PDA

View Full Version : Regulating Heat

stubbs
03-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi all,

I've been to the local chinese doctor a couple of times with different problems such as joint problems and psoriasis and he's said on all occasions that its something to do with my heat. I don't really understand what that means but somebody else mentioned heat in my 'sore throat' post on the training and health forum.

If im getting all these problems due to heat is there anything i can take, drink or add/exclude from my diet to regulate my heat? I think im going to need a diet/lifestyle change because i can't really afford the TCM remedies.

Cheers for any help,

Stubbs
________
Java (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Java)

manofkent
03-25-2004, 03:34 AM
hey stubbs, ive bin away for a while.

Where did u go for the TCM is it the one oposite blockbusters in maidstone???

Chen
03-25-2004, 07:30 AM
There are a number of food types that are characterised by heat such as lamb, onions and garlic. Alcohol is aslo characterised by heat, so watch the intake.

Other things to consider is your environment, are you working next to a heater or radiator? is the place too warm.

if you can't afford TCM, what about researching some pressure points in the body to alleviate heat. Try asking Neil, I know that he has knowledge on such matters.

Manof kent - I personally would watch the tcm places in town. They are not as good qulity as you may think inparticular the herbs. Just because they are chinese does not make them good. If you need furhter advice, I know of an excellent person in Dartford.

chen

stubbs
03-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Hi manofkent, nah it was the TCM place near Argos. I tried one of their cures to bad joints once and it seemed to work ok. They gave me some Wangbi granules which taste like Christmas Pudding....shame I don't like Christmas Pud. Where have you been?

Chen, cheers for the advice. Do you know Neil? Do I know you? It's a small world!

My alcohol intake has been virtually nil recently because I'm the only one out my mates who drives. They're all old enough they're just **** lazy! When you mention lamb, onions and garlic do you mean I should be eating more of them or less?

Thanks,
Stubbs
________
Amber Trichomes (http://trichomes.org)

manofkent
03-26-2004, 03:09 AM
Ive had my toenail removed. so i was off work for over a month. I have internet at home but never use it. I only really go on line weekdays.

My kung fu sifu is off to China for two weeks soon and i dont fancy training with the stand in. so i may come along to your club for a bit.

What sort of training do you do? Ive seen the IMAPCT KUNG FU and its just crazy. are u in to the traditional stuff? Do you do really hard training/full contact, cos im still nursing my toe.

not seen the place near argos. My mates mum is in to reflexology and she says that they always try and make you buy loads of stuff u dont need.

Do you know any good martial arts stores??? I usually get stuff off the internet but i want some training clothes.

Chen
03-27-2004, 12:28 PM
hey stubbs

it's a small world - and yes, you may know me, but I'll leave it there to keep you guessing!!!

I would avoid eating those foods. Generally they are characterised by heat, hence they should be avoided.

Chen

stubbs
03-28-2004, 12:13 PM
manofkent - we do all sorts of training. its allways mixed and varied. the intensity really depends on how much effort you put in but we do fitness work at the begining of the class. if you've got an injury Neil (my instructor) can work around that.

what do you mean by training clothes? i just wear trainers, t-shirt, and kung fu trousers (mainly because they're tough and don't split when im stretching etc). japan martial arts tends to be quite good. they advertise in martial arts illustrated. not sure of their website. what style do you train in?

thanks for clearing up the heat query chen!

stubbs
________
SC2 REPLAYS (http://screplays.com/)

manofkent
03-29-2004, 12:36 AM
Firstly... Why does it say that you joined this forum in 1969???

CHEN- You could at least give me a clue. Where would i know u from???
Where do you train? Ive only bin doing kung fu for a short while,
but i used to train karate with steve martin.

STUBBS- That sounds good. At my club we use traditional training
methords, but with much more modern techniques. ive only bin there for bout 3months+last month i was off. its called Kwon Fa Kung Fu, my Sifu broke away from UK Kung Fu Schools cos he wanted to introduce other MA influences from the phillapines (I spell badly) and stuff thats useful for modern times. We train Northern+Sothern styles, Ti Chi, escrima, western boxing and thai boxing.

What sort of payment system do you have? we pay £4.50, after each class
of 90mins.

manofkent
03-29-2004, 12:45 AM
oh training clothes.
One of my mates trains in Ninjitsu and we train on saturdays. Ive only got one pair of those old adidas bottoms for outside use. i wanted some full contact bottoms for running and training outside. do you know anyone who does IMPACT KUNG FU!!!
My uncle does it, for his 4th sash, he has to do 1000 pushups 2000 situps, loads of other crazy stuff, after a 10 mile run and thats before he does his kung fu forms. That sucks... Its great body conditioning but geezzze, thats just mad.

manofkent
03-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Also,
Stubbs, Reading some of ur old posts about weight lifting... did u find u got really great results in the first few weeks, then after that u had to work really hard to maintain and improve further??? thats what i found. Do u find that the weight training makes u stiff for kung fu and its harder to move and warm up?

