PDA

View Full Version : Hey ChangStyleNovice

YinYangDagger
03-24-2004, 09:14 PM
I read on here that you study Chang Style Tai Chi and you live in Austin. Do you happen to study with Shifu Hwang?

The reason I ask is because today I was in Austin on business and ran across Shifu Hwang's Tai Chi People store. I went in and he threw me around all over the floor after demonstrating his Tai Chi forms LOL. He was showing me the Shuai Chiao movements in the Chang Tai Chi form. He then asked me to push him over, and I couldn't budge this guy. I'm no slouch in the strength department and weigh around 280 pounds!

Anyway, if he's not your Shifu I'm sorry for bothering you. If he is, he seems very knowledgable.

Chang Style Novice
03-24-2004, 09:43 PM
That's the guy, although I haven't been in for ages due to scheduling and money issues. Get any herbs? He's got hellacious herbs.

YinYangDagger
03-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Funny you should ask about the herbs. I told him some complications my mother was having since she had open heart surgery, and he flat out refused to sell any herbs or give any recommendations without seeing her first. I thought that was actually great. Here was a guy (me) that was going to purchase some of his merchandise yet he refused my money. Most guys would have given out some type of BS to get my money, but not him.

Chang Style Novice
03-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Mm-hm! He's a good guy and has helped me a lot, and not just in kungfu.