PDA

View Full Version : Developing Power

Gangsterfist
03-27-2004, 02:17 PM
What drills and exercises do you do to develop power in your punches, kicks, chin na, etc?

Right now I am doing full range motion stuff to help develope skill and power for short range motion attacks. Like high flashy kicks, fast on toe foot work, etc. I am also doing some two person wushu stretches I was taught a while ago. Man it kinda hurts at first, but after awhile my flexability is so much greater.

Keng Geng
03-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Yes, the flexibility exercises in Wushu training will definitely help your kicks. Exercises that twist your upper body will improve your punches.

As for chi na, there's no power required. The opportunity is either there or it isn't.

anerlich
03-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Developing grip strength will improve your chin na, and carry over positively into other aspects of your art as well.

Gangsterfist
03-28-2004, 09:23 PM
For chin na work out type training I use a new tool I made a few weeks ago. I took a 1 foot long wooden pole and drilled a hole in the middle of it. Got some rope and free weights. I tied the rope to the free weight and routed it through the hole on the pole. I twist it up and the string wraps around the pole until the weight is touching the pole. Then I twist it down. Using slow controlled twists each time. It kills your hands and forearms, but man does it really help with your chin na grip.

Strong grip can really help when using pressure points with your chin na.

Toby
03-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Mm, that's a good one gangsterfist. But it trains wrist strength more than grip strength. For crushing grip strength, try Captains of Crush grippers. For pinching grip strength, try holding up heavy weight between fingers and thumb. Also, small (preferable leather) bags filled with shot apparently work well. Throw and catch them.

Wingman
03-28-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Gangsterfist
Strong grip can really help when using pressure points with your chin na.
I practice squeezing tennis balls in order to have a strong grip.

Mckind13
03-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Before this thread goes totally to grip strength,

I would say there are several things to train.

1. Attributes, what you are all mostly taking about.

2. Skill development.

Any functional aspect of any martial art can be developed in this way (IMO).

Mechanics - learn the basic mechanics through solo training or with a good partner. Repeat 1000 times

Incorporate - Incorporate this thing you are trying to learn into a drill. Repeat 1000 times.

Resistance - Specific types of resistance - Repeat 1000

Goal Oriented - set to specific percent of resistance to receive from your partner (i.e. my partner can resist in several predetermined ways or in any way he/she wants up to 75 percent of max). Work to setup and use the above trained items. Repeat 1000

Cooperative - discovery based training. Taking several of the above items you have trained and focused on, put them together in a cooperative light drill. Discover ways to set up, implement and follow through very dynamically. A good partner gives lots of feedback in this drill. Positive feedback should be explored (i.e. if a technique works perfectly, if a take down, lop da or chin na works just right you should go back, note the setup, the outcome and see if you can capture exactly what steps you used to make it work so well). Then repeat.

Finally do not over complicate this by making large or expansive drills. Focus on basics motions, power development and body structure use.

KISS

David

manofkent
03-29-2004, 06:04 AM
I did karate for a long time, our classes involved practising our set punches and kicks prob about 10times each before we moved on to something else.

Untill i started kung fu a while ago i never appreciated just how important repition is for your strenth and speed.

You can lift weights and use expensive equipment all the lib-long-day, but all you really need is a bit of time and motivation to do your punches and kicks over and over till it hurts. as long as u take it easy on ur joints is great for your body, speed and strenght.

Gangsterfist
03-31-2004, 07:14 PM
Okay I got a new exercise I did last night. I only tested it out and will probably make it part of my regime once I get more time. I had to stop in the middle of my work out to give someone a ride across town last night (but hey what are friends with cars for right?).

I took a standard folding chair and placed it in the middle of my room. Standing right behind it I do a cresent kick with one leg and then a roundhouse with the other one over one side of it. Then repeat back and forth over the chair. Do this 1000 times per a work out I think is what I will start doing.

Also scissor kicks while on the ground. I did 100 of those last night and I am a bit sore they worked my hips pretty good.

I also did the forearm training with that pole and free weight thing I made, and only using 5lbs I could only do about 25 reps or so (going up and down once = 1 rep) before my arms started to give out.

Tonight I am going to work my legs and do some calf raises and leg lifts. I find that doing calf raises on a stair case is nice. Oh, and I will probably do some stance training as well (low cat and horse stance).

Phenix
03-31-2004, 08:29 PM
If the body doesnt link up as a whole pice, if the breathing doesnt smoothly flow, if the mind stuck in dulll-- if all of the above dont become one.

Power generated is certainly local and damaging to oneself.

just some thoughts

Gangsterfist
04-01-2004, 10:13 AM
An old chinese proverb comes into mind when talking about training.

One does not know something until they do it 1000 times, then one does not understand that thing until they do it 10,000 times.

I am not sure if thats the exact quote, but I think the point is still getting across here.

Wushu stretching has helped out a lot. One of my kung fu brothers has a hemstring injury right now, doing some light wushu stretches is really helping him heal. He is already more flexible after only 2 weeks of doing it.

Phenix
04-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Strecth and using power and just a partial story.

Gangsterfist
04-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Phenix
Strecth and using power and just a partial story.

You want to elaborate? I started this thread pretty much on just the conditioning aspect of Kung Fu.

Are, you perhaps referring to taking chi, and converting it to jing?

Phenix
04-02-2004, 12:51 AM

You want to elaborate? I started this thread pretty much on just the conditioning aspect of Kung Fu.

Are, you perhaps referring to taking chi, and converting it to jing?

nope even in the physical realm, there are tons of things can be talked about.

Gangsterfist
04-02-2004, 09:30 AM
Hendrick,

Please continue, tell me how one developes power. There is definately and external (physical) and an internal (structure, energy, etc) aspect.

Phenix
04-02-2004, 09:55 AM
Hendrick,

Please continue, tell me how one developes power. There is definately and external (physical) and an internal (structure, energy, etc) aspect.

First, tent:

A great tent has to have a great elastic pole and flexible and firm hold in all condition: facing storm and wind blow..etc, it support the whole tent firmly and gracefully.

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?productId=12276855&storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&langId=-1&color=&img=/largeimages/682466.jpg&view=large

what is your tent's pole made from? strong elastic fible glass? chinese chop sticks, steel?
will it uniformly distribute all tension it was applied to or it snap at some spot?
how flexible it is under blown by strong wind or strecth?
how flexible and hold all together while moving into different location or blown by wind from different direction? or twisting.......

PaulH
04-02-2004, 10:06 AM
That is a good symbol for the WCK body! Did I once hear you said there were 5 bodies... =)

Gangsterfist
04-02-2004, 10:27 AM
This reminds me of what I learned the other night in class from sifu.

We were looking deeply into taiji. The energies that come from the body: Ward off, roll back, press, and pluck (grasping the sparrow's tail is what the movements are called from the form). You can move forward and backwards. If you look left be weary of your right, and you can move from your center (straight down from gravity).

Developing power one must not only develope moving the body as a single unified unit, you must also learn to move each harmony as an individual unit. Isolate each harmony and train its flexibility and range of motion. Once one has realized what its capabilities are, then apply it with the whole body behind it. Thus one does train full range of motion to develop short range explosive power.

As far as my tent pole, I am not sure of what its made of. I haven't decided yet.

Phenix
04-02-2004, 10:50 AM
We were looking deeply into taiji. The energies that come from the body: Ward off, roll back, press, and pluck (grasping the sparrow's tail is what the movements are called from the form). You can move forward and backwards. If you look left be weary of your right, and you can move from your center (straight down from gravity).-----------------

We are still in the realm of "pole". without that "pole" get iron out the rest cannot be supported.

Developing power one must not only develope moving the body as a single unified unit, you must also learn to move each harmony as an individual unit. Isolate each harmony and train its flexibility and range of motion. Once one has realized what its capabilities are, then apply it with the whole body behind it. Thus one does train full range of motion to develop short range explosive power. -----------

Look deep inside the "pole". think about it is not the same with look into it deeply.

