PDA

View Full Version : The dawn of Midnight

Midnight
03-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi folks,

Just thought I'd take the time to introduce myself to everyone. This isn't my first time to these forums, but my first chance to make a post.

My name is Mike, I live in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. Been a student of martials arts for the majority of my life. Having studied Shaolin Kempo in my earlier years, I've since moved into such arts as Wing Chun, BaGua and Chin Na. Also am now finishing my studies on the 108 movements of Yang style Tai Chi, and will soon be moving into my Tai Chi sword form training.

I've also expanded into such things as meditation, Chi (Ki) focusing, and some weapons training which include Nunchaku and Bo.

I find the discussions on this forum refreshing. Knowing I can visit this forum from time to time while I'm working, and hearing from others focusing on similar styles really keeps me going. I hope I will be able to bring my personal experiences to the table during future discussions, in a beneficial way.

I'd also like to extend my hand to Sifu Redmond. I've been to your site numorous times. I find the information and layout to be very helpful. IF it weren't for the distance between us, I'd definately pay your school a visit, and probably stay for classes. Your lineage having come down from Yip Man only a few generations is more than impressive.

-Mike

Ernie
03-18-2004, 12:11 PM
welcome aboard mike
kick the dirt up in here anytime:D

PaulH
03-18-2004, 12:37 PM
I will be fully awaked for your Midnight hours! Ha! Ha! Love your poetic debut already!

Regards,
PH

Midnight
03-18-2004, 01:24 PM
lol, thanks Paul...

I like creative writing, which allows me to come up cheezy lines like this threads heading.

Phenix
03-18-2004, 01:40 PM
You mean the movie from Dust to Dawn? The vampire movie? the undead? Hehehehehehe, I love Vampire like Pheonix, they never die.

There is no different between Zen man and the energizer's Bunny, they always come back again and again and again.... never quit... Hehehehe

Welcome, to Trans-vania.... :D

Since you love Creative writing:

Here we go.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Sound of Silence

Hello darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence.

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone,
'Neath the halo of a street lamp,
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence.

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dare
Disturb the sound of silence.

"Fools" said I, "You do not know
Silence like a WCK grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you,
Take my arms that I might reach you."
But my words like silent raindrops fell,
And echoed
In the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made.
And the sign flashed out its warning,
In the words that it was forming.
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets
are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls."
And whisper'd in the sounds of silence.

anerlich
03-18-2004, 07:28 PM
I like creative writing, which allows me to come up cheezy lines like this threads heading.

Which reminds me of ex US Prez Gerald Ford's famous quote, "Solar Energy is not something that can come in overnight."

Have fun with the rest of us.

Gangsterfist
03-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the politics, I mean wing chun forum message board.:D

Thats cool about your taiji bro. I just started training yang taiji as well but I am still on the first short form (almost done with it I'm past the single whips). I can't wait to learn taiji sword, man it looks so cool. I also find that taiji does well blended with wing chun. My sifu teaches it that way and so does my sigung.

Anyways don't let anyone ruffle your feathers on this forum you just might get into some silly converstaions.

-Cheers

GF

Gangsterfist
03-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
...the undead? Hehehehehehe, I love Vampire like Pheonix, they never die...

What? I'm confused I thought a pheonix just reincarnated itself and that its not undead? However, now that you mention it vampire or zombie pheonix would be a cool thing to see, especially when it needs to eat some brains LOL

Midnight
03-19-2004, 06:12 AM
Very cool stuff Phenix...does seem familiar however...

Phenix
03-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Gangsterfist

What? I'm confused I thought a pheonix just reincarnated itself and that its not undead? However, now that you mention it vampire or zombie pheonix would be a cool thing to see, especially when it needs to eat some brains LOL

Hey, what is the different between :get burn by itself and alive again, and get burn by sun and alive again. Phenix just has more Yang energy and vampire needs solar power. hehehe

they both never die. so itis un dead!

Wait until you watch Van helsing this summer. :D