PDA

View Full Version : Ki Chuan Do video clips

PHILBERT
03-19-2004, 11:57 AM
http://nychipower.com/attackproofselfdefensemovievideoclips.html

Word fail me.

MasterKiller
03-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Apparently, they teach crappy grappling.

The Willow Sword
03-19-2004, 09:19 PM
well even though the practice is fairly fast moving i can see where stuff like this would actually work. this is actually similar to what i was learning before sd,,but at a slower rate as at the time i was a beginner. wish i had retained some of those techniques in my challenge matches.

i give the vids a thumbs up.

peace,,TWS

David Jamieson
03-19-2004, 09:34 PM
looks like santa teaching skeptical body builders.

rochambeau and slappy fights. :D

and how to get stabbed in an elevator:rolleyes:

just give the guy the wallet for gods sake!

The Willow Sword
03-20-2004, 12:14 PM
i watched the Knife in the elevator vid and yes it does look a bit cheesy and i agree, "just give the guy your wallet".

of course i do think that the other vids show some decent material, slappy or no im sure "santa" hehe,,if he got a hold of you ,would break your jaw.

not all fights are one hit or hit and retreat kung lek.

peace,,TWS

Meat Shake
03-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Hmmm....

My opinions on the clips-
If this is for seminar purposes, which is said it was, I think this is valuable material. What was being taught seemed more readily applicable for your average joe, and most likely will help them deal with some or most of the adrenaline dump of a real life confrontation.

That said, these guys would get hammered by someone who consistently trains martial arts.

Tiger_Yin
03-20-2004, 01:52 PM
looks like girls playing patty cake on fast forward... kinda makes me think about wingchun :D

and id never learn something from an over weight white guy cause itd jsut lead to me looking like him later.. f*** that sh!t

IronFist
03-20-2004, 01:56 PM
Grappler: "I want to tackle you!"

Other guy: "I don't want you to!"

Grappler: "Here I come!"

Other guy: "Smacky smacky!"

Grappler: "Ouch. Your slaps hurt"

Other guy: "Grappling is useless!"

Grappler: "Ooh, I kinda like that. I'm gonna stand here and let you smack me some more"

Other guy: "Look, I can dance while I smack you."

IronFist
03-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Movie 3: "Please side mount me so I can crush your testicles."

Well, I guess that might be more viable on the street than in the gym, where everyone wears cups (hopefully). You don't really worry too much about someone grabbing your nuts in the gym.

CaptinPickAxe
03-20-2004, 04:17 PM
the whole slappy hands thing is ****e. It looks like adolecent girls fighting over who plays as malibu barbie. Splashing hands teaches fluid movement (free form as the like to put it on that site), but it looks nothing like that bile.

The elevator knife fight sequence seems decent...but what are the chances of someone pulling a jack move in an elevator (which come equiped with cameras might I add) I think the kicking principal is good for joe shmoe, but you'd still get cut kicking.

All in all, I'd say its the lesser of the evils. It doesn't present itself as something its not.

The Willow Sword
03-20-2004, 04:44 PM
what is "splashing hands"?

Just curious. ;)

Peace,,TWS

Vash
03-20-2004, 05:17 PM
*looks around cautiously*

Cinnabar Palm to the nuts totally gonna wreck yo' sh!t!

Looks decent enough. Loved the Warning at the beginning of the vids.