PDA

View Full Version : kicking the bottom

Ironwind
03-21-2004, 12:35 AM
I stress good groin kicks and I practice and train by kicking the botton of the heavy bag.
I'm gaining endurance of pain in my foot?

Does any one else do that if so could you share your benifits and other uncommon heavy bag training.

Thanx

IronFist
03-21-2004, 01:33 AM
Careful, don't break any bones.

FooFighter
03-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Unless you go up against them shaolin who have balls of irons, then I dont see the benefit of kicking a heavy bag at the bottom? Unless you enjoy the pain? Are you looking to condition, your feet?

I think the lower kicks to the groin area doesnt require much power? The target is very inherebtly weak. The way I practice front kicks to the groin area is have a parther wear boxing mits and I kick his mits which in located in lower area. This much better I think because you get to use your foot work and have the sense of real timming and feeling.

If you disagree with me, then I hope you are careful.

IronFist
03-22-2004, 09:02 PM
It could be used for conditioning. You could toughen up the top of your foot by kicking the bottom of a bag. That doesn't mean that you'll only take advantage of the conditioning with a groin kick... a roundhouse kick with the instep would be a different motion but would still strike the opponent with the top of the foot.

That being said, you could also condition the top of the foot by doing roundhouse kicks on the bag.

Vash
03-22-2004, 09:43 PM
To get the full effect, why not let the bag settle for a while, the duct tape a brick onto the bottom?

If you want to train your groin kicks in this manner, go ahead. I like to take an uppercut bag, hang it low, and work on it. Or, one of those regular kicking shields hung up. A heavy bag is a little extreme for the foot.

Vash
03-22-2004, 09:44 PM
As an aside, I said that my feet already hurt from these darn high heels. I think I'm just gonna switch to thigh-high boots.

Ironwind
03-23-2004, 04:56 AM
lol