PDA

View Full Version : real fights and being taken to the ground

greyfox
03-29-2004, 05:50 AM
hi i was wonderin how many of yall have been in actual street fights and how did they turn out from 14 to 20 i have been in about 20 - 25 i have fought 3 people once and wo but i had a gash in my head and massive blood loss i was in my teens then i have fought 5 people and won that was luck basically i didn't let them surrond me and i struck as if my life depended on it took out 4, 5th ran once more i was severly hurt no broken bones though but the only fight i have been in that was takin to the ground i was 18 dude tackled me mounted me hit me 3 times i was embarresed and was thinkin it is not gonna end like this some how i was able to get my legs around his neck and throw him off of me then i finished him with a couple of punches i had nothin to fear except grappling from him he was stronger then me but i had more fighting experiance he had no hand skills

king chun
03-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Hmmmm........... why so many fights, surley martial arts teaches you not only to be physically able, but to use your brain to avoid uneccessary conflicts?

Serpent
03-29-2004, 06:36 AM
Punctuation, please!

David Jamieson
03-29-2004, 06:43 AM
...and use paragraphs.

Overall, this one has a nutty flavour and a good nose on it. I'll give it a 3.5

Over to you >

manofkent
03-29-2004, 07:57 AM
Great story thanks. why dont u discus it in the street fight forum?

IronFist
03-29-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by greyfox
i had nothin to fear except grappling from him

Dude I think you also fear the period key. :D

Ray Pina
03-29-2004, 11:10 AM
If true, you may want to reflect on the way you handle yourself when dealing with others. Do you provoke people? Mouth off?

But also, if true, you have good fighting spirit.

I've had my fair share of scraps (not too many) growing up and you quickly learn that it's mostly mental and size. Size you can't control. Seams you have the metal. So all that's left is more technique.

Also maybe buy some Bob Marley CDs.

greyfox
03-29-2004, 12:41 PM
ok one word is anyone from the hood and this was before i started learnin ma

norther practitioner
03-29-2004, 12:45 PM
the hood, or a hood?

lol...

I chilled in a hood for a while growing up...... :confused:

Ray Pina
03-29-2004, 12:52 PM
Regarding hood: Born and raised in Newark, N.J.

I know what you're driving at here. Yes, the "not a punk" factor is very important. Then you get to a place where you fight other "non punks" who maybe not from the hood are big farmer boys from Pa. or North Dakota to played football and wrsteled in college and train MMA now and might even have a little rascist anger in them.

I do find benefit from growing up in a less than pampered neighborhood, but I've moved on a long time ago (Literally and mentally)

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-29-2004, 07:19 PM
i have had 37 fights since last week, but i only won 2 of them.

a woman at the supermarket mouthed off to me and i beat the hell out of her and her paraplegic grandmother so i count that as two wins.

SevenStar
03-30-2004, 12:17 AM
that'll teach them a thing or two!

rubthebuddha
03-30-2004, 12:50 AM
sad thing is, while GDA did win against two opponents, he received several kicks to the head, all from the paraplegic. 'twas a humbling day for tma. :(

:D

MasterKiller
03-30-2004, 07:20 AM
Cripple Fiiiiiiight!

MonkeySlap Too
03-30-2004, 10:18 AM
My experience does not reflect the 'most fights go to the ground theory', although the popularity of BJJ has resulted in more people just trying to lay down in front of me with thier legs spread....which is really just wierd.

Water Dragon
03-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by MonkeySlap Too
My experience does not reflect the 'most fights go to the ground theory', although the popularity of BJJ has resulted in more people just trying to lay down in front of me with thier legs spread....which is really just wierd.

lol. That's not because of BJJ. That's because you live in San Francisco!

greyfox
03-30-2004, 12:25 PM
can anyone please jus tell me thier actual reall fight experiance please do not jude me i jus wanted to ask a question

Ray Pina
03-30-2004, 12:47 PM
They don't hurt so much when in them as afterwards and I can only think of 2 or 3 that couldn't have been avoided.

Those were: getting tackled off my bike when I was 9 or 10 by some kid who just "escaped" the Boy's Town up the block; pulling a friend out of a ring of specttors after he jumped in to pull out a friend who had gotten jumped -- his other friends just watched; and not so much of a fight, but a van my drunk friend gave the finger to coming home from Manhattan while in college followed us to the parking lot we were getting dropped off into ... about five guys piled out and tried to catch him before he reached his car. One guy -- still in the sliding doors -- appeared to be loading a shotgun. My friend clipped one guy punching my passangerside window (I thought it was going to break) and we drove to the police headquarters incase the followed.

Every other fight was of the schoolyard, too cool to backdown variety.