As far as my tent pole, I am not sure of what its made of. I haven't decided yet. -----------

what is your pole? that is the first fundamental question one needs to answer honestly.

what is this one made from?
http://www.yoga.com/ydc/downloads/yoga_background_5_large.jpg

what is this one made from?

http://www.bodyworkposters.com/AstangaPosterAO.htm

PaulH
04-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Due to the spine flexibility, the body can balance itself in outrageous postures. Let talk about jing - my kind of marrow! =)

Gangsterfist
04-02-2004, 12:16 PM
My pole, is not really a pole at all I have decided. A pole is a set object with a definite static structure with limited range of motion. The body can move and be manipulated in many ways a pole cannot. I look at it as a set of broken poles that can be unified by structure to make one bigger sturdy pole. Or each pole can act independently as a set of poles forming structure.

Phenix
04-02-2004, 04:35 PM
My pole, is not really a pole at all I have decided. A pole is a set object with a definite static structure with limited range of motion. The body can move and be manipulated in many ways a pole cannot. I look at it as a set of broken poles that can be unified by structure to make one bigger sturdy pole. Or each pole can act independently as a set of poles forming structure.

Zen is about using the action to stretch the mind since mind is not everything. Sitting there with thoughts influence by others' theories; give raise to ideas from those thoughts; and then give raise to the intention to believe those theories is Zen is not going to go any way.

Nike --- just do it

Mas Oyama ---- That is Kyokushin.

Chinese Chop stick wood pole, Fible Grass pole, Steel pole.... all are differents pole until one bent them, twist them.....
There is no tent before the pole.

All is very Zen.

Phenix
04-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
Due to the spine flexibility, the body can balance itself in outrageous postures. Let talk about jing - my kind of marrow! =)

try to fill Chinese chop stick wood from those fast food store with those Jing? as you called them and see if it still brake with just one snap? :D I bet you Chinese chop stick wood will be 8 inch long and not flexible at all.

Spine is just a part of the physical.....
and
Broken Arrow guard one from over extent the tent.

All bets off when one has a Broken Arrow tent, disregard what is the advertisement said.

PaulH
04-02-2004, 05:44 PM
From what I gather from your previous posts, you seem to have the view that there is a chi meridian network which helps to strengthen our muscular skeleton frame. And then there is the breath body which regulates and supply needed oxygen to the muscles as well as calms the mind during vigorous actions. Of course also the mind or impulse body which helps to trigger those HV waves? And lastly somethinga about the internal Jing paths like that of silk reeling. Is this the pole?

Regards,
PH

Phenix
04-02-2004, 06:54 PM
From what I gather from your previous posts, you seem to have the view that there is a chi meridian network which helps to strengthen our muscular skeleton frame. And then there is the breath body which regulates and supply needed oxygen to the muscles as well as calms the mind during vigorous actions. Of course also the mind or impulse body which helps to trigger those HV waves? And lastly somethinga about the internal Jing paths like that of silk reeling. Is this the pole?

Regards,
PH

not HV but VWHW.... etc. not chi meridian network...

Guess. hehehehehe

Pole is very physical........hehehehe

http://www.bodyworkposters.com/AstangaPosterAO.htm

what is this guy's pole?

PaulH
04-02-2004, 07:45 PM
His whole body?

Phenix
04-02-2004, 08:49 PM
His whole body?

Yup, the bow. if this pole, this bow is not in good shape or fit.
The bones, spine, limbs...... not join in a well fit way.....

the rest--- qi, .... intention..... technics...philosophy.... are useless.

Broken arrow is a great guide line to make sure the pole is not over stretch.....
Thus, with Broken arrow, the tent is weak even just stood there, not to mention to sustain wind.........

Sure one can arque about rooting.... with broken arrow....
similar to sure one can pin the tent to ground statically. but when the wind, rain..... comes.... Doesnt work with broken arrow, cant bandaid cancer.

byond1
04-05-2004, 03:59 PM
hi hendrik!

long time no talk!!!

i have a question about something you have made some basic referance to.......7 star footwork.....could you explain a bit more about it in terms of wing chun??? i do know what the dipper constelation looks like but.....im still not sure what you are refering to in terms of footwork.......is this like 7 star mantis footwork?
was it the 7 star footwork you refered to as "no where left to go?"??

anerlich
04-05-2004, 04:23 PM
None of us must skimp on our tent and especially the pole in the centre to hold it up.

Otherwise, it will be .....

The winter of our discount tent.

Sorry :D

PaulH
04-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Hendrik's tent is not quite fail-proof against this kind of pun-ch! Ha! Ha!

Gangsterfist
04-06-2004, 08:37 AM

Zen is about using the action to stretch the mind since mind is not everything. Sitting there with thoughts influence by others' theories; give raise to ideas from those thoughts; and then give raise to the intention to believe those theories is Zen is not going to go any way.

The mind. What is the mind? Where is the mind? Is the mind in your head? Or is it all around you? Isn't everything you see, feel, touch, taste, smell part of the mind?

The mind is not everything, but it is everything. In a way the mind is also nothing.

So what if you have a solid steel pole? You are very strong but not very flexable. What if you are a graphite pole? More flexable, but less strength.

So, when developing power we must always use the whole body. Why is a reverse punch so powerful?

What attributes must we train to gain power in our techniques?

Phenix
04-06-2004, 08:39 AM

The mind. What is the mind? Where is the mind? Is the mind in your head? Or is it all around you? Isn't everything you see, feel, touch, taste, smell part of the mind?

The mind is not everything, but it is everything. In a way the mind is also nothing.

So what if you have a solid steel pole? You are very strong but not very flexable. What if you are a graphite pole? More flexable, but less strength.

So, when developing power we must always use the whole body. Why is a reverse punch so powerful?

What attributes must we train to gain power in our techniques?

What is power?

Phenix
04-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Hendrik's tent is not quite fail-proof against this kind of pun-ch! Ha! Ha!

One dont discuss with the blind about the shape of sun. :D

Gangsterfist
04-06-2004, 09:00 AM

What is power?

Everyone has chi whether they are aware of it or not. Chi can be translated as "air power" (I have heard other things too). Our bodies naturally generate it, but do not naturally convert it to jing. There are numerous training techniques to help develope this, and that was my intention on starting this thread. Developing power in your techniqes. If you punch does not effect me, then I won't even acknowledge it was there. If your punch does effect me it will be harder for me to prevail.

Phenix
04-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Everyone has chi whether they are aware of it or not. Chi can be translated as "air power" (I have heard other things too). Our bodies naturally generate it, but do not naturally convert it to jing. There are numerous training techniques to help develope this, and that was my intention on starting this thread. -----

Have anyone actually saw air power instead of heard about it?

Gangsterfist
04-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Have anyone actually saw air power instead of heard about it?

Can you see air? Can you see energy?

Seeing can also be deceptive, feeling is better IMO. If you can feel the energy, feel the air you do not need to see it. You know its there because you can feel it.

Phenix
04-06-2004, 10:00 AM

There are numerous training techniques to help develope this, and that was my intention on starting this thread. .......

Can you see air? Can you see energy?---HS

Seeing can also be deceptive, feeling is better IMO. If you can feel the energy, feel the air you do not need to see it. You know its there because you can feel it.....

great point.

But I am not conviced.

please Show us step by step how to deliver the air power from the Qi. so we can feel it.

Gangsterfist
04-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Standing meditation or taiji form can help develope chi (qi gong as well, plus many others). Slow controlled relaxed movements while breathing from the dan tien (buddahs breath). Place the tounge on the pallet to connect the battery and increase flow of your major chi merridian. One will start to feel lots of warmth, and a collection of saliva in their mouth. Now try controlling that warmth with the mind, compact it back down in to the dan tien. You can not see the energy but you can feel it in your body. Breathe in and out through your nose, it is importnat to develope good breathing. Also when you expand your diafram and breathe down into the dan tien you are strengthening your internal organs. Doing yoga stretches will also streghthen your internal organs as well.

Once you are aware of the energy, next try to control it. This is where I have trouble a lot of times. I can feel it but have problems controlling it. Perhaps I am not focused enough at the matter at hand, or perhaps I overthink it.

Now, for the energy to travel through your body and be relased you need to have good pathways. If a highway is blocked or only has one lane, traffic will not move as smoothly as it could through it. There is where the training comes in. Tension will decrease blood flow, and therefore decrease the amount of oxygen flowing through your body in your blood stream. Punching and kicking the air and help develope better highways through your meridians. Increasing flexability also helps. The better the flow, the easier it is to relase.

Once one is aware of the feeling, how does one develope it?

Phenix
04-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Standing meditation or taiji form can help develope chi (qi gong as well, plus many others). Slow controlled relaxed movements while breathing from the dan tien (buddahs breath). Place the tounge on the pallet to connect the battery and increase flow of your major chi merridian. One will start to feel lots of warmth, and a collection of saliva in their mouth. Now try controlling that warmth with the mind, compact it back down in to the dan tien. You can not see the energy but you can feel it in your body. ------

That is thermal energy the most. if it is not your fantasy or daydream or helucination.

Breathe in and out through your nose, it is importnat to develope good breathing. Also when you expand your diafram and breathe down into the dan tien you are strengthening your internal organs. Doing yoga stretches will also streghthen your internal organs as well.----

So, the art is incomplete because you need to use Yoga.

Once you are aware of the energy, next try to control it. This is where I have trouble a lot of times. I can feel it but have problems controlling it. ------

There is a different between energy and power. thermal energy and force that bounce people away. is it about control? or about conversion?

Perhaps I am not focused enough at the matter at hand, or perhaps I overthink it. ------

There is no process if one doesnt know what one wants. controlling energy? power conversion? energy to power conversion? thermal to physical converstion.........

Now, for the energy to travel through your body and be relased you need to have good pathways. If a highway is blocked or only has one lane, traffic will not move as smoothly as it could through it. There is where the training comes in. Tension will decrease blood flow, and therefore decrease the amount of oxygen flowing through your body in your blood stream. ------

Is it about energy flow? or power converstion? or power emittion? or .....? otherwise, it is just bits and pices which were tried to be combine but there is no process. a collective of items doesnt make a car.

Punching and kicking the air and help develope better highways through your meridians. -----

Punching and kicking do not be default develope better highways throught meridians. Otherwise, everyone who punch and kick all develope better hightways..... but some got hurt, or even pops out thier shoulder....

Increasing flexability also helps. The better the flow, the easier it is to relase. ------

Then, the art doesnt work. because one has to import Yoga ... as in above to flexible one's body.

Once one is aware of the feeling, how does one develope it? ----

Feeling falling in love doesnt develop a great strategy to "capture" :D the hot lady.

Hahahaha, I know I am acting like a "JEXX". I am trying to simulate how the nature talk to you if the nature can response to you.

Gangsterfist
04-06-2004, 12:17 PM
That is thermal energy the most. if it is not your fantasy or daydream or helucination.

Energy can change forms, no?

So, the art is incomplete because you need to use Yoga.

Nope, just saying there is always more than one path, more than one way to get results.

There is a different between energy and power. thermal energy and force that bounce people away. is it about control? or about conversion?

Its about developing different kinds of power. Building attributes.

Is it about energy flow? or power converstion? or power emittion? or .....? otherwise, it is just bits and pices which were tried to be combine but there is no process. a collective of items doesnt make a car.

All of the above. You must understand all of it to be able to fully use it. Also, isn't a car a collective of parts? A car is not one part it is many parts working together.

Punching and kicking do not be default develope better highways throught meridians. Otherwise, everyone who punch and kick all develope better hightways..... but some got hurt, or even pops out thier shoulder....

Training the body in full motions helps develope power at short motions. If you do not train the punch or the kick how can you develope power in the punch and the kick? Working muscle groups and stretching will ease tension, which will also allow better flow.

Developing power is developing energy, maintaining flow of energy, is having full range of motion.

How do you train for this? There are many aspects to developing power I created this thread to discuss them, not to put it into chan buddhist philosophy. However, I do enjoy the philosophy.

Phenix
04-06-2004, 03:59 PM
you still believe in those air power? :D

anerlich
04-06-2004, 06:14 PM
One dont discuss with the blind about the shape of sun.

Assuming that wasn't some form of personal attack..

A bit disingenuous, aren't we? Why would blind people not be interested in the shape of the source of that warmth that they feel? Or not have a passing interest in astrophysics?

You've never trained blindfolded? What you can't see can't hurt you?

Gangsterfist
04-06-2004, 06:37 PM
you still believe in those air power? :D

If you are referring to chi, then yes to some degree I think it exists. I have done taiji and qigong for a while now and my sigung (soon to be sifu) is very knowledgeable in this and has taught me a little of it. It is something that I do not fully understand yet, especially qigong, but I can feel what they are describing to me.

I can feel what the chinese call water hands in my taiji forms (resistance, like running your hands through water). I have never felt that before really before I started training taiji.

Okay, Hendrick, so now why don't you explain how to develope power in your techniques. You seem to be elusive and not wanting to discuss this topic, only to nit pick at what I post. I am not saying I am right, I just want to have a discussion about it.

Phenix
04-06-2004, 07:41 PM

Okay, Hendrick, so now why don't you explain how to develope power in your techniques. You seem to be elusive and not wanting to discuss this topic, only to nit pick at what I post. I am not saying I am right, I just want to have a discussion about it.

I sometimes play the bad guy :D.

But, how is the tent suppose to hold up with Air power?
Just Cant if it is not a ball. :D

I nit pick the stuffs which the chinese has delude themself for decades.....

Thus, I have heard,
Started with the Manchurian royal family wanted to learn about TaiJi, So the Mr Yang was called into the palace to teach. Then, a fantasy or a lie was created --- the air power for those Manchurian princes which doesnt want to get physical sweating.....
So, one dig and dig into philosophy and thoughts and thinking and ideas in the Cafe...instead of sweating in the gym.. thinking somedays walla. The magical power will be there......

That was for the Manchurian princes, but then the Chinese started to believe into those too. And episode over episodes... continous.......

Do you heard about Chang Dung-Shen the Chinese Wrestling guy beat the General who did Taiji? That was real.

So, are we blind from those fantasy or are we ready to talk about the shape sun? the living without the root chakra but start at the fifth chakra an above? the music without the bass ? I dont know.
I guess it is winter in Aus, Anerlich ? Must be rainy days with or without sun.

anerlich
04-06-2004, 07:55 PM
I guess it is winter in Aus, Anerlich ? Must be rainy days?

Since you ask (why, I'm not sure):

It's mid-autumn in Aus, which would be apparent to most with a basic understanding of the calendar.

The last few days it has rained, but much of Eastern Australia has suffered significant drought for several years. Water usage restrictions are currently in force in Sydney. Rain falls on much of the city itself, but not in the water supply catchment areas.

But, how is the tent suppose to hold up with Air power?

Deprived childhood, no bouncy castles for you, huh?

thinking somedays walla

WALLAH! Is red5angel out there somewhere?

byond1
04-07-2004, 04:05 PM
hello?????? hendrik???????? "no place to stand"??? 7 stars???

Phenix
04-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by byond1
hello?????? hendrik???????? "no place to stand"??? 7 stars???

Those are WCK stuffs nothing to do with mantis

Gangsterfist
04-07-2004, 06:31 PM

Those are WCK stuffs nothing to do with mantis

Yeah, but it can be said that wing chun kicks and southern mantis kicks look very similiar. Perhaps there is some relation, perhaps its just coincidence.

Phenix
04-07-2004, 07:03 PM

Yeah, but it can be said that wing chun kicks and southern mantis kicks look very similiar. Perhaps there is some relation, perhaps its just coincidence.

There are lots can be said about look very similar. But off a millimeter can off ten thousand mile.

byond1
04-12-2004, 05:34 PM
gangster___the 7 star kick/footwork isnt from southern mantis.....but from northern mantis......
hendrik mentioned that cho family had 7 star footwork in the 4th section of there slt form.....and i was hopiing he could be a tad more specfic....

phenix--could you elaborate?? what is the purpose of the footwork?

yuanfen
04-12-2004, 06:05 PM
gangsterfist sez:Yeah, but it can be said that wing chun kicks and southern mantis kicks look very similiar. Perhaps there is some relation, perhaps its just coincidence.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many Southern systems share some characteristics- low kicks more often than not.

Kicks come from the dynamics of structures and mantis and wing chun structures have differences. There are differences within
the mantis umbrella- differences between Hakka and Temple (HK)
versions.