I just bin to the website of ur club, i saw that the emblem on ur T-Shirt looked familer... My Sifu is David Arnold. He used to be a Sifu at ur club didnt he??? I'd like to come and train with Neil while dave is in China. but could u check on what terms he left, i dont want to tell Neil im one of Daves students and he knocks me three ways from sunday.

Chen
03-29-2004, 02:17 PM
I was refering to stubbs and not you manofkent when I said I knew you.

As for the idea of training for more modern times, interesting view. My opinion is that only few techniques are useful for modern times - regardless of what style or country they come from. The key to it is if you want to be effective at modern martial arts, you need to train hard at the basics. I know both Neil and David do that too.

intersting too that you train in kung fu yet you also do escrima, western boxing and thai boxing. Surely that makes you a mixed martial art rather than kung fu?

As for Neil knocking you about - you really don't know him if you think that. Give him a call or mail him, he would be happy to teach you I am sure, regardless of what style you come from.

Chen

manofkent
03-30-2004, 03:54 AM
Well its Dave that teaches this. I enjoy the club cos u get a feel for lots of difrent arts. I think its because Dave knows lots of boxers, so we use quite a lot of the style. and he always talks about the thai kickboxers. I suppose it is Mixed martial art, but mainly kung fu, we only do kung fu forms.

I believe that there are a few main ways in wich to train, 1, learning to fight against ppl in the street, who are maybe more predictable (karate, ju-jitsu, boxing) 2, learning to fight against trained fighters in sport, and 3 learning to fight real fighters like the thai boxers and kung fu men. Im sure lots of ppl will disagre with this, but its just an idea. With my training i stand a better chance with 1st and 2nd fighters, but i'll never stand a chance up with the 3rd group.

I didnt know on what terms Dave broke away from Uk Kung Fu Schools. Ive never met Neil before, do u train at the methodist in M/s?

stubbs
04-01-2004, 01:16 PM
manofkent, sounds like you've got some good varied training there! if you're worried about coming to the classes just send Niel an email. i'm sure he won't mind.

the impact kung fu sounds like good endurance but im not sure how a 10 mile run, 1000 push ups and 2000 situps are needed for martial arts. i don't know anyone who does it but i was considering going along to take a look.

with regards to the weight training, i think it's like everything, as you get more and more advanced it takes more training and practice (within reason) to gain that little bit extra. i've never stopped making gains though (other than when i have off days where i might be a bit ill or tired). providing you stretch and cool down after every session you shouldn't get too stiff. i definately don't find it harder to move!

where does ur mate train in ninjitsu? the closest i've found to it is bujinkan (sp?) a couple of years ago. what sort of training do you two do on Saturdays?

Niel teaches in the maidstone hockey club down armstrong road (next to the driving test center). It's easy to find and there plenty of parking. When's Dave going away? Let me know if you ever want another training partner! I'm always on the lookout for people to train with.

Chen - ok, so how do i know you? can i have a clue? does your name begin with D?

Stubbs
________
Fchv (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_FCHV)

Chen
04-02-2004, 12:53 AM
nice try stubbs!

it was a little while back actually when you refered to yourself as 'stubbs' a little more publicly.

I have had some experience with impact. I would agree, doing that much exercise seems a waste of time. if i want to exercise, i can do that in my own time. My expereince also is that when someone says thay are doing 1000 of anything, it's mostly BS. I would like to see 1000 press ups! I bet they can't do it or it's really bad technique.

the guy that runs impact also not the type of person I would want to learn from either. he comes across as been there done it and wants to tell everyone.

chen

manofkent
04-02-2004, 04:24 AM
Totaly agree with you Chen. As a rule, ive found that if u like kung fu then you wont like impact kung fu.

Stubbs, there is a ninjitsu class in chatham. but he trains in reading cos he's at Uni. when he is back, we do a short jog, some bag work and pairs work, mainly repitition stuff in the garden.

I'd like to do some weight training, i really want to get more power at short range, i have a tendancy to fall in to my back leg when fighting. Dave has now gone to china for 2weeks. I'll hopfully come to ur class next week, when are thay. I only cant do tuesday.

stubbs
04-03-2004, 01:54 PM
manofkent, you'll have to email neil to see which lessons you can come to. he has classes for different levels and he doesn't like to have the classes too big.

chen - can i have another clue (or just tell me who you are)? im crap at guessing games! who's the TCM guy you know in dartford? think i might take a visit

cheers
________
BLOWJOB NURSE (http://www.****tube.com/categories/353/nurse/videos/1)