PDA

View Full Version : building lean muscles if you don't have a gym and don't need to lose weight?

Kymus
03-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Ok, I've worked out off and on for years. My equipment is limited to a barbell, and some free weights. I look at weight lifting mags once in a while when they have one of those "guaranteed full package in 6 weeks!!!!!" articles. I'd love to follow the guidlines and such for it, but I don't have a gym. Does anyone know of any specific material that goes over exercises you can do with minimal equipment? I'm thinking of looking into this book by Mark DeLisle. I saw an article with him in a magazine talking about Navy Seals ab routines. It was all withought equipment. The other thing is, I weigh 150lbs, I really don't need to loose weight or to diet at all. the only excess fat I have is about an inch or so on my stomach. So that is another area I really don't need to focus on that it seems most all "how to build muscle" articles/programs/what-have-you include. So basically what I'm saying, is: Can anyone reccomend something that goes over how to develop lean muscle with the use of minimal equipment?

Vash
03-17-2004, 10:19 AM
www.trainforstrength.com

He's got something for you.

Kymus
03-17-2004, 11:24 AM
looks good. I'll invest in it once I have a hundred bucks ;). Thanks man

Vash
03-17-2004, 11:26 AM
http://www.trainforstrength.com/workouts.shtml

Try his workouts. They're free.

IronFist
03-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Kymus
looks good. I'll invest in it once I have a hundred bucks ;). Thanks man

What? Dude, rule number 1: don't pay for workout routines off of the internet (or from anyone else for that matter).

Kymus
03-17-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by IronFist

What? Dude, rule number 1: don't pay for workout routines off of the internet (or from anyone else for that matter).

What if the proceeds go to you? :p

Toby
03-17-2004, 07:11 PM
(Stolen from Pavel) Floor press. Like benchpress but lie on the floor under your bar and do benchpress type presses. Potentially less ROM than bp, but safer if the bar with weight is high enough that the floor acts as a spotter for you. You might have to rig up small platforms etc to get the heights right (of you and/or the bar).

Deadlift.

Bent press.

Full contact twists.

Etc, etc. What do you want to develop specifically?

blooming lotus
03-17-2004, 08:24 PM
dude...I don't know what specifically you're looking for...but as long as you do some cardio (like a 2xdaily 3-5 km run, some shadow boxing ?? hr of aerobics or something)....something for strength and muscular endurance...(like various weight/resistence training + some squats, pushups and stances etc...).....and something for flexibilty ( like pilates ...available on dvd/video ).....and add something for speed and hand conditioning.....like boxing/footwork...with strike practice into mungbeans to ballbearings/sand etc)....you're finely honed and form aside....an't ask for more...get into it..and work your limits!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

much luck to you...enjoy it....fit is good!!:D :p :cool:

SevenStar
03-18-2004, 01:43 AM
"The other thing is, I weigh 150lbs, I really don't need to loose weight or to diet at all. the only excess fat I have is about an inch or so on my stomach. So that is another area I really don't need to focus on that it seems most all "how to build muscle" articles/programs/what-have-you include. So basically what I'm saying, is: Can anyone reccomend something that goes over how to develop lean muscle with the use of minimal equipment?"

BL, his issue is that he doesn't have a plan... running twice daily, shadowboxing, etc. - that will make him lose weight, which as he stated, isn't really what he wants to do.

rubthebuddha
03-18-2004, 09:44 AM
scrapper scrapper scrapper scrapper SCRAPPER! :mad:

that seems to be the most important word for anyone starting out, or any vet needing a good push. just do like vash said, do some of scrapper's workouts on www.trainforstrength.com, and eat well. period.

Vash
03-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Dang straight. Doesn't seem to be anything on his level out there right now.

Kymus
03-18-2004, 10:44 AM
great, thanks guys