Kicks can look similar without necessarily being the same.

Gangsterfist
04-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by yuanfen
gangsterfist sez:Yeah, but it can be said that wing chun kicks and southern mantis kicks look very similiar. Perhaps there is some relation, perhaps its just coincidence.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many Southern systems share some characteristics- low kicks more often than not.

Kicks come from the dynamics of structures and mantis and wing chun structures have differences. There are differences within
the mantis umbrella- differences between Hakka and Temple (HK)
versions.

Kicks can look similar without necessarily being the same.

Yup, you are most correct. Since my sifu will be moving soon we have had many people from other schools come join us every class. I have got to touch hands with a lot of different southern styles of kung fu this last month and they all have a lot of similarities.

byond1
04-19-2004, 05:26 PM
i guess ,since im not insulting you hendrik ...i dont deserve an answer......

Phenix
04-19-2004, 07:00 PM

There is lots of things in the world wihout "a" answer even Kill BILL has 2 parts to tell the story. So, it has nothing to do with deserve. :D

Gangsterfist
04-19-2004, 07:08 PM

Getting a straight answer from hendrick is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone...

...it just doesn't happen.

Phenix
04-19-2004, 07:12 PM

Getting a straight answer from hendrick is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone...

...it just doesn't happen.

That is because you are not in San Jose! :D

Ask KJ or Joy, I even perform hula dance. IF that give the answer. :D

Come down to San Jose, in a few minutes you know what I am talking about. :D

Joy how to sing that San Jose Song? :D

BTW a STRAIGT ANSWER! you spell my name wrong :D

Phenix
04-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Gangsterfist ,

Go for KILL BILL II.
There the Bak mei teaches Uma the secret power developing and 5 steps explode heart palm. The cat is out! :D Watch it and see if it works. :D

Phenix
04-19-2004, 07:24 PM
I will visit Transavania this early May via Budapest Hungary.

Here I brought all my power tools.

http://www.empiremovies.com/posters/van_helsing_final.shtml

Gangsterfist
04-19-2004, 07:31 PM
Ah bak mei from fist of the white lotus, except in the original if I recall it was a 100 pace palm strike and not a 5 pace. However, now that I think back on it, he also had a 10 pace palm strike.

Sorry for misspelling your name phenix (pheonix). It was not meant in any disrespect, only in ignorance of not knowing how to correctly spell your name.

Perhaps, instead, you can show me the correct spelling of your name and then from here on I shall not mispell it.

Yesterday we did lots of push ups. We did 150 push ups, then we did burst push ups. Its where you are in push up position but your elbows are touching the ground. Your arms are triangled below your chest. Your forearms are touching the ground. From the position you lean forward and then burst up into a regular push up. Its very hard to do, and helps develope ba fa jing (release within an inch). This is pretty much doing short range bursts of power to make a push up.

Phenix
04-19-2004, 07:51 PM

Yesterday we did lots of push ups. We did 150 push ups, then we did burst push ups. Its where you are in push up position but your elbows are touching the ground. Your arms are triangled below your chest. Your forearms are touching the ground. From the position you lean forward and then burst up into a regular push up. Its very hard to do, and helps develope ba fa jing (release within an inch). This is pretty much doing short range bursts of power to make a push up.

Nah,

Look Closely, the secret of Power shows here!

Gangsterfist
04-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Hmm, to me it looks more super natural...

Phenix
04-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Hmm, to me it looks more super natural...

Hmmm you always forget the BOW ! :D

byond1
04-21-2004, 02:45 PM
phenix--....if someone doesnt believe in, or agree with your ideas(cho family)/history ...you repeatedly explain yourself...and try your best to be specific....when someone wants to know what you believe or what you are talking about, and isnt argueing with you or telling you your a nut, you dont/wont explain yourself
you dont owe me or anyone else anything obviously....but this is a discussion forum....you brought up the 7 star footwork....i was trying to understand what you meant, in the context of cho family. i know where the 7 stars are located in yks wck..but know almost nothing about cho family.....and was trying to better understand on a whole what the cho family has passed on. there is almost no information available on cho slt. you are the only source in america!
brian

Phenix
04-21-2004, 07:38 PM
phenix--....if someone doesnt believe in, or agree with your ideas(cho family)/history ...you repeatedly explain yourself...and try your best to be specific....-------

That is because it is about ancestor not about Hendrik.

when someone wants to know what you believe or what you are talking about, and isnt argueing with you or telling you your a nut, you dont/wont explain yourself ----

that is because I am not that important and I can be wrong. thus, I dont explain.

you dont owe me or anyone else anything obviously....but this is a discussion forum....you brought up the 7 star footwork....i was trying to understand ........but know almost nothing about cho family.....and was trying to better understand on a whole what the cho family has passed on. there is almost no information available on cho slt. you are the only source in america! -----------

For example,
I have tried to explain the cross bow jing.... how many will understand what am I talking about.

Perhaps you want to ask KJ since she saw that cross bow VWHW jing.
how different is that betwen describe in the word and view? There might be heaven and earth different between my description and what I did.

Same with those foot work. It is not easy to describe.

Gangsterfist
04-21-2004, 08:34 PM
That is because it is about ancestor not about Hendrik.

that is because I am not that important and I can be wrong. thus, I dont explain.

For example,
I have tried to explain the cross bow jing.... how many will understand what am I talking about.

how different is that betwen describe in the word and view? There might be heaven and earth different between my description and what I did.

Same with those foot work. It is not easy to describe.

Hendrik (spelled your name right this time)-

Okay man here is where you and I differ. This is okay no two humans will ever be the same. You say its about ancestors not about hendrik. Interesting, for someone who speaks a lot about zen, which is the japanese word for chan which is the chinese word for, a school of buddhism that believes one can reach enlightenment via meditation. Someone who is a zen buddhist would not live in the past or dwell about the future. They would live in the now, the present is how I understand it. I am not a practicing buddhist, but that is what I have gathered from what I have learned. So why care about the past and the ancestors so much?

You say you also try to explain things to us but no one can understand, or you are worried they may interpret it wrong. If you do follow zen such worries should not really concern you. People will either learn or not learn from you. That is their choice not yours. When I started this thread you just came out and questioned everything I posted with broken philisophical jargin.

Your reasons about you being wrong and that is why you do not explain is a total cop out. That is like saying I don't try because I know I will fail, or not be good at it. We are trying to have progressive conversations here, and I am trying to learn things. There are many people on this forum who have decades of wisdom with wing chun and kung fu in general. This forum is actually a valuable resource to learn about wing chun. I see it that way. I do not try to act superior, troll the boards, or come up with cryptic philisophical jargin that I don't even truly follow. You talk alot about zen but your actions do not seem very zen like.

I could be totally wrong about these assumptions I have made because I do not know you in person. I accept that, and if I am wrong I can accept that as well and appollogize for any confusion, or distress you may find from my words.

The simple fact still remains that there really are people here willing to learn from what you have to say hendrik. All you have to do is make a choice of whether or not to share you knowledge and wisdom. What we gain from it is up to us not up to you. So if you want to explain yourself in a constructive manner and contribute to this thread, do so, I highly encourage you to. I appreciate your input. If you are just going to spout out a bunch of zen jargin and talk in metaphors and be very vague about every subject, then please do not post anything else. It is a waste of your time and mine.

yylee
04-21-2004, 08:44 PM
how different is that betwen describe in the word and view? There might be heaven and earth different between my description and what I did. .

Ah... guess KJ owes us an eye-witness report on this whatever cross bowl volkswagon hard-wired jing of yours. :D

I am sure she can explain it better than any one of us here. ;)

Phenix
04-21-2004, 11:20 PM

If you are just going to spout out a bunch of zen jargin and talk in metaphors and be very vague about every subject, then please do not post anything else. It is a waste of your time and mine. [/B]

I offer you to come to San jose. since you dont want to take it that is fine.

------------------------------------------------
That is because you are not in San Jose!

Ask KJ or Joy, I even perform hula dance. IF that give the answer.

Come down to San Jose, in a few minutes you know what I am talking about.
--------------------------------------

thanks!

So, Here I will not post any more since it waste everyone's time. :D

BTW, Tent, Pole are not Zen jargin and not vague at all. They are really tangible physical analogy.

