PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'm back

Armin
09-29-2001, 09:19 AM
Hi!

I was very busy lately, and I still am, but I found some time to spend here.

Ok, today I got a question to all of you. Everbody wants to "know how long do you train form", "how long do you train Chi Sao", "how often ...", "how much ..." ...

We all know, that if you want to learn how to fight, you got to train how to fight (e. g. sparring). And that brings us to the question: How often, how long and (most important) how hard do you spar/train to fight? What kind of protection do you use?

Ok, to make it easier, I'll start: At the moment we spar thrice per week at least half an hour. Ten minutes light sparring (free attacks, slight contact - one attacker, one defender - no protection), ten minutes harder sparring (both are "attackers" - no protection) and ten minutes hard sparring (both "attackers" - protection-helmet, pads and protection for the crown-jewels).

Usually we take the first minute (or so) to spar slow to get a feeling for the circumstances, e. g. moving in protection gear, different ranges due to different size of the partner, and so on. After that we attack with full speed and, when using protection gear, full power.

Armin.

PS: By the way, we do the same with weapons.