PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Teachers in las Vegas Area

tsinshan
03-15-2004, 09:47 PM
I have been a student of Kung Fu since 1979 and a student of Wing Chun since 1989. My sifu is Ben Der of San Jose, CA. I have been a teacher since moving to Boulder City south of Las Vegas in 1997. While I am caucasian all of my teachers have been Chinese from Southern China. My schooling before wing chun was in Tai Chi Chuan and Northern Shaolin
I am looking for students for my school I'd like to expand in Boulder City.

my web page is www.bcwingchun.com.

Yung Apprentice
03-16-2004, 01:36 AM
Aside from sticky hands, is there any sparring done at your school?

I liked your website. I would like to visit your school one day, but Boulder City is a bit a ways from me, especially since I currently have no vehicle.:(

But it's good to know there is another KF school out here, and that the martial arts community here is growing strong.

BTW, Have you thought about having an add in the yellow book? It's the first place ppl will look for, when searching for a martial arts school.

tsinshan
03-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Sparring is part of the training in my school. I do stress the self defense side of WC and my teaching includes applications and reasons for the importance of the basic forms. While the forms are traditional if you've been to any other WC schools you will find some variations in the forms taught. My sifu and seigung have just returnd from 2 weeks in their native Hong Kong. The lineage shown on my web page shows traditional connection to our fighting forms. Leung Sheung was a street fighter.

Sifu Lin

yuanfen
03-16-2004, 08:00 AM
yung apprentice- sez-

BTW, Have you thought about having an add in the yellow book? It's the first place ppl will look for, when searching for a martial arts school.
----------------------------------------------------------
Each to his own-
A passing comment- yellow pages? Egads-
a serious MA student should have to hunt a bit more to find a teacher. Yellow pages can tell you a little bit- but not much.

Steve Leung in LV is not in the yellow pages.

Phil Redmond
03-16-2004, 10:59 AM
I think Blaine Collins is still teaching.

mossman
03-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Bradley Temple

Nevada
Las Vegas Association:

Lineage: Lo Man Kam > Bradley Temple

E-mail: wingchun888@aol.com
URL: http://www.lomankamwingchun.com
tel: 702-838-9305

pvwingchun
03-16-2004, 01:33 PM
I lived in Boulder City for several years in the 70's and 80's and my family still lives there. I get into town often and am always looking to visit other kwoons. I was just there a few weeks ago but did not know you were in town I usually visit kwoons in Las Vegas. Next time I am in I will stop by and visit.

Yung Apprentice
03-16-2004, 01:46 PM
A passing comment- yellow pages? Egads-a serious MA student should have to hunt a bit more to find a teacher. Yellow pages can tell you a little bit- but not much

Quite true. But when I firsted started my search for a school, I had no idea where to start. Thats when I first came across this site. I annoyed the cr@p out of everyone on here, on about schools here, and it took weeks to months before I got replies. Word of mouth does not travel very well in this particular city. Many ppl wouldn't have had the patience or the time on their hands, to look for a good school. It would be nice if that info was easier to find. Besides, just because a school is listed in the yellow pages, doesn't mean it's not a good school or that it's and MCkwoon/dojo. I've come across some good schools out here, that were in the yellow pages, including the BJJ school I used to attend.

Phil Redmond
03-16-2004, 02:50 PM
I tried to PM you. Your inbox is full. Got your message. Understood.
R U coming to Jersey?

Ultimatewingchun
03-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Phil:

Yes I am.