Gangsterfist
04-22-2004, 01:31 AM
Hendrik,

If I had the time and money to go to san jose I would. Its not that I can't understand what you are saying. Its I can't always connect your analagies. Analagies are still somewhat vague.

When I ask to you explain it in laymens terms or just explain it out right you just give me more analagies. Not to mention the language barrier as well. Like I said, take no offense to this. This is not anything negative towards you. I just do not appreciate it when I ask you to explain something you just post a link of tents, cars, computers, cell phones, etc. None of that really has anything to do with kung fu. Kung fu was around many many years before that technology. Also, being that I work in the IT field myself and have a pretty decent knowledge of computer hardware, software, operating systems, peripherals so I can see where you are coming from, I just can't sometimes make the connection between your statement and the analogy of the link you posted. When I ask you to explain it, you say I won't understand.

Anyways, best of luck to ya.

GF

kj
04-22-2004, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by yylee
Ah... guess KJ owes us an eye-witness report on this whatever cross bowl volkswagon hard-wired jing of yours. :D

I am sure she can explain it better than any one of us here. ;)

Don't I wish. Hardly anyone can understand what I write either. :D
- kj

Phenix
04-22-2004, 06:38 AM
Hendrik,

If I had the time and money to go to san jose I would. Its not that I can't understand what you are saying. Its I can't always connect your analagies. Analagies are still somewhat vague.....

Ahh, Hui Ke sit on to wait until the snow pile up as high as his waist. Hui Neng travel long distance to the north for the Zen teaching without any money. That is Zen. See Zen is using action to strech the mind then the body. Not using theory and derivative of logic to understand Zen. A person who want to lose weigth will have to take the first step to practice on diet. Can't just sit there and read books......

With all the Kuits and set.... I have to spend 27 years to understand what is my SLT is about. So word and .... doesnt mean much until some days one can link everything into a holistic pice.

what one think is vague might be causing by one didnt strech one's horizontal enough.

There is no layman term for certain things after passing the gate of introduction. how to become great swimmer with reading and imagination only?

As for Zen, IF one cannot go beyond mind one doesnt know Zen. and that is very vague but it exist that way.

Power development is mind and body. The tent, the pole, the strecthing of mind.

PaulH
04-22-2004, 07:53 AM
Philosophy really means lover of wisdom (Philo = love, sophia = wisdom). In that sense I unashamedly like Hendrik's posts a lot. I am always all ear when it takes someone twenty seven long and frustrating years to learn something properly! =)

San Jose is only a few months away. It seems like I'm already there in my mind. Someone stretches my fancy a little.

Regards,
PH

Gangsterfist
04-22-2004, 08:03 AM
Its not that I don't like philosophy or I don't like Phenix's posts. I like his posts, its just when I try to get a solid answer out of him he puts up a link to a poster of the van helsing movie, which honestly made no sense to me at all. Van helsing was a fictional character that was draculas nemesis basically. I don't see how that is relevant to developing power.

I could grasp the jest of the tent and pole analogy. Still though I looked at it 5 or 6 different ways and was not sure exactly what he meant. When I try to understand what he says and cannot make the connection he just leaves it at that or talks about kill bill 2 or gives me links to a van helsing poster? I can't tell if he is insulting my intelect, being funny, or seriously trying to make a point.

I am pretty open minded and can stretch my mind and open my heart. At the same time however, if someone is just going to send me clips of hollywood films and try to relate it to developing power it makes no sense.

PaulH
04-22-2004, 09:07 AM
GF,

Phoenix bird is not human but divine. So to communicate the heavenly way to the earthly man will always be problematic and quarrelsome resulting in mucho bird hunting seasons. It's okay to take some shots here and there at this flying elusive bird as he seems amusedly asking for it. It may take you 27 years to catch the Phoenix song though! Let hope it worths it! =)

Regards,
PH

Phenix
04-22-2004, 09:19 AM
I am pretty open minded and can stretch my mind and open my heart. At the same time however, if someone is just going to send me clips of hollywood films and try to relate it to developing power it makes no sense.

There goes your open mind and open heart. :D
If I am not wrong, you are expecting things to be as you think what it is. Swiming or Hollywood or WCK all are just symbols and they means different things, different expectation to different people. hahahaha

Bro, in this world lots of things doesnt make sense if seeing with one's expected way.

Zen is about NON-Expectation in mind and body.
ISnt it say Come accept, goes send.....
If one expect it has to be this way or that long. The nature might not run as you like it.

How can you issue power with those chinese fantasy of Qi and practicing things this way for 30 years and then waalllaaaaaaa the magic happen successfull story. Sorry, according to nature, it doesnt work that way. So, Null the expectation that is the first step.

I spent 27 years in nulling my expectation. and nothing is magic. And the nulling is continous never ending.... now going to learn more YoGA.... hahahaha. lots of Yoga people's health or the body builder's health is better then those Qigon masters who didnt do nothing but feeding the fantasy of thier sifu or sigung or sijo's stories. and the worst thing about those fantasy stories is similar to hypnotise one to belive that all rabit has horns and trying to find a rabit by identify the horns. One sure can find horns rabit in Hollywood movies. :D

To live in this instant is about NON expectation. that is Zen. hahahaha. and answer can come from a hollywood poster. Why not?

Phenix
04-22-2004, 09:25 AM
GF,

Phoenix bird is not human but divine. So to communicate the heavenly way to the earthly man will always be problematic and quarrelsome resulting in mucho bird hunting seasons. It's okay to take some shots here and there at this flying elusive bird as he seems amusedly asking for it. It may take you 27 years to catch the Phoenix song though! Let hope it worths it! =)

Regards,
PH

IT takes me 27 years to null out my expectation of how things suppose to be and still goes on nulling.... hahahaha

It is not about a song, Everytime Phoenix burn itself, it is one step closer to the reality. That is Zen right? Nulling one's own expectation.

Thus, I never believe in secret teaching, I never believe in those Shao LIn secret of the origina...... I never believe in those stanzas are the most original.....

If one doesnt have the NULLING TECHNOLOGY, there is no Zen.
If one doesnt have the NON Broken arrow, there is no power issuing.

And Nulling needs to be done by oneself. step by step. I love to irritate you Pual because I am pushing you to NULLING. HEHEHEHE

Got it? THAT IS ZEN right?

If the mind live in fantasy land only Zen will come to rescue. But when Zen was thought to be a part of mind and logic. Then, hit the head to stop the CPU to experience Nulling of Expectation. hahahaa.

Gangsterfist
04-22-2004, 09:27 AM
...A person who want to lose weigth will have to take the first step to practice on diet. Can't just sit there and read books......

Exactly!! DING DING DING, I agree. To develope power one must do physical exercise to keep the body in shape. One must practice motions (how can I have a powerful punch, if I don't practice punching?). One must also build up strength from with in. I also practice taiji and qigong.

I am trying to cover all aspects of developing power.

I do physical work outs until complete muscle failure occurs. I stretch, practice forms, cultivate chi, I also spar and practice punching and kicking. I am trying to develope good fa jing. Good energy release. I know its not something that will happen over night, and I know that I can't learn as much from internet message forums as I could from hands on with someone who has had decades of experience. However, I can learn something from this forum, which IMO is better than learning nothing.

My sifu says he can feel me release on him when we spar. So I know I have developed some kind of skill, but its not anywhere near as good as it could be. That is why I train hard. Here in 2 weeks my work schedule changes and I will be taking 20 hours of kung fu classes/week. Not to mention the work outs on top of that I do in my free time. That is basically a second job. Training in 3 different styles, but emphasizing on mostly wing chun. My sifu just happens to teach yang taiji with his wing chun for many reasons. He says that training both helps your wing chun skills develope a certain way which is nothing but beneficial to your wing chun.

Phenix
04-22-2004, 09:47 AM
THE BIGGEST KEY ABOUT FLOWING WITH IT , IS ABOUT NULLING THE EXPECTATION --- NON EXPECT.

WHEN NON EXPECT THERE YOU STRECTH YOUR MIND AND PHYSICAL WITH NATURE FULL UNCONDITIONAL ALERTNESS.

