Dink.

Best,
Pete

backbreaker
03-15-2004, 08:57 PM
An opinion you want. I think the Gao guy shows no idea of what is called in Daoist qigong "soft palm" or "cotton palm". I think this is apparent in CMC style. I won't post a link of a site which I think shows good "cotton palm" because I respect them. Without soft palm you cannot pump qi through the body with opening and closing

backbreaker
03-15-2004, 09:22 PM
I was also specifically shown this and felt it in Xinyiluihequan, on a strike you suck in the laogong point in the middle of the palm

omarthefish
03-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Um.....? Gao style? According to the post in the link you put up that was a bunch of taiji clips. What the keck are you talking about.

First a clip of two guys kickboxing that you think is Xing Yi.

Now a bunch of Taiji clips that you think have something to do with Bagua.

:confused:

backbreaker
03-16-2004, 12:04 AM
You're confused cause you think I'm Unmatchable. No, I'm not him.

My personality on these forums was created by these guys(bai hui) in response to them

Unmatchable
03-16-2004, 12:53 AM
you can call me Enforcer aka Unmatchable aka Strangler.

bamboo_ leaf
03-16-2004, 01:07 AM
My personality on these forums was created by these guys(bai hui) in response to them

Can some one please tell Bai He, that one of his personalities is lose, and in need of help :(

GroungJing
03-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Another great attempt

What's your point little trolls...........................?

Looks like a bunch of instructors either, giving the master respect in his old age (which is customary in many arts) * or a bunch of instructors goofing off with the master.

again.....So what’s your point little trolls…… ?

It’s funny we have two trolls on at once…

Unmatchable and Back breaker Hmmmm.......

Both smack of the same mentality and maturity, probably both of you are the same person just posting under different e-mails.

You both even have the same MO You both use Bull****o extensively and like to laud your extensive pretend internet knowledge of submission wrestling.

Unmatchable…..you cant write or formulate a logical thought so you cut and past ………

Backbreaker…when you do write you still haven’t formulated a logical thought .

Both of you sound like you’re under eighteen ……

by the way..................
From Ueshiba (aikido) Kano (judo) and even Yang Chen Fu this type of respect was given to them in their later years… during demo’s etc…..Surely your not going to call the father of judo a fake are you?

What would you do? beat the hell out of an old man using techniques he perfected....oh yea .....

You haven't any respect........no respect translates into no discipline. Without one you can't have the other...this tells me both of you don't have any experience in any art what's so ever.....

GroungJing
03-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by backbreaker
I was also specifically shown this and felt it in Xinyiluihequan, on a strike you suck in the laogong point in the middle of the palm

I wasn't aware this style grew on trees.....
Must be a kwoon on every corner.........

or did you learn the technique from a video?

backbreaker
03-16-2004, 10:49 AM
I learned xinyi luihe in person. I am not trying to bash CMC style, I seem to have gone so far completely over your head, that you think I am Unmatchable. I have permission to teach CMC style but I don't. I was probably Unmatchables age when I was given a Taiji class by my instructor to take over. You're just an idiotic Bai He fanboy and you just can't beleive in IMA can you

backbreaker
03-16-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm goint to say that CMC style is good, and I have used it on uncooperating sparring opponents. The weakness in it, is in that it is lacking spiral energy. In the videos sometimes the people fall forward onto the old guy, but he does not turn with opening/closing and turning the waist, so the people fall forwand onto him, and he can also let them fall off him. It would have been nice to see someone fly back in the air though launched, but putting structure down is also important.

I am not the bad guy or the troll here, EF is what is wrong, not me. They are the ones confused about IMA EMA qigong neigong qi etc. They don't understand that IMA is fighting, because they don't fight but they think they have the real Internal because they spar or nutride BJJ

Unmatchable
03-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by GroungJing
by the way..................
From Ueshiba (aikido) Kano (judo) and even Yang Chen Fu this type of respect was given to them in their later years… during demo’s etc…..Surely your not going to call the father of judo a fake are you?

What would you do? beat the hell out of an old man using techniques he perfected....oh yea .....

You haven't any respect........no respect translates into no discipline. Without one you can't have the other...this tells me both of you don't have any experience in any art what's so ever.....

Note Kano did demonstrations or demos during his later years as you wrote. During his earlier years he actually sparred and fought using those techniques.

And the thing that me and backbreaker aka serious harm share is we were both banned from emptyflower.

shawnsegler
03-16-2004, 01:22 PM
uh huh...right.

You "both" should change your "names" to become the single unstoppable superbeing known as "straightjacket".

Don't be ashamed. Shchizophrenia only makes you "handy-capable".

S

backbreaker
03-16-2004, 01:32 PM
:rolleyes: What a useless non martial unintelligent post

shawnsegler
03-16-2004, 01:36 PM
you got me there.

Sorry man...I won't try and talk all unintelligent like that anymore...I'm not an ontopic, smart guy like you.

I know when I'm licked.

Bye.

Sorry again.

Sorry.

S

PHILBERT
03-16-2004, 01:43 PM
I've already done an IP check on Unmatchable and backbreaker. In fact, I did that yesterday afternoon. They are not the same. If they are, then they are posting from 2 seperate internet service providers because the provider and the IP address do not match. In fact, for every IP check I've done on backbreaker, his stayed the same, as did Unmatchable, so there was no "accidental" post from the same IP. They are 2 seperate people.

backbreaker
03-16-2004, 01:45 PM
:rolleyes: Really, I'm not Unmatchble, go figure. Coming from someone who gains inspiration from wong jack man vs. bruce lee:D Hope that comment isn't crossing the line

PHILBERT
03-16-2004, 01:56 PM
We all get our inspiration from somewhere :p

And the Wong Jack Man vs Bruce Lee is not my only source for inspiration.

backbreaker
03-16-2004, 04:26 PM
HERE IS MY OPINION FROM TRAINING AND INSTRUCTING CMC STYLE-

Too much emphasis on tui shou vs. emphasis on the internal. I have gained better internal faster in systems like Chen new style and Old Yang style. Okay? But when someones saying it's dim mak and pressure point fighting, I'm like huh?

Repulsive Monkey
03-17-2004, 09:39 AM
May I enquire as to how long you have been studying CMC style and under who did you get permission to teach it?

The thing is I know for a fact that CMC style is most certainly effective in fight situations, Cheng Man-ching proved it in his day, his Taiwanese students proved it in their day too, and their students can prove it too. I cannot speak for the American branch of CMC style Taiji practitioners because to my knowledge aswell as not getting all his art, Prof. Cheng openly admitted that he didn't teach too much of the fighting side in America which he pretty much gave to all his 12 Taiwnese disciples.

backbreaker
03-17-2004, 10:08 AM
ABout 9 years I've been doin it, under Eric Eastman, an instructor of Tchoung ta Tchen who I also met and learned from. Solo form, push hands( tui shou), 2 person forms, sword, 2 person sword form. After around 5 years I was given a class to take over. I don't teach Taiji now anymore, and I'm doing other things. I really enjoyed it, and found it practical for fighting. I'm just not gonna be the next UFC champion or anything like that from my training though. Before learning the Old Yang style though, I switched to Chen style, nothing against Old Yang, it was just my choice to do New frame Chen style. I kind of got a new level of spiral energy from Chen style, but that could have more to do with me and how I learn than the style maybe. You can see that people thought the video on bullshido sucked, so I don't want to say it was really good, but I really don't think it is fake or acting because I have done some of those tyhings myself but I'm sure not as well, I like CMC style taijiquan.

BAI HE
03-17-2004, 06:04 PM
What kind of "fighting" did you find it useful for?

Obviously IMA guys like myself don't fight. Both Cerebus and I offered to fight you. If you have some experience maybe we could share in person since you realy know what your doing and have grasped the true essence of IMA.

Best,
Pete

backbreaker
03-17-2004, 06:37 PM
I never came here to street fight you. I am nothing special, and neither are you. I am convinced that 99% of you are bs

BAI HE
03-17-2004, 06:59 PM
How did you reach the conclusion that 99 percent of us are BS?
You are a Tai Chi "Teacher" you sould know how to fight before you teach anyone anything about TaiJI. Are you just teaching the health aspects?

Best,
Pete

PS - Since you are a public teacher, shouldn't you state your real name and class schedule?

backbreaker
03-17-2004, 07:01 PM
I don't teach at all. I taught in College, and no longer practice that style. I now do Wild goose and other qigongs. If I want to fight I'll do Muay Thai not fight you, I know all sorts of applications, but I'm not too great or anything, I don't want to fight you, you probably suck

BAI HE
03-17-2004, 07:13 PM
/
I never declined an invitaion on the basis that I thought my opponent would "suck". You must have extraordinary powers. Qi-Gong and MT? Good choice. So if you resort to MT to fight, why do you say that I do not understand IMA fighting? I use it and will.

That's what is all about right? I don't understand that, but I'm not the one dropping my training to take up MT in the event of an actual fight? Am I a wannabee?

So you don't understand IMA and can't use it? How did you feel about teaching it then? Is that ethical in your eyes?

Best,
Pete

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-17-2004 06:10 PM

Unmatchable
03-17-2004, 07:27 PM
I still haven't seen ima sparring that didn't look like mma and the stuff ive seen the people cross trained in vale tudo or something else containing aliveness and used that instead.

backbreaker
03-17-2004, 07:32 PM
This internet stuff is all bs. I'm not gonna say, yeah Taiji is the ****, and Muay Thai people I know by chance are browsing this forum. Turning this aroun, who do you fight bai he? Are you a fighter?

BAI HE
03-17-2004, 07:42 PM
"I still haven't seen ima sparring that didn't look like mma and the stuff ive seen the people cross trained in vale tudo or something else containing aliveness and used that instead."

Because Gung-Fu is fighting. Fighting is ugly, Kick-- strike-- throw -- break-- sweep-- trip-- choke--

Fighting is unreheared and ugly. IMA and CMA forms are pretty, the fighting is fuctional and nasty.

Fighting is fighting. There are only so many ways you can move 2 arms and 2 legs. Im IMA, You learn to move the body to maximize power...

BAI HE
03-17-2004, 07:46 PM
"This internet stuff is all bs."

And you with it. You have a lot of wind an no sails, big hat and no cattle. At least you know who I am and where you can find me.

"I'm not gonna say, yeah Taiji is the ****, and Muay Thai people I know by chance are browsing this forum."

You don't take any chances do you? You like to talk a lot of poo-poo though.

"Turning this aroun, who do you fight bai he? Are you a fighter?"

Just waiting for you pal

I fought long brfore I ever studied Ma's and I'll probably fight some more before I croak.

Report this post to a moderator