PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these guys?

DragonzRage
03-19-2004, 12:23 PM
www.kungfu.tv

Are any of you familiar with these people? Are they for real? Just curious.

MasterKiller
03-19-2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah, we get another Sifu Z. thread!

David Jamieson
03-19-2004, 12:26 PM
http://www.vutmuaythai.com/about.htm

i don't know, what do you think of these guys? ^

:rolleyes:

apoweyn
03-19-2004, 01:02 PM
What's wrong with Vut Kamnark?

Kymus
03-19-2004, 01:07 PM
It seems to me to be more of a "Kung Fu for fun!" class. I'd stay far away from it, really. It seems that they place more emphasis on "fun" than general pracitcality. I mean, there's nothing wrong with having fun and joking around in class, but you gotta have some kind of discipline.. It seems to me that "Sifu Z" isn't a very serious person, and his class seems ro reflect that. My favorite part was this

"We also have a rather unique view about the relevance of sparring to fighting. While we feel that sparring is vital to the understanding of kung fu, we also feel that it's highly unlikely any of our members will ever need it to fight. If you are an adult, how many people do you know who have been in unprovoked fistfights? Have you ever been attacked and needed to resolve things with your fists? Probably not. Statistics prove that when people are out of high school, their incidence of physical altercations drops dramatically. Where we teach in West Los Angeles, it is highly improbable that any of our students will ever need to rely on kung fu in a real fight."

IMHO, that's just pathetic. I grew up in a mid-upper class area that was really nice and quiet. But that doesn't mean that I will never in my life need to defend myself. Since I've been out of HS (6 years), there have still been a few time I have almost had to defend myself.

Kymus
03-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by apoweyn
What's wrong with Vut Kamnark?

dude, you didn't know???
*whisper* he does the hokey pokey the wrong way man!

MasterKiller
03-19-2004, 01:11 PM
This is the best thread about kungfu.tv ever created.

http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=Off;action=display;num=1078420408

Shaolinlueb
03-19-2004, 01:18 PM
http://www.vutmuaythai.com/girls.htm

hubba look at bubba

David Jamieson
03-19-2004, 01:20 PM
yah yah, vuts got da ring girls LOL :D

niiiice

but he is doing the hokey pokey incorrectly as has been stated.

Kristoffer
03-19-2004, 01:33 PM
losers (http://www.lijiaquan.com/images/640_640_Wk41BStanLZSpar.jpg)

Kymus
03-19-2004, 01:46 PM
From "Sifu" Z.: "Our text states that it's my firm belief that my students will never get into a fight. I have never had a student, teacher or fellow student who has ever been in a fight as an adult - so training for combat, in my opinion, is a total waste of time and effort because you never get to use what you "

But you know that if any one of them saps, especially Z, gets into a fight, they're gonna try to use that Kung Fu.

Someone needs to tell him that that big headband he's wearing is Japanese origin, not chinese.. But something tells me he probably doesn't care! ;)

Kymus
03-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
losers (http://www.lijiaquan.com/images/640_640_Wk41BStanLZSpar.jpg)

be afraid, be very afraid (http://www.kung-fu.tv/images/640_WK52EFelLZFootMonkey.jpg)

Kristoffer
03-19-2004, 01:59 PM

**** I wish they were located here somewhere. I'd be a much happier person :)

Gangsterfist
03-19-2004, 02:00 PM
Oh my did I ever laugh hard at that one.

Is this seriously for real? They all look like the people from the black hole sun video that sound garden did a long time ago.

I hope that guy isn't serious.

DragonzRage
03-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Here's the story...

My kid cousin wants to start doing martial arts now. I could suggest schools/styles for him to check out but he has his heart set on doing kung fu. He's really into Jet Li and the Matrix type stuff and I guess he wants to be able to do all the cool moves. I think he's also going through one of those stages where he feels a need to connect with his ethnic culture (we're Chinese). Anyway, he's nearby one of the fitness clubs where these Shaolin Fist guys teach and he sent me the link so I can check it out and tell him if they're for real or not.

I'm fairly familiar with a lot of different kung fu styles, but I have never heard of "Lijiaquan". I don't like the goofy "do it for fun and laughs but not for fighting" mentality that they seem to have. I'm also skeptical of any teacher who has his students wear generic kung fu jackets that say "Shaolin Fist" on them. Furthermore, I don't understand why he has his students wear shin pads on their forearms when they spar. But despite all this I can't render a judgment unless I actually see them train. But it would help to know whether or not they have credibility in the kung fu community. I kind of want to suggest my cousin check out Hawkins Cheung Wing Chun. Cheung has a no BS philosophy towards kung fu and fighting, which I like. And I also know for sure that he has a lot of credibility and respect. But then I don't know how close his school is. Furthermore, if my cousin learns wing chun I don't think he'll learn all the cool moves that he wants to be able to do. I don't know if he'll really be into doing chi sao and straight blasting. So if you all have any more info, it'd be appreciated.

Kung Lek,
Since you ask, Vut is awesome. I'm a student of one of his students. Vut has also personally trained me for a couple fights. Those affiliated with Vut usually offer very solid and legit muay thai. Cheers!

Vash
03-19-2004, 09:15 PM
. . . ! :mad:

David Jamieson
03-19-2004, 09:18 PM
seriously, i read the empty flower thread and holy gablony that is the freakin funniest thing i've read since the "where's my keys" thread from here.

oh man, i hope z. has a sense of humour when he finds that 14 page monster at ef hee hee hee.

cause it ain't pretty. :D

p.s i think that evil stan probably was the renegade one.

Kristoffer
03-20-2004, 02:58 AM
wtf