VAN HENDRIK HELSING CANNOT GO TO THE COUNT DRACULA'S CASTLE WITH EXPECTATION THAT EVERYTHING WILL FOLLOW HIS PLAN. SUCH WILL BRING LOTS OF FEAR AND STRESS AND UNEXPECTATION OPPS...... WHO KNOW WHAT STUNT THAT SUCKER SUPER POWER UNDEAD DRACUL WILL DO OR PULL. AND VAN HENDRIK DOESNT CARE BECAUSE HE BROUGHT ZEN -- THE UNMOVING WISDOM , THE THOUSAND HANDS OF KANON WITH HIM, THE NON EXPECTATION. THE HAERT OF WING CHUN'S -- COME ACCEPT GOES RETURN.... DRACULA IS UNDEAD BUT HE HAS BORN. VAN HENDRIK HELSING IS NEVER BEING BORN THUS THERE IS NO DEATH OF BORN --- NON-DUAL.

NULLING THE EXPECTATION AND FLOW WITH CONDITION IS THE CORE OF BE ABLE TO EMBRACE THE UNCERTAINTY AND TRANSCENT ALL HINDERANCE INTO STEPING STONE. AND THAT DEFINE THE SHAPE OF THE POWER. AND THAT IS THE BODY OF THE UNCONDITIONAL ALERTNESS.

THERE IS NO FEAR WITHOUT EXPECTATION. WHEN THERE IS NO FEAR HOW MUCH POWER DO YOU HAVE THEN?

VAN HENDRIK
APR 2004 IN THE CASTLE OF DRACULA.
ADVENTURE INTO NULLING EXPECTATION IS FOREVER!

Phenix
04-22-2004, 09:53 AM

However, I can learn something from this forum, which IMO is better than learning nothing.

[/B]

YOU LEARN NULLING YOUR EXPECTATION.

PaulH
04-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Thus I hear and understand though I don't get "it" ! =) Why don't you show us how you null your expectation of things?

Regards,
PH

Phenix
04-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Thus I hear and understand though I don't get "it" ! =) Why don't you show us how you null your expectation of things?

Regards,
PH

YOU EAR IS DOING IT AT EVERY INSTANT. HEAR WIHTOUT EXPECTING.

NOT EXPECT THERE IS A THING THAT VAN HENDRIK HELSING KNOWS THAT YOU DONT. AND NOT EXPECTING HE HAS TO SHOW YOU FOR YOU TO KNOW.

ISNT THAT NULLING?

Phenix
04-22-2004, 10:13 AM
STAY WITH YOUR ALERTNESS THAT IS ZEN. THAT ALERTNESS IS YOUR BUDDHA NATURE. THAT ALERTNESS IS THE SILENCE. THAT ALERTNESS IS THE LIVING IN THIS INSTANT. THAT ALERNTNESS IS NULLING THE EXPECTATION NATUALLY WITHOUT USING YOUR BRAIN TO THINK. THAT IS WHAT DAMO BRING FROM INDIA TO CHINA. THAT IS THE CORE OF SHAO LIN. THAT IS THE IMMOVABLE WISDOM. THAT IS NON DUAL.

GIVE UP YOUR LOGIC AND YOU SHALL EXPERIENCE THE TRANSCENT. UNTIL YOU GIVE UP YOUR LOGIC AND WHAT YOUR SIFU SAID OR YOUR ... SAID... YOU WONT KNOW.

DONT BELIEVE? HAHAHA

SEE, WHEN YOU ARE A SLEEP, ALL YOUR LOGIC DOESNT WORK BUT YOUR ALERTNESS IS STILL THERE IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU YOU KNOW.

SO ALERTNESS/CONCIOUSNESS NEVER COME AND GOES. IT NEVER BORN THUS NEVER DIE. IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE EXIST BECAUSE OF THE THINKING OR MIND OR NIM.
KNOW THE TRUE MASTER AND THUS THE LITTLE IDEA IS MANAGE NATURALLY.

Gangsterfist
04-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Man, good stuff!

A smart man realizes he knows nothing. An ignorant man claims to be an expert.

I see where you are getting at. I am very humble towards myself (or at least I try to be). I always think there is always room for improvements.

However, hendrik, I would say there are plenty of things you know that I do not, and vice versa.

I do not expect anything beyond what my current results go. I do work hard to possibly get past my current state, but if it never happens it never happens. All I can do is try.

Phenix
04-22-2004, 10:29 AM

I do not expect anything beyond what my current results go. I do work hard to possibly get past my current state, but if it never happens it never happens. All I can do is try.

YOU STILL USING THIS BRAIN OR LOGIC OR PROGRAM OF YOU AND NOT INTENT TO SEE THE ORIGINAL FACE OF YOU. HAHAHAHA

THAT PROGRAM DOESNT WORK EVEN YOU THINK IT IS YOU. TRY IT WHEN YOU WAKE FROM A DREAM OR SLEEP AND SEE IF YOU REMEMBER YOUR SLEEP AND DREAM... BUT HOW COME THAT GANGSTERFIST PROGRAM DOESNT WORK THERE?

WHO IS TRYING? HAHAHAHA
THAT PROGRAM NAME GANGSTERFIST WILL LIKE TO KEEP YOU WITHIN THE PROGRAM BECAUSE IT IS COMFORTABLE. BUT THAT HE IS NOT THE MASTER WHILE YOU ARE ASLEEP. SO WHY DO YOU TRUST HIM AND LET IT CONTROL YOU? OR SET YOUR LIMITATION?

WHO ARE YOU?
SOMETIMES YOU ARE THOUGHT. SOMETIMES YOU ARE MIND SOMETIMES YOU ARE FEELING. SOMETIMES YOU ARE SENSATION. SOMETIMES YOU ARE ....
BUT ARE THOSE ABOVE , WHICH YOU TAKE FOR GRANTED AS THE REFERENCE TO RESPONSE OR REACT, IS YOU OR JUST A TIMELY PHENOMENON WHERE SOME REPEAT AND SOME DONT, WHERE THE THOUGHT GET INFLUENCE BY EVEN THE MOVIE WHICH THE MIND DOESNT EVEN KNOW? OH YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO IGNORE SOME. SO YOU FALLING IN LOVE. OR THE ALERTNESS/CONCIOUSNESS WHICH NEVER BEING BORN NOR DEAD BUT EXIST IN YOUR THOUGHT, MIND, FEELING, SENSATION, AWAKE, AND DREAM. WHO ARE U?

THAT ALETNESS NEVER BORN THUS IT NEVER DIE. THAT IS YOUR ORIGINAL FACE. ONE STEP TO THE MOON. HAHAHA. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY BRO.

AND WHEN YOU DO NOT RELY ON THE EXPECTATION OF THOUGHT, FEELING, SENSATION..... BUT REST ON ALERTNESS YOU ARE FREE FROM SUFFERING. BECAUSE SUFFERING COMES FROM EXPECTATION OF HOW IT HAS TO BE.

Phenix
04-22-2004, 10:35 AM

However, hendrik, ...

WHO IS HENDRIK? THAT PROGRAM WHICH TOLD YOU ALL ABOUT RED BOAT AND CHO FAMILY AND WING CHUN AND THE PAST?
THAT IS JUST A PROGRAM ISNT IT? A PROGRAM CONDITION BY ITS GROWING ENVIROMENT,EDUCATION, RACE DNA, LIVING ENVIRONMENT, NATIONALITY SIGNATURE, LOOPING WITH ITS OWN OPERATION, PROCESSING THE INPUT DATA ACCORDING TO THE PROGRAM.

THE TRUE POWER OF THE COMPUTER WILL NOT RISE IF THAT OLD PROGRAM DOESNT STOP. IT IS JUST AN APPLICATION PROGRAM SO STOP IT AND SEE WHAT IS THE POWER OF THAT COMPUTER.

ISNT IT WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT DEVELOPING POWER? GET TO THE CORE. DONT COUNT THE NAME OF THE PROGRAMS.

BR
VAN HELSING

PaulH
04-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Why is Alertness/consciousness wisdom immovable? I like your terrific insight to the question of original face.

Regards,
PH

P.S Is this what you mean?

"In the Buddhist Pantheon the myô-ô (kings of light) are vanquishers of evil. Fudô stands as the most famous of the wisdom kings. As an esoteric Buddhist guardian deity, Fudô Myô-ô—Immovable Wisdom King is the protector of Buddhism and the destroyer of the illusions of life. With a glaring continence, Fudô Myo-ô guides us in achieving a mind that is unaffected by desires and the carnal temptations of life. As a messenger of Dainichi Nyorai (Cosmic Buddha), Fudô grasps the devil slaying sword (gôma no ken) in his right hand, which symbolizes wisdom cutting through ignorance, while in his left hand, the rope (kensaku) catches and binds the demons of desire.

Fudô Myo-ô guides one onto the path of self-control by cutting though the illusionary mind with his wisdom sword and with his rope, binding the passions that lead one astray. Fudô is portrayed surrounded by flames that bring light and purification to the darkness of the deluded mind. He usually sits or stands on a flat rock symbolizing the concept of Fudôshin —Immovable mind.

The translation of Fudôshin also means “immovable heart.” Fudô means immovable while shin indicates heart as well as mind. And this is in truth the spiritual meaning of fudôshin where the heart and mind are one. The immovable heart is also the immovable mind and the immovable mind is also the immovable heart, paradoxical. On the surface, the concept of fudôshin also seems contradictory where the mind and heart are always moving while being immovable. The key is a mind that remains detached, an essential quality for the martial and/or spiritual artist.

An immovable mind, one that is detached, does not stop or become fixated on any one thing but constantly flows while staying centered. This is true mastery—mastery of life. As martial and spiritual artists, this allows us to achieve a state of mind where all actions and re-actions are natural and effective without the corrupting influence of anger, fear, doubt, winning, losing and so forth."

Gangsterfist
04-22-2004, 12:06 PM
... THE TRUE POWER OF THE COMPUTER WILL NOT RISE IF THAT OLD PROGRAM DOESNT STOP. IT IS JUST AN APPLICATION PROGRAM SO STOP IT AND SEE WHAT IS THE POWER OF THAT COMPUTER.

ISNT IT WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT DEVELOPING POWER? GET TO THE CORE. DONT COUNT THE NAME OF THE PROGRAMS...

So you are saying its not the application (or practice) itself, its the hardware that runs it? Applications are still limited to run in the enviroment they are installed in. They can only process data as fast as the hardware will allow it to. If the hardware is way advanced and the application is not coded properly to run in that enviroment, and process that data, then it in effect will slow down your productivity (or end results).

If I wrote a computer program to count prime numbers from 1 to 1 billion and ran it on a system that did not have the proper hardware specs, it would not be wise to do so.

Now enviroment has a lot to play with it. Is it a networked hive mind type unix enviroment, like the beowolf project? Tons of computers working together for one purpose. Or, is it perhaps one super computer by itself trying to solve the problem? There is an old saying that two heads are better than one.

What type of program is gangsterfist? how did he come about, and who programmed him? All good question that I don't even know if I could answer, at least not simple short answers. I am a lot of things, I am also not a lot of things. Does that all really matter though? If the program works and keeps updated along with the hardware technology increases why get rid of it? Why upgrade it?

Sometimes you have to download a patch to fix your application, due to incompatabilities with technology advancement.

Phenix
04-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Why is Alertness/consciousness wisdom immovable? -------

Tonight when you go to sleep. your mind drift off to dream land but is your consciousness/Alertness ( not that force concentration) still on? why if other call your name while your are in deep sleep you still heard?

Obseve and you shall see.

What you think you are or that who you feel you need to defend are just temperary phenomenon of Sensation, thoughts....
The real you is your alertness and concsicousness. That capability of sense and thought and concsious and know.... not those logic....

Next time when you experience a black out in thought may be due to too loud of sound or suddent moving shock in the movie. that is because your consciousness and alertness what block out by your reaction or your mind. Thus you freezed!

You expect and it didnt come the way you want. you freezed.
if you keep the NON expect or alert what will freezed you?

So, Alertness/consciousness wisdom immovable is simple!

I like your terrific insight to the question of original face. -----

You got to face Count Dracula face to face to know your are Van Helsing. :D

Phenix
04-22-2004, 08:21 PM
WHEN YOU CANT SEE THE SPACE OR HEARD THE SILENCE IN DYNAMIC CONDITION. THAT IS THE TIME WHEN YOUR ALERTNESS WAS BLOCKED AND YOUR MUSCLE TENSE!

SPACE IS ABOUT ALERTNESS TIME IS ABOUT HOW MANY THOUGHTS FLOWING IN YOUR MIND.

THUS, ZEN IS ABOUT FINDING THAT IMMOVABLE WISDOM BEYOND TIME AND SPACE. DRACULA CANNOT GET YOU IF YOU KNOW THAT IMMOVABLE WISDOM ---- BUDDHA NATURE.

TIME AND SPACE DOESNT MEAN A THING WHEN YOU ARE ALERTNESS OF CONCIOUSNESS BLOCK.

BUT, IF YOU PLAY IN THE DOMAIN OF TIME AND SPACE.
DRACULA KILLED YOU ALIVE. DRACULA = THE MAMA OF DUALITY.

VAN HENDRIK HELSING
CASTLE OF COUNT DRACULA THE WILL BE SHAO LIN TEMPLE OF WING CHUN KUEN.

kungfu cowboy
04-22-2004, 08:41 PM
why if other call your name while your are in deep sleep you still heard?

I think that has something to do with the reticular activating system of the brain.

The Nuclei of the Reticular Formation receive input from most of the Sensory Systems of the body and also from Cerebral Motor Regions.Stimulation of The Formation causes, fibers that pass to the Thalamus and then to the Cerebral Cortex, Activation and Alertness of the Cortex in general. If one is asleep, there is immediate awakening.

anerlich
04-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Is it a networked hive mind type unix enviroment, like the beowolf project? Tons of computers working together for one purpose.

On this forum, that seems most unlikely. Olny one group whose posting approximates a "hive mind" on here.

THE TRUE POWER OF THE COMPUTER WILL NOT RISE IF THAT OLD PROGRAM DOESNT STOP.

And it looks like you'll be unable to turn off its CAPS LOCK, too.

Typing in capitals does not make gibberish miraculously intelligible, or more meaningful. See earlier posts in capitals for a number of examples. Generally regarded as rude, also.

Ever heard of multitasking? Leary's eight neural circuits, which run alongside one another? We're all running ancient programs, reptilian, mammalian, ... upon some of which our survival depends. You want to be able to override those programs for higher level human activities, but you absolutely *do not* want to stop them. And what about the autonomic nervous system? Stop that little daemon and you die. The true power of the computer relies on all these programs running in a synergistic and appropriate fashion, NOT by replacing them with something else.

Lots of times people bring up these computer-related metaphors ... IMO most times they are a grossly deficient model for the human organism, its structure and its function.

Phenix
04-22-2004, 11:21 PM
anerlich,

hahahahah. have fun.

PaulH
04-22-2004, 11:58 PM
Thanks, Hendrik! It's good that you start something new! Your series of lightnight posts thunder loudly and silently struck me frozen and witless here and now.

Until I got my personal space and time re-oriented and am fully conscious and alert, I will inquire you further on life on the null space and void time. =)

Regards,
PH

Phenix
04-23-2004, 06:09 AM
Thanks, Hendrik! It's good that you start something new! Your series of lightnight posts thunder loudly and silently struck me frozen and witless here and now.

Until I got my personal space and time re-oriented and am fully conscious and alert, I will inquire you further on life on the null space and void time. =)

Regards,
PH

if you want to experience it that is simple. pay attention to silence between sound or spacial between things in everyday living. and when you do chi sau, you will lost the silence and spacial before you got force to react. and when you are reactive or being just reactive both your silence and spacial are gone and it just become a narrow or darken series of action or sensation.

experience it see am I right. there is technics to keep that ummovable wisdom to not being block. that is zen. and if you can keep that ummovable wisdom or alertness not being block than you can response. once you lost your alertness you have no choice but force react and all your brain freezed. hahahahha
that is how Van hendrik fight count dracula. always stay in silence.

objective silence is the silence betwen two or more sound. subjective silence is your alertness. and btw, a great sound system is the one with lot of silence and spacia disregard of how loud it play or how complex the music. go to movie theather and experience listern to the silence betwen the music. and compare that to the cheap stereo. you will hear what i mean. and Zen is silence and open spacial. A great car interiol design is very spacia when you sit inside like nothing block your view. know what? everyone love silence and spacia and that nature alertness.

Chi Sau? right before one got slap in the face one knows the slap is coming but one has lost the silence of spacial . thus one trap. thus zen is not about time and space thus advance wck is not about time and space because those things are distorted in a nolineage realm and lost of alertness. advance art has to has silence or alertness in every instant . and logic and theory..... those are great but cant get you there. no matter how greate the software program wrote, it can never replace the power of the computer. got it?

so zen is about alertness not about the logic of that software. Chi Sau is about alertness not about how many Kiu Sau counts.
But then alertness with broken arrow doesnt work because broken arrow block the alertness of being over stretch or no longer balance or Jung or center...

same with being take down.... one experience darkness the instant before going down.

so baby we have gone a long way. wing chun's internal arts has these immovable wisdom's technology.

WHEN YOU ALWAYS HEAR THE SILENCE, NO MATTER HOW LOUD THE THURNDER STORM SOUND IN TRANSIVANIA; IT WILL NEVER SHOCK YOU. WHEN YOU DONT HAVE THAT ALERTNESS, A FALLING LEAF SHOCK AND FREEZED YOU IN THE SILENT NIGHT WALK.

Van Hendrik Helsing
Apr 23 Transivania

Gangsterfist
04-23-2004, 07:56 AM
Anerlich-

I could not agree more. I work in the IT field as a service repair technician. I work with computers, and computer related products all day for my work. Comparing a man made machine, to man itself does not make much sense to me either. Not to mention most people don't even understand how a computer operates in the first place.

comparing applications to developing power is also kind of ridiculous. That is because all software is still limited by the hardware. So you can train all you want but all of your power, and technique are still limited to your physical body (hardware).

Phenix
04-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Anerlich-

Comparing a man made machine, to man itself does not make much sense to me either. Not to mention most people don't even understand how a computer operates in the first place.

comparing applications to developing power is also kind of ridiculous. That is because all software is still limited by the hardware. So you can train all you want but all of your power, and technique are still limited to your physical body (hardware).

There is a different between comparing and analogy to describe what is going on in the modern language.

It is always easy to present the chinese stanza and take it or leave it. But then some one is going to complain. Oh that is crytic.....

hahahaha. until one is really interested in the subject so deep that one is willing to see it in anyway the subject is present. there is no real learning. Thus, Damo told Hui Ke, if you want to learn about Zen, wait until the sky snow red snow. Hui Ke chop off his arm to make the snow red. that might be just a story. But, how many in this world really dare and sincere enough to go that far as Hui Ke?

And by the way, who says the power of computer is limited to the physical hardware? we shrink physical size of computer very year and non stop. who says the physical size determine everything? Miyamoto mushashi beat advance sword man in his teen.

So the bottom line of power is
Does one dare to make the snow red? otherwise, just talks and entertainment shows business. hahahaha. there is no power by fantasying Qi, Zen, or how many moves one knows... and stuck in the thinking pattern in the paradigm one likes to believe is the ultimate.

if the mind is not willing to strech and experience there is no learning and it is just a fantasy of oh I know this and that but cant implement it. that is the ultimate facts. cant implement it.

I take oyama's side, only stretching to the ultimate there comes the power. Cant read magazine and discuss in forum for that.

Just some thoughts. hahahah.

Gangsterfist
04-23-2004, 08:10 AM
hardware can get smaller, but all OS, applications, etc are still limited by the hardware. Every OS out there today is a multitasking, multi-user enviroment. If computer A has double the RAM, double the processor, and double system bus speeds it is going to run a lot faster than computer B, which has half the hardware power of computer A. Its plain and simple. A 6 cylinder engine is going to output more power than a 4 cyclinder. Now you can do things like over clocking, and system tweaks but that stresses your hardware more and shortens its life.

I am not talking about physical size here, I am talking about power. The pentium chip has gotten smaller, and more powerful over the years.

Gangsterfist
04-23-2004, 08:13 AM
Okay look at it this way.

How does a boxer develope power in their punches?

How does a TKD practitioner develope power in their kicks?

How do track and feild runners develope power in their legs?

How do powerlifters develope power to lift weights?

How does a martial artist develope power in his/her techniques?

All different answers for all different purposes. Obviously the power lifter and the track and field runner are going to have different work out regimes.

Phenix
04-23-2004, 09:21 AM
Isnt it always easy to ask for the moon but critic the finger that pointing at the moon?

because the finger is too long, too short, robortic non human, ......

Isnt it always easy to missed the moon and lost in the fingers and fingers?

this style that style.... and un ended

Isnt it always easy to complain why all those criptic words?
Where what emperor Liang wants from Damo is praise but not the original face.

ISnt it always that way? hahahaha
Just human lives in an self-expectation world.

Until the Sky snowing red snow,
then one seriously really wants to see the moon.
and the red snow will show.
(note: snowing red snow which is impossible is just a matter of will. Hui Ke chops his left arm to make the sky snowing red snow.)

Until then,
one will jump from one martial art to another hoping the sky snowing red snow;
but all end up in the same place after years and years.
because the solution of an idea style one had found only good until the next fighter of other style beat the master of one's style.

and the journey goes on and on a gain.

Never see the moon.

PaulH
04-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Hendrik,

"Got it? - HK"

Thanks for the light! Your lamp post burns very bright lately.

Regards,
PH

Phenix
04-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Hendrik,

Thanks for the light! Your lamp post burns very bright lately.

As an esoteric Buddhist guardian deity, Immovable Wisdom King is the protector of Buddhism and the destroyer of the illusions of life. With a glaring continence, Myo guides us in achieving a mind that is unaffected by desires and the carnal temptations of life. As a messenger of Dainichi Nyorai (Cosmic Buddha),

Regards,
PH

Dainichi Nyorai is the MahaVairochana Tatagata is the Great Sun Thus Come one is the Immovable wisdom.

Zen is esoteric. esoteric is zen in the NON Dual. Directly penetrate to the root of the source. beyond time and space. but most prefer to see the finger instead of the moon.

What Chi Sau is for? it is not the sensing but the conciousness and alertness behind the sensing. Traveling in the direction of counting kiu sau is pulling the reverse gear. Only one who get to the source of creation creates. The one who diversify only is a store room manager. Chi Sau is Zen practice which WCK lineage doesnt have it?

Here is the last part , the ultimate state, of a kept WCK kuen kuit of the LJ --> Yip Man --> ..... line. see for yourself.
read it and see what it is. hahahahaha .

ultimate Power. some believe some dont.

¦]½t¦U´N¡@®í³~¦PÂk
Áö¤ª©wªk¡@ÅܤƤH¬°¡@ÁI©vµ´¾Ç¡@¦®¦b_ר_
¦×¨_¦¨¦ò¡@¥j¤µ´X¤H¡@µL¬°µL§Ú¡@µL¬ÉµL²×

Translation:

Condition depends on situation, however, different paths get to the same place.

Even it is said to be a fix method, the change and transformation is depend on the operator. The ultimate of the Zen teaching, the mission is to cultivate oneself.

Attained enlightement with this same body (in one life span) is rare, how many person can reach that state through out the past and future?
Non action and Non me, NON boundary and Non end.

You want the ultimate power of WCK? here is it. But first NON EXPECT . with a single arrow shoot throught the window and let the light shine inward. hahahaha

have you seen red snow lately? or you rather be like Emperor Liang stick to the lineage and praise of how many temple he builds?

anerlich
04-23-2004, 11:17 PM
And by the way, who says the power of computer is limited to the physical hardware?

Er... me, Gangsterfist, and several million computer engineers.

You can build and completely redesign computer chips anew ... not so your own brain. Perhaps you tried this and it went horribly wrong, which might explain the content of some of your more hyperbolic posts on this thread. Memory protection violations into a parallel universe, perhaps?

saifa5k
04-30-2004, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by anerlich
[B]None of us must skimp on our tent and especially the pole in the centre to hold it up.

**Most important thing about pole is it be stiff at appropriate time or nice tent not even matter ;)

dave c