PDA

View Full Version : best kung fu movie.

Shaolinlueb
03-16-2004, 07:18 PM
at least for me. i was thinking

it would have to contain

good kung fu (maybe some longfist, eagleclaw, and hung gar), zombie, chicks in school girl outfits with big guns. and deadly ninja's.
what i wouldnt want to see in it is cheesy computer flying and stuff. though some wire work is cool, cause the ninja's have to fly through the air somehow.

what would you want to see in one?

Vash
03-16-2004, 08:03 PM

Would have:

choreography done by actual, experienced martial artists

the action would be performed only by actual, experienced MAists.

Would NOT have Wushu

Traditional styles would be employed . . . preferrably a Southern vs Northern theme . . . with Southern being the eventual winner . . . 'cuz it's related to karate . . .

No wirework

Awesome camerawork which serves to frame the awesome kung fu

The martial artists would have to be top-knotch actors/actresses

Budget would have to be hooj][/].

Jim Lee would storyboard the whole thing.

Writing/Directing would have to be absolutely perfect.

Would have to be shot twice; once in Taiwan, once in America; a two-part [i]epic, each a complete story, but together they form . . . uh . . . a bigger story. Like Voltron.

Last fight seen must be 20min in length

All fights must be realistic. Blood, injuries, peeps getting winded, etc

In fact, all fights must last at least 10 minutes

In the end, the hero has to come out on top.

Now, we just need to make the perfect karate movie . . . everything I said, but substitute wushu for xma (suxors), and the version shot in china would be shot on Okinawa, but the actors would speak Hogen.

CaptinPickAxe
03-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Two guys..sharpened tooth brushes...both die in a fight to the death.

Sexy Ninjetes. Ripping clothing off of each other. orgy.

Gratuidous violence...no...x that...Over the top ultraviolence.

An old one armed swordman...a gang of midget ninjas...paranhas.

SanSoo Student
03-18-2004, 12:03 AM
One guy has to use a three sectional staff, and his opponent would have been his past friend, should use a spear. Differences occur, should be between a hot chick, and then they fight over her.

Some wire-work would be okay, I guess; but most shots should be wide angle. Fights should be with big crowds, or long solo fights.

norther practitioner
03-18-2004, 01:33 PM
seriously, good close ups of the footwork.

Oh, and Vash dying in a bloody mess when he figured out that he didn't really learn anything from the drunken Ishen crappu that he learned from a tape/

Vash
03-18-2004, 02:18 PM
you doubt my mad taped kung fu skillz?

jun_erh
03-18-2004, 07:55 PM
stuff like "the secret rivals" low budget, two guys fighting in a field type of stuff. They don't make those anymore though

dodger87
03-21-2004, 06:32 AM
A man who is out for revenge gets attacked by a big group. He battles the whole group all at once, kind of like Bruce Lee style in Fists of Fury. The movie must not use any special effects, no wires, no computer graphics and no fast forwarding. The actors must be actual martial artists and can do stunts fairly well and make the fight look realistic. The main character must have fast kicks and punches so that the audience is "thrilled" by the action just like when Bruce Lee first came out. After he handles the group without a drop of sweat he seeks out the man he wants and they fight a one on one battle that lasts 20 minutes. A fight scene like the one between Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee is a good example.

yutyeesam
03-21-2004, 09:31 PM
More tai chi and shuai jiao type techniques.

Not so much incomprehensible paddycakes handwork. Lots of landed techniques.

Lots of raw power that you just FEEL.

And a return to the 70's young Kung-Fu guy shaggy hairstyles. I'm sick of seeing these spikey-haired Asianguys. They all look like they came out of a rave club.

CaptinPickAxe
03-22-2004, 05:00 AM
A three hour fight scene...no plot...just senseless violence...ULTRAVIOLENCE!!!

norther practitioner
03-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Y'all should see invincible armor...

Shaolinlueb
03-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
Y'all should see invincible armor...

that stuff is good man.

David Jamieson
03-28-2004, 09:49 AM
Masterkiller, the 36th chamber is the best kungfu movie ever. :D

Shaolinlueb
03-29-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
Masterkiller, the 36th chamber is the best kungfu movie ever. :D

i was thinking more along the lines of the naked killer. :o

Vash
03-29-2004, 09:56 AM
Enter the Dragon.

pwn3d.

MasterKiller
03-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Enter the Dragon lacks one essential element of all good kung fu movies:

good kung fu.

Vash
03-29-2004, 04:24 PM
What is kung fu? It is like wata. You pour it in something, it becomes someting. You pour it in something else, it becomes someting else.

One of my personal favorites is Hell'z Windstaff. (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6305104573/qid%3D1080602579/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr_11_1/104-2695986-3371116)