PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Mr Vash:

dimmakseminar
03-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Mr. Vash:

A small interrogation. Are you in fact a practitioner of Isshinryu? Are you Okinawan? Are you currently drunk? Do you know my confrere, Harold Mitchum?

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

Vash
03-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Mr. Dimmakseminar;

Yes, I am actually an Isshinryu karate punk. I'm not officially training right now, as I'm rehabing an injury, but that bit of OMA is my stock and trade. Hopefully, I'll be able to add some Uechiryu to that in the future.

Am I Okinawan? Well, despite my rather vicious pursuit of karate's recognition as Okinawan in origin and nature, I am not. I'm just a southern American mut, half Cajun, partways Scotch-Irish. There's just something about Okinawan martial culture which appeals to me.

Am I drunk? Only with power. I'm rather interested in being instructed in a southern drunken style as it is mentioned within the perennial karate text, the Bubishi. It seems rather strange that the artist(s?) who put this book together would break away from the topics of White Crane and Monk Fist boxing to relate the efficacy of the Drunken methods.

As for Mr. Mitchum, I do know the name. But, I've not met him personally, and he is not in my lineage. We go from Shimabuku, Nagel, Pittaway, to . . . [next two names deleted to keep my opinions from being connected at all to my school or instructor].

dimmakseminar
03-23-2004, 08:36 PM
Dear Mr. Vash:

Thank you for your reply. Harold Mitchum is one of four, along with Nagel, Long and Armstrong that helped bring Isshinryu to America. Last I knew of Mitchum, he too, was living in the southern US.

Perhaps you know of the classic movie, Karate Kid Pt II, whereby young Daniel-san travels to Okinawa and meets the beautiful enchantress, Kumiko, played by the lovely Tamlyn Tomita. They don't make movies like that, anymore. Many lessons to be learned.

Best of luck in your studies,

dimmakseminar

Vash
03-23-2004, 08:51 PM
Indeed, all good names in the Isshinryu world. I've not met any of them, unfortunately, though I've talked with those higher-ups who have.

One of my sensei's senseis is currently studying under Sensei Advincula. Hopefully, I'll have the opportunity to work out with him soon after I begin my training. barring that, I can always buy his tapes.

Karate Kid II was good. Too bad it's the only karate movie ever made that didn't suxors.

Thanks for the sentiments, and mine in return,

Vash
Isshinryu Boxer, Drunken Kung Fu afficianado

SanSoo Student
03-28-2004, 02:16 AM
Dimmakseminar

Why doesn't your website work?

I am interesting in enrolling for you classes!

dimmakseminar
03-28-2004, 06:07 PM
Dear Mr. SanSoo Student:

Thank you for your inquiry! As we all know, the secrets of Shao-Lin and Iga have taken thousands of years to perfect. It appears that the website designers of www.dimmakseminar.com believe that the same holds true for HTML coding. However, if you click the link you might get the same reply as you would from many masters with regards to the secrets of the black arts.

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

Vash
03-28-2004, 06:24 PM
dimmakseminar just pwn3d all over the 404 html error page.

Vash
04-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Will you be seeing the new film, "Hellboy? (http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/hellboy/)"

How do you feel the addition of the cinnabar palm to his stone hand technique would affect his fighting capabilities?

dimmakseminar
04-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Dear Mr. Vash:

Although Hellboy's palms are already red, the cinnabar palm is a technique that takes much time perfecting. Therefore, I can't see Hellboy utilising this devastating technique at least until the 666th sequel, should there be one. However, it would be devilish indeed if he could master the technique. The Stone Fist technique is efficient, and the wire-work looks interesting, but I would also like to see him work on his PRC Wushu routines, so as to give him more graceful appeal to a wider audience.

Ultimately, however, I would like to see a closed-cage stone-fist death match between Hellboy and C*ck-Knocker. That would be to die for.

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar