PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh!...I'm famous now!

old jong
03-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Scoll down the thread! (http://www.vingtsun.com.hk/forum/treplies.asp?message=1624)

I'm soo proud!...My name is mentionned along with my Sifu and Sibak....Celebrity!...
I can send all of you autographed pics for some $$$$ if you want.I just have to find my photogenic good side first!...;)

Thanks for this consecration!... :rolleyes:
I know how you feel Phil. ;)

Ernie
03-17-2004, 02:22 PM
dude you have reached critical acclaim or is that critical mass
well either way your blowing up:D

PaulH
03-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Old Jong,

Are you running for a WC election? What is your view on your opponent's stance on the Jong? Could you give us a brief summary on the state of WC? Are we better off than those rooftop fighting days? What do you have to say about your opponent's recent negative ad campaigns?... Ha! Ha!

Regards,
PH

Phil Redmond
03-17-2004, 02:57 PM
This has been going on in WC for years. Except there was no internet. Only a couple of them will post using their REAL names or emails out of pure cowardice. I once showed a woman who's not involved in WC the VTAA forum. She said she never thought men could be so much like women. (No offense ladies. I'm simply quoting). My students and the guys in the JKD class where I teach laughed when I told them some one posted that I RAN out of the back door of my school from some one. Some of them were there the day in question when I left so they know better. That post didn't bother me and I know you won't let those fools bother you. But anyway, bienvenue a la club(sp)?. (Pardon my poor attempt at French) :)

Phenix
03-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Conglatulation! :D

There is a group of people when they are lost. They put me up there too. Hahaha.

old jong
03-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Ernie,Paul,Phil,Phenix.

Thanks for you encouragements.I know it will not always be easy at the top but...I promise to do my best!...;) :D

BTW, Is that VTAA or VTTA?...:rolleyes: Who really care?...:p :D

Phil Redmond
03-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Oh Michel, I just have to add this. When I told the JKD teacher about the post about he also said that's why he's JKD man and noat a "WC" man. WC has a pretty bad rep with other martial artists because of the liars, ego maniacs, and jealous pretenders.
BTW, it's VTAA Ving Tsun Athletic Association AFAIK

old jong
03-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Phil.
Sometimes,I wonder if it's the same in other martial arts.I hope it is only a small minority acting this way.Lineages and their different interpretations of the art are not a problem here.We can look past the form of things to see the function and respect different opinions.

Are we good or not?...;) :D

yuanfen
03-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Old Jong-Congratulations- whoever(the late NYC Campell Soup can artist?) said that everyone can have 5 minutes of fame in the media age was not entirely correct.

On the VTAA -dejavu- you can live again and again.Immortality
at least as an illusion..

Sifu-sigung gets special attention from time to time- but anyone can see what he does by visiting his school or coming to the seminars (4/26-4/30 and reunion 5/1 and 5/2) listed on his website at<http://www.fongswingchun.com/events.html>

In that anonymous VTAA fecal roster, and den of lost souls- I understand that a poster insisted that I do the Joseph Cheng dummy form! Hilarious.

But- best not to respond to anonymous trolls-idiots and fools.
That list does not have a monopoly on those.

Happy St Patrick's day-there still be puffed up dragons here and there.

blooming lotus
03-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by old jong
Scoll down the thread! (http://www.vingtsun.com.hk/forum/treplies.asp?message=1624)

I can send all of you autographed pics for some $$$$ if you want.I just have to find my photogenic good side first!...;)

[ ;)

dude, if you're really selling those pics...I'll take one from each angle :D :D :D :p

Miles Teg
03-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Congradulations Old Jong!!

But strangely enough many of your fans seem to use the same language with exactly the same grammar mistakes.
Hmmmmmmmmmm suspicious.

I think it may be a case of one big fan rather than many fans!

anerlich
03-17-2004, 08:37 PM
Miles is right. It sounds like one obsessed, demented poster with many names.

The words sound disturbingly obsessive and repetitive - I keep thinking of Jack Nicholson's work in progress in "The Shining", a two inch pile of pages each with the phrase "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" over and over.

