PDA

View Full Version : sore throat

stubbs
03-16-2004, 02:17 PM
i've got a really bad sore throat for about the 3rd time in 6 months! i can shake a cold or flu off in a day or two but for some reason when i get a sore throat i get it bad and it stays with me. i've had this one for about 2 weeks so far and its not getting any better. i've tried garggling with salt, asprin, various mouth washes etc but it wont shift.

any ideas why i seem to get them but anything else that goes around doesn't really affect me? anything im eating or not eating that might be making it worse?

please help!
________
Cheap generation mp5a5 heavy airsoft loaded (http://airsoft-shop.info/p/generation-mp5a5-heavy-airsoft-loaded/)

MasterKiller
03-16-2004, 02:28 PM
If it's reoccurring and hard to shake, it sounds like allergies. Try taking some over-the-counter Allegra next time and see if you notice a difference.

I didn't develop allergies until I was 25.

norther practitioner
03-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Either Allergies (one end) or you might need to get those tonsils out (the other end). Why not see a doctor?

Pork Chop
03-16-2004, 03:05 PM
stubbs

I've been going through the EXACT same thing.

I finally went to the doc.

In my case, the tubes of my inner ear were blocked, so the drainage that usually goes through those tubes was building up.
The stress on the tubes fired up the surrounding nerve clusters, so it felt like I had a bad sore throat on the right side (right ear clogged); sometimes I also felt pain behind my tongue on the right side.

The doc put me on some antihistamines and had me using a nasal decongestant (NeoSynephrine - Phenylephrine HCl).
Shoot the nasal decongestant up the nose, lean my head back and to the right, and it breaks up the gunk blocking up my ears.

Your case may be different, but the trip to the doc is definitely worth it. My case cleared right up and I can finally work out again after a month or 2 of slackin.

stubbs
03-16-2004, 03:54 PM
thanks for the replies! i think its another trip to the docs for me then. i went the first couple of times i had it bad and they said to gargle with asprin and they gave me some penicillin which cleared it up after a while (although i think by the time i went to the docs it was clearing up anyway).

i never thought of it being an allergy problem before. can you be allergic to whey? i noticed the glands on my neck started to swell alot more when i started taking protein shakes for the first time about a week or so ago. i remember reading somewhere that whey is an immune booster (not sure how true that is) so i was wondering if its my immune system going nuts. hope im not allergic to the whey! it tastes sooo good!!

BMB, was your hearing affected at all? doesn't sound nice, im glad ur feeling better! hope the doc can sort me out soon!

thanks again all
________
Portable vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/portable-vaporizers)

Pork Chop
03-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Mine might be an allergy; probably to the pollens or whatever in the air. If it is, it'd be my first at age 26.

My hearing wasn't noticeably affected. My family has notoriously bad hearing on both sides. Both of my little brothers have had extensive surgery on their ears; both having major problems with the tubes I was talking about. I pretty much have the best hearing in my family, which is very, very sad.

IronFist
03-16-2004, 08:32 PM
I've had that sore throat on one side thing before, too. When I got mono, my ears got pretty messed up, too.

Chen
03-20-2004, 02:43 PM
from a chinese medical point of view, a sore throat is characterised by heat in the body. This can be caused by a number of reasons such as food you eat or over training and not recovering properly.

There are other reasons too, but for a fuller answer try posting the same question on the chinese medical section.

chen

Pork Chop
03-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Got another one gawd friggin demmit...
Nasal spray kinda worked, as did allergy medication.
Thinkin about poppin some left over antihistamines.
this one feels different than the other one.
closer to what i know of strep.
think it was caused by stress and bad sleep.
i'm getting rid of my mouth piece just in case.
fugg it i'm not gonna rest.
i'll rest when i'm in the hospital.

stubbs
03-30-2004, 01:46 PM
i've got another one thats threatening to some out. the doctor just gave me some more penicillin last time but i didn't take it and the sore throat went away on its own.

this one seems different too, since my last one went away i've had something that looks like a stinging nettle rash right at the back of the throat. doesn't bother me most of the time but every now and then it gets sore for an hour or so and then goes away. bit of an odd one but at least its not affecting my training anymore.
________
Bondage rubber (http://www.****tube.com/categories/401/rubber/videos/1)