PDA

View Full Version : Pride: Bushido 2

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Anyone else watching?

Losttrak
03-21-2004, 10:08 PM
hewl yeah! The Mirko/Yamamoto match was the best. lol Its not wise to tweak the tigers whiskers... haha Anyways, this is a great appetizer for the Gran Prix coming up. Cant wait!

SevenStar
03-21-2004, 10:11 PM
neither can I. I thought the surakai / okami fight was decent too.

Lots of action, plenty of knockouts, like Sperry's fight.

manofkent
03-22-2004, 04:59 AM
anyone fancy uploading any of those fights on the internet. sounds cool, but we just dont get that kind of thing in the UK

Losttrak
03-22-2004, 06:48 AM
Yeah, they picked some even matchups with alot of the fighters (With the exception of Wanderlei and Crocop). Alot of nice technical, cerebral fights. Its very interesting to watch how they react and respond to each situation. I forgot alot of their names already.. doh... but when that one guy went for the kimura only to find out that his opponent was double-jointed. lol Jeez, his arm was wrapped around his back and almost touching his neck for christs sake.

Yeah the Sperry match was either a serious fluke or Bencic has an origami jaw. No wonder Mirko switched trainers... that had to be a serious loss of face.

I have to wonder what happened to Chris Brennan. Usually he is more dynamic than he was in this match. Was he truly dominated by Takase or was it just a bad night? It seemed like he was just riding through the match and not putting in much work to get off his back. *sigh*

Sean Sherk... dayam he has some ground affinity. He was like a war hound bent on some serious havoc. His balance and tactics were unwavering. No matter where the fight went, no matter what the opponent tried, Sherk was in charge. It was almost as if he knew what the other guy was going to do at all times. Though he was never able to submit his opponent, he sure showed a level of ground proficiency that most can only dream of... He needs someone who can challenge him more and we will see how he really holds together.