PDA

View Full Version : just one of those days....

Falcor
03-25-2004, 02:25 PM
Ever have one of those days where nothing goes right? And i'm talking training in things that you've done for years and years and are second nature to you, and yet, it's just one of those days where you can't seem to block a simple punch telegraphed from ten miles away, or get a simple lock on a skinny guy no matter how you do it, and get all sorts of timing errors where you just walk into kicks and trip over your own stances? Sheesh...Sigh.....

red5angel
03-25-2004, 02:32 PM
I hate those days, it usually coincides with me being worn out. I can't hold my stances, fall during my forms, can't hit the broad side of a big fat guy who can't move out of the way....

MasterKiller
03-25-2004, 02:35 PM
I've been having those a lot lately.....My really good days seem a couple of weeks apart. New baby, no sleep, training time cut in half, just turned 31.....it's starting to add up.

red5angel
03-25-2004, 02:36 PM
getting old, old man ;)

MasterKiller
03-25-2004, 02:42 PM
I dunno about getting old, but I'm sure feeling old right now...

red5angel
03-25-2004, 02:52 PM
I turn 31 in June, but I have to be honest, I feel probably younger then I have in a long time. I still have those days falcor was talking about, but I seem to remember having those days way back in cross country, track and karate in high school. Usually it's just my body telling me I need a break.

norther practitioner
03-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I've had those..

I find I feel real good once I take a small, couple day break.. let my body mend.

red5angel
03-25-2004, 03:10 PM
it normally only takes me a day of active resting to get back into it. Sometimes those days also tend to signify a cold or other sickness for me as well. The last day I had like that I got sick and missed about 4 days of work!

norther practitioner
03-25-2004, 03:13 PM
active resting

thats an oxymoron, you moron

red5angel
03-25-2004, 03:15 PM
don't make me swing this bat! It's a vampire!

norther practitioner
03-25-2004, 03:19 PM
:D

31, I'll be within 5 in a month

lkfmdc
03-25-2004, 03:43 PM
I vaguely remember 31.... someone told me once I had been 20 sometime, I didn't believe them :D

OLD SUCKS :mad:

MasterKiller
03-26-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
don't make me swing this bat! It's a vampire! We all know you only swing your bat between 60% and 90% power, Red5. You got nothing.

red5angel
03-26-2004, 07:31 AM
no way, I maim, hurt and even sometimes KILL, that's right KILL!! my training partners about once a week. Unfortunately to keep my 100% training methodolgy on track I'm going to have to put on the batman suit and prowl the alleyways....

Pork Chop
03-26-2004, 09:19 AM
Well I know, I miss more than hit
With a face that was launched to sink
An' I seldom feel, the bright relief
It's been the Worst Day Since Yesterday

If there's one thing I have said
Is that the dreams I once had, now lay in bed
As the four winds blow, my wits through the door

Fallin' down to you sweet ground
Where the flowers they bloom
It's there I'll be found
Hurry back to me, my wild calling

Though these wounds have seen no wars
Except for the scars I have ignored
And this endless crutch, well it's never enough

He|l says hello, well it's time to I should go
To pastures green, that I've yet to see
Hurry back to me, my wild calling

MonkeySlap Too
03-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Mark Twain was right, youth is wasted on the young. Once your smart enough to know what to do with your youth, your too tired to do anything about it.

I know guys who complained as early as 26 about slowing down. Me, I felt great until around 36 - then I started to notice a slightly slower recovery time.