These people are idiots. Only a fool listens to the braying of a$$es.

blooming lotus
03-17-2004, 08:42 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: ...I sm soooooo busted here!!!!

The jong is a legend and...you know what......I don't even mind admitting it:D :D :o ...hehe...:rolleyes: :cool:

Patrick Gordon
03-18-2004, 07:26 AM
Hey old Jong,

How does it feel to be posted right up beside your Sifu and Sibak? You must be proud.

Well I guess Joy let the cat out of the bag but someone would have realized we were wrong eventually.

Patrick Gordon.

yuanfen
03-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Patrick sez:

Well I guess Joy let the cat out of the bag..
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Which cat?
Schroedinger's?
Dr Seuss's?
Tom and jerry?

Old Jong started it all- he allowed some of his clients to wander off. And at least one flew over the cuckoo nest at the so called VTAA list!.

joy

old jong
03-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Sifu ,Sibak,dear colleagues.
From now on,all questions and inquiries must be sent to my personal agent. I had to refuse many offers from prestigious firms but I chosen Mr Angelil (Celine Dion manager) to take care of my fan mail.My secretary will now type my comments on this forum.BTW,I chosen her on her looks,please disregard her grammatical mistakes.

It sucks to have no private life anymore!...
;)

:p :p :p :D

yuanfen
03-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Old Jong- Celine private jets into Las Vegas these days.
Her heart will go on and on and on...
Viva Las Vegas!
Are you going to be signing autographs there?

old jong
03-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Joy.
I will be performing SLT at Celine's private theatre just after her show.After,I will sign autographs and answer fans questions about life,destiny,the world issues, and other light subjects.

My manager is suggesting that I have my face redone to look like Keannu Reeves because he "knows Kung Fu" I'm thinking about it. ;)

anerlich
03-18-2004, 03:33 PM
Celine private jets into Las Vegas these days.

Her staying away from the hoi polloi is a good strategy.

Every time I hear "My Heart will go on" I feel a need to perpetrate extreme violence. I was nearly arrested while enduring "Titanic" in a movie theatre with my wife and brother in law.

yuanfen
03-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Old Jong- If you are going to do the Keanu Reaves thing you might have to redo your buns as well. I have heard that some Keanu Reaves fans (I am not one of them) are impressed with his buns. And before signing autographs- in the light of different threads here and the VTAA you can sing:
Whither Wing chun.

Wing Chun Cathedral
You're bringing me down
You stood and you watched as
My baby left town

You could have done something
But you didn't try
You didn't do nothing
You let her walk by

Now everyone knows just how much I needed her song
She wouldn't have gone far away
If only you'd started playing the jong

Wing Chun Cathedral
You're bringing me down
You stood and you watched as
My baby left town

Oh-bo-de-o-do oh-bo-de-o-do
Oh-bo-de-o-do de-do- duh
---------------------------------------------------------------

((With apologies to another cathedral and a 1966 hit song))

old jong
03-18-2004, 03:55 PM
About 26 years ago,I was working in a music store in Repentigny,a town near Celine's home town ;Charlemagne.One day,a family group came to the store and asked to see my P.A's amplifiers systems.A very tall 12 or 13 years old girl was looking at me from the other side of the counter.It was her,a few years before her carreer debut.They did not buy anything because my stuff was too expensive!...Times changes!...;)

old jong
03-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Funny,when I look at the "who's online" page and see that there are guests reading on this thread!...;)

AztecaPreist
03-18-2004, 05:28 PM
Am I the only one who is amazed that some one wuld still respond to a thread that was opened about 2 yrs. ago? That was around the time that I stopped going to that web site. I got tired of the 5 or more different rene ritchies talking.

yuanfen
03-18-2004, 06:24 PM
You mean there arent 5 or more Rene Ritchies talking?
Phoenix- who is Rene Ritchie?

BTW I do not post there.

Atleastimnotyou
03-18-2004, 08:37 PM
how dare you say the name of that